Strawberry Attitude and the Future of Sinkapore

Viceroymenthol

Confession: I shouted at a guy for being ungentlemanly, only to find out he was my big boss
Posted on 05 November 2013 | 7,956 views | 31 comments | 0 shares
confmain.jpg?itok=mF4C5Gdx

Confession pages are all the rage. Here is STOMP's choice for confession of the day.

Today's confession is from an SMU student who told a guy off for not helping her, then found out he was the regional head of operations at the company she was interning at.

Here is the confession in full:

"Wow I had a totally sh!tty day. I’m currently taking a break to do a 6 month internship at a global commercial bank. I’m currently assigned to learn from one of the directors - follow him around in meetings and experience what top management in a bank is like. There’s quite a few of us from SMU, NTU and NUS. We’re basically all assigned to different mentors, but located on the same floor.

"Today, I met this middle aged man at the pantry while I was trying to get myself a glass of water. We have this cool looking 2-in-1 water purifier and dispenser in our pantry which is manually replenished by the cleaner every few hours. I think the cleaner was late today so she hadn’t replenished the water yet.

"Since I saw that middle aged man at the pantry, I just told him to replenish it. It’s pretty brainless stuff, just takes a bit of physical strength. He took one look at me and just walked away. I think guys who act like this are just embarrassing. So I shouted “And you call yourself a man?” He ignored me and kept walking. As I headed back to my office, I was going to tell my mentor about this guy, but we had to go for a meeting because the regional head of operations was giving everyone a briefing.

"When we entered the conference room, I got the nastiest shock of my life. That ungentlemanly guy was actually the regional head of operations. And so the first thing I asked my mentor was “is his appointment higher than yours?” And he just replied me “You know the CEO for our bank in Singapore? This guy is one level higher – he’s the regional head for our banks located all over Asia.” Crap. I can’t use my mentor as a shield now.

"After the meeting that guy decided to be a total a**hole. He pointed me out as the girl who asked him to refill the water dispenser. The conference room went dead silent immediately. In front of everyone, he told my mentor to 'QC your employee. If you can’t make her change her attitude, make her change her job.' What really surprised me was how NOBODY DARED TO SAY ANYTHING! Even the female directors all kept quiet and just scowled at me after the meeting was over. What a joke. Hello that guy acted like a jerk to me at the pantry everyone. Highest rank so what?

"Then when we returned to the office, I was expecting the director to agree with me on how that guy is a douchebag or at least offer me some consolation. Guess what? He gave me another scolding when we got back. Wow thanks. I totally felt like crying after that."

Read more stories from our Confession of the Day feature here

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

either that was a make up story like most of the confession were, it is a good reminder to the strawberry out there that no one owe them anything, if they need any, do it themselve.

if the story was real, this intern will have a 'colorful' record to start with in the industry [laugh][laugh]

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

3ojwdz.jpg

She never mention how she "told him to replenish it."

The way she mentioned "It’s pretty brainless stuff, just takes a bit of physical strength." I suspect she is not very polite about it.

may like:

"oi! Uncle, can replenish the water?"

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

i'd be happy to help a young pretty intern even if i am the boss

And that's how scandals started...lol

Edited by Pocus

only if she say it nicely with soft and sweet voice, a bit of touching would be good too ??

what if u r the handsome dude intern and your boss is a lonely woman... [laugh]

• Praise 1

either that was a make up story like most of the confession were, it is a good reminder to the strawberry out there that no one owe them anything, if they need any, do it themselve.

if the story was real, this intern will have a 'colorful' record to start with in the industry [laugh][laugh]

... middle age man... need to reserve their back for... better... pleasure ... things lah....

[grin]

• Praise 2

So she thinks everyone who appears in a pantry look like a servant to her.

With that kind of attitude, even a manager would be sacked the following day.

She should go watch "Undercover Boss"

• Praise 3

this is not just about the strawberry issue, its about how spoiled, self-entitled and atrocious younger generation of spore woman are becoming.

Thank god my girlfriend is non-sporean. Gave up on local girls long ago after my ex. From my exp majority of girls below 30 these days have the exact same mentality.

• Praise 2
  • Dislike 1

Confession: I shouted at a guy for being ungentlemanly, only to find out he was my big boss
Posted on 05 November 2013 | 7,956 views | 31 comments | 0 shares
confmain.jpg?itok=mF4C5Gdx

Confession pages are all the rage. Here is STOMP's choice for confession of the day.

Today's confession is from an SMU student who told a guy off for not helping her, then found out he was the regional head of operations at the company she was interning at.

Here is the confession in full:

"Wow I had a totally sh!tty day. I’m currently taking a break to do a 6 month internship at a global commercial bank. I’m currently assigned to learn from one of the directors - follow him around in meetings and experience what top management in a bank is like. There’s quite a few of us from SMU, NTU and NUS. We’re basically all assigned to different mentors, but located on the same floor.

"Today, I met this middle aged man at the pantry while I was trying to get myself a glass of water. We have this cool looking 2-in-1 water purifier and dispenser in our pantry which is manually replenished by the cleaner every few hours. I think the cleaner was late today so she hadn’t replenished the water yet.

"Since I saw that middle aged man at the pantry, I just told him to replenish it. It’s pretty brainless stuff, just takes a bit of physical strength. He took one look at me and just walked away. I think guys who act like this are just embarrassing. So I shouted “And you call yourself a man?” He ignored me and kept walking. As I headed back to my office, I was going to tell my mentor about this guy, but we had to go for a meeting because the regional head of operations was giving everyone a briefing.

"When we entered the conference room, I got the nastiest shock of my life. That ungentlemanly guy was actually the regional head of operations. And so the first thing I asked my mentor was “is his appointment higher than yours?” And he just replied me “You know the CEO for our bank in Singapore? This guy is one level higher – he’s the regional head for our banks located all over Asia.” Crap. I can’t use my mentor as a shield now.

"After the meeting that guy decided to be a total a**hole. He pointed me out as the girl who asked him to refill the water dispenser. The conference room went dead silent immediately. In front of everyone, he told my mentor to 'QC your employee. If you can’t make her change her attitude, make her change her job.' What really surprised me was how NOBODY DARED TO SAY ANYTHING! Even the female directors all kept quiet and just scowled at me after the meeting was over. What a joke. Hello that guy acted like a jerk to me at the pantry everyone. Highest rank so what?

"Then when we returned to the office, I was expecting the director to agree with me on how that guy is a douchebag or at least offer me some consolation. Guess what? He gave me another scolding when we got back. Wow thanks. I totally felt like crying after that."

Read more stories from our Confession of the Day feature here

Why so inconsistent?

Reminds me of the time I was doing my week long field exercise. We were all preparing to move off to attack way past midnight and it was a cloudy moonless night sky, everything was pitch black.

Saw this sloppy guy a few feet away from me and I said "hoy! can help me with this signal set or not?"

"Sure soldier" he said in a slight ang mo accent.

"Wah your ang mo speak like american hor! Thanks eeh brother."

"No problem dude!" was his reply.

Later my PC said to me "seow ehh, you talk to Division commander like that one arhh?"

"How I know, orh lu lu"

• Praise 6

I SO want this story to be 100% true.

And I love this quote: "QC your employee. If you can’t make her change her attitude, make her change her job."

The best part of it all is that the stupiak b!tch still thinks SHE was the wronged party. [rolleyes]

• Praise 1

the younger generation.......always wants others to respect them 1st!haiz....i kana before....a new female colleague wanted me to help her carry a box to her table......sheesh....inside the box got oni 2 books. I look at her 1 kind like that than tell her "sorry, i am not paid to carry your things!" she tiam tiam go away!

this is not just about the strawberry issue, its about how spoiled, self-entitled and atrocious younger generation of spore woman are becoming.

Thank god my girlfriend is non-sporean. Gave up on local girls long ago after my ex. From my exp majority of girls below 30 these days have the exact same mentality.

Well said!!!

And I love this quote: "QC your employee. If you cant make her change her attitude, make her change her job."

The best part of it all is that the stupiak b!tch still thinks SHE was the wronged party. [rolleyes]

+10000 points!!!

And I love this quote: "QC your employee. If you cant make her change her attitude, make her change her job."

+10000 points!!!

Reminds me of the time I was doing my week long field exercise. We were all preparing to move off to attack way past midnight and it was a cloudy moonless night sky, everything was pitch black.

Saw this sloppy guy a few feet away from me and I said "hoy! can help me with this signal set or not?"

"Sure soldier" he said in a slight ang mo accent.

"Wah your ang mo speak like american hor! Thanks eeh brother."

"No problem dude!" was his reply.

Later my PC said to me "seow ehh, you talk to Division commander like that one arhh?"

"How I know, orh lu lu"

Wah best!!!!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1