Washing machine repair

Hamburger

1 hour ago, Fitvip said:

Sigh, my wm of about 6 years just stopped half way this morning. There is a burning smell. It cannot operate now. 

Called the service centre and the earliest appointment is Sat. $64.20 for the technician's attendance, parts will be charged accordingly. 

Should I proceed with the repair?

hmmm if they need to replace a circuit board, it's expensive. I won't bother.

1 circuit board costs like 2-300 dollars for a front loader.

Edited by Lala81
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

2 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

I was told the mother board costs $150.00. That should be to most expensive part at the control panel. Other costly parts are the suspension and the spring which will cost a few hundreds.

5 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

If 200-300 still cheaper to buy a brand new front loader? Lol.

Will depend on what is the price of the expected parts that need to change.

Also the new WM what is the price range you are looking at.

24 minutes ago, Tohto said:

Will depend on what is the price of the expected parts that need to change.

Also the new WM what is the price range you are looking at.

ya, I buy washing machines that are < $500 in price.

anything spoil, just get a new < $500 machine.

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, Fitvip said:

I was told the mother board costs $150.00. That should be to most expensive part at the control panel. Other costly parts are the suspension and the spring which will cost a few hundreds.

Yeap, about right.

My previous bosch wm will jump around during spin cycle when the shocks are exhausted. Each time repair cost about $200+. They blame it on my mother for overloading the wm. I say the shocks are of poor quality or underrated. Got rid of the bosch and never see this problem again.

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

Mine was a dryer+washer combo with only a touch screen to select all the options.  The touch screen conked out not long after the warranty expired.  Now can only use it in its default wash mode.  Was told by the service unit that the replacement will cost about $500.  Ironic thing is that the touch screen of my cheapo made in china tablet is still working after 7 years. 

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

2 hours ago, Fitvip said:

Don’t bother lah

if need to gchange motherboard, usually other things also going to spoil one 

don’t be like me stupid go and change iPhone 7 original battery $70. Less than one month later cannot turn on. Should have just sold off instead

just buy a new one lah

now Lazada Shopee front load 7kg about $500+

• Praise 3

23 hours ago, Kb27 said:

Yeap, about right.

My previous bosch wm will jump around during spin cycle when the shocks are exhausted. Each time repair cost about $200+. They blame it on my mother for overloading the wm. I say the shocks are of poor quality or underrated. Got rid of the bosch and never see this problem again.

The newer bosch machines are better, more refined/quieter.
But i only use 400/600rpm spin to preserve the clothes.

I'm on my 2nd bosch. Only electrolux is substantially cheaper. The other brands about sama sama. So i prefer MIC bosch.

5 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

An update. Replaced the PCB. Damage - $180/ with one month's warranty.

Hope you get a good ROI on it.
The 1 month warranty is what turned me off.

2 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Hope you get a good ROI on it.
The 1 month warranty is what turned me off.

He took out the old set and replaced with a new one and reconnect the wire sockets! No meddling with other parts. Just hope nothing will go wrong lor! If it can last me more than 2 years, it should  be good enough!

• Praise 2

My Fisher & Paykel washing machine gave me error code and refused to work just after 3 years. Lucky I did get 5 years warranty from Best Denki when I bought it. 

Told the repair person the error code, ERR 105 which is a communication error and require to replace the module. Today the guy came and I tot he brought the replacement board after I told them the error code on the phone.

But he came to just check that the error code I gave was indeed the error code I reported. Told me that they need to order the part and have to wait 1-2 weeks.:a-bang:

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 2

10 hours ago, Adrianli said:

My Fisher & Paykel washing machine gave me error code and refused to work just after 3 years. Lucky I did get 5 years warranty from Best Denki when I bought it. 

Told the repair person the error code, ERR 105 which is a communication error and require to replace the module. Today the guy came and I tot he brought the replacement board after I told them the error code on the phone.

But he came to just check that the error code I gave was indeed the error code I reported. Told me that they need to order the part and have to wait 1-2 weeks.:a-bang:

It's like that de loh.. SOP, Procedure, blah blah blah.. they always think user are toopid..

When i call  my company IT oso vomit blood.. "Have you plug in and ensure the power is switch on?"...

• Haha! 2

Ok .. my Samsung washer dryer failed with error beeping -2019 wd80j4610

apparently using the wrong detergents would cause it to fail.. 160 dollars all in. Bought at 1.5k back then 

Oriental service center .. look for Susan 90010950. 

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 3

20 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

apparently using the wrong detergents would cause it to fail.. 160 dollars all in. Bought at 1.5k back then 

You used the top load detergent? 

21 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

What detergent u use? If got detergent issue should be very obvious I thought. 

21 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

Didnt know use wrong detergents, washer would fail? 

↡ Advertisement