Left front brake wear twice faster than right

Rustyz

Just came back from servcing, ws say my MIt colt left front brake is wearing twice as quick as the right. Any idea what wrongs

The ws say is clipper and skimming the rotor as to fix the issue. Any experince

Thanks for reading.

↡ Advertisement

Caliper partially jammed. It's needs a rebuild. Are both the pads on left side equally worn? If its just one pad on the left is more worn then just the caliper pins needs to be lubricated.

(edited)

is Rebuilt = Recon?

Thanks bro appreciate your help to shed some light. As ws very vague can't understand

Edited by Rustyz

Caliper partially jammed. It's needs a rebuild. Are both the pads on left side equally worn? If its just one pad on the left is more worn then just the caliper pins needs to be lubricated.

my right front brakes had this problem......can feel the car a bit draggy but once in a while very smooth....went to check at a ws in jb and they solved the problem. The inner pad was athinner than the outer one....but ws say still usable!

Agree it's the brake caliper. A simple solution is to grease the 2 guiding pins. If u google for images on brake caliper assembly you will see the 2 guide pins that the open and close the caliper.

Overhauling the caliper is required unless the piston is jammed.

Edited by Watwheels

Moving the caliper piston(s) back to home position require the use of spreader, but most of our local mech use screwdriver to leverage in the piston(s). Most of the time, the piston (s) goes out of alignment and the seal is damaged resulting in poor hydraulic pressure built-up and slight leak.

post-272-0-84459100-1383742020_thumb.jpg

Edited by Yeobh
  • Praise 2

Just came back from servcing, ws say my MIt colt left front brake is wearing twice as quick as the right. Any idea what wrongs

The ws say is clipper and skimming the rotor as to fix the issue. Any experince

Thanks for reading.

Ya likely the left caliper is sticking n brake is binding.

The piston needs to b checked. Maybe dirt or rust has damaged it. U may also feel yr car pulling to the left sometimes.

Sud get it fixed cos can b dangerous especially on wet n slippery roads. Yr FC also increase n loss of power.

If u jack up the front of the car n spin the front wheels, u sud see the left hard to spin freely compared to the right wheel.

my right front brakes had this problem......can feel the car a bit draggy but once in a while very smooth....went to check at a ws in jb and they solved the problem. The inner pad was athinner than the outer one....but ws say still usable!

Draggy? Got sound anot

Thank bro

Agree it's the brake caliper. A simple solution is to grease the 2 guiding pins. If u google for images on brake caliper assembly you will see the 2 guide pins that the open and close the caliper.

Overhauling the caliper is required unless the piston is jammed.

Thanks bro. You deem it is simple to DIY

Moving the caliper piston(s) back to home position require the use of spreader, but most of our local mech use screwdriver to leverage in the piston(s). Most of the time, the piston (s) goes out of alignment and the seal is damaged resulting in poor hydraulic pressure built-up and slight leak.

I have seen ppl use block with G clamp to do that. Old school!

Thanks uncle

Ya likely the left caliper is sticking n brake is binding.

The piston needs to b checked. Maybe dirt or rust has damaged it. U may also feel yr car pulling to the left sometimes.

Sud get it fixed cos can b dangerous especially on wet n slippery roads. Yr FC also increase n loss of power.

If u jack up the front of the car n spin the front wheels, u sud see the left hard to spin freely compared to the right wheel.

No FC increace or Power loss. I understand the problem now. So is piston enagage no free play.

Will repair soon. won't dare to play play with brake

If it is really brake piston issue the rotor would be thin too right?

Thank you for all your valuable input. Sincerely apperciate it! [thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

If it is really brake piston issue the rotor would be thin too right?

Thank you for all your valuable input. Sincerely apperciate it! [thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

I dun think the rotor wud n too thin but u can get the mech to inspect it to b sure.

Main thing is to free the left caliper. Just get it checked by a good mech n repair or change if necessary.

I dun think the rotor wud n too thin but u can get the mech to inspect it to b sure.

Main thing is to free the left caliper. Just get it checked by a good mech n repair or change if necessary.

So early bro. Thanks will note that and make sure mechanic check properly

So early bro. Thanks will note that and make sure mechanic check properly

U also very early. Hahaha.

Yr brakes r one of the more important things so make sure ty work well.

U also very early. Hahaha.

Yr brakes r one of the more important things so make sure ty work well.

Sama sama

haha

Sama sama

haha

no sound but when he jacked my car that particular wheel was not as freely rotating as the rest...must use a bit of force then it will rotate.....he used some sort of clamp that worked the opposite way round to force the piston....

no sound but when he jacked my car that particular wheel was not as freely rotating as the rest...must use a bit of force then it will rotate.....he used some sort of clamp that worked the opposite way round to force the piston....

Noted. Will try later. Thanks =)

Noted. Will try later. Thanks =)

no prob...we help each other when we have question about our rides.....better then kana carrot by the ws. I went to a proton ws opposite Holiday inn JB. They also service other makes like mits and toyota. sharing the compound was also a ws servicing China make cars.

(edited)

no prob...we help each other when we have question about our rides.....better then kana carrot by the ws. I went to a proton ws opposite Holiday inn JB. They also service other makes like mits and toyota. sharing the compound was also a ws servicing China make cars.

The one between the big longkang and nursery, biz damn good

The makeshift beside the Holiday inn fried banana and lou han drink move to where anyone know?

Edited by Rustyz

The one between the big longkang and nursery, biz damn good

The makeshift beside the Holiday inn fried banana and lou han drink move to where anyone know?

not sure about nursery.....but the mech very friendly....they even changed my sparks fir me foc....but i gave them ang pao after that....maybe thats why their biznez good.
↡ Advertisement