Washing machine repair

Hamburger

just now say 8kgs, it was 9kgs actually [sweatdrop]

5 pax at home, my wife dun like to accumulate laundry, kids school uniform plus adult clothing change everyday, towels, kids cca uniform (2-3 time a week), bed sheet, etc. Plus you can mix certain type of clothing, so......... [grin]

I think my F&P most of the time overload. My mum like to cram the clothes as we really have lots of clothings to wash as we have 2 primary school kids. On top of that, my mum likes to wash bedsheet every 2 weeks. [smallcry]

washing machine front load.

Either get a LG (cheaper) or get a Bosch low end model.

Anyway i don't expect anything beyond a Miele to survive well past 5 years.

i think we kena con by Radx, he say his can last 10 year [lipsrsealed]

but mine was 3 loads a day 7 days a week, guess ROI still worth it [laugh]

siang ka pager...dunno you all wash body issit? my ariston at my mom home still using for 7 yrs gg strong. The other transfer to sis-in-law and now into the 12th yr..still strong. you all must be using acid in wash ah....

u wan come take a look. come wash also...hahahah

My F&P washing machine has served us well. We are a family of 6 plus a toddler which my mum is helping to take care. So load is quite heavy with minimum one was a day and sometimes twice a day.

Wah so frequent! kuay liao spotted!

or perhaps your ariston capacity 3kg nia? hehehe....

I think Ariston product is quite lau yah. Used to have their centralised water heater. Within 7 years, we changed 2 units from the same brand!

lol....like i say, must be you all overload the poor bugger...tsk tsk

Turbocharged

10yrs or 5yrs?

Must see how many pax in the family and how many times a week.

If 2 pax wash twice a week last 5yrs means 4 pax wash 4 times a week will mean 2.5yrs?

I did check out Miele but don't have top load. I only want a top load as I don't want my mum to bend down and strain her back.

Understandable.

Supersonic

washing machine front load.

Either get a LG (cheaper) or get a Bosch low end model.

Anyway i don't expect anything beyond a Miele to survive well past 5 years.

I had the following washing machine:

Electrolux - $600, old style, front load, concrete block on top to stop vibration. Always get cockroach lay eggs on the concrete block, Problematic front clip, replaced many times, but machine last and last (20 yrs maybe), until we got tired of the clip.

Bosch - farking expensive, almost $1k, didn't last long (5 yrs), Use struts for shock absorbers. Every two year, the shocks go and the machine jump up and down during spin cycle, like the whole block of flat going to break apart. Downstair neighbours must be frightened out of their wits. After 2 shocks change, enough is enough. Throw away the damn machine.

Fisher & Paykel - top loading. $700. Nice and easy to use. Last about 8 yrs. Then water pump spoiled, overheated. Change once. Then change again. Ok, time to retire.

Samsung - top loading, $400, current...hopefully give me another 5 yrs.

I hate to pay so much for washing machine.

The worst, imo, is the Bosch.

(edited)

Electrolux - $600, old style, front load, concrete block on top to stop vibration. Always get cockroach lay eggs on the concrete block, Problematic front clip, replaced many times, but machine last and last (20 yrs maybe), until we got tired of the clip.

Bosch - farking expensive, almost $1k, didn't last long (5 yrs), Use struts for shock absorbers. Every two year, the shocks go and the machine jump up and down during spin cycle, like the whole block of flat going to break apart. Downstair neighbours must be frightened out of their wits. After 2 shocks change, enough is enough. Throw away the damn machine.

Fisher & Paykel - top loading. $700. Nice and easy to use. Last about 8 yrs. Then water pump spoiled, overheated. Change once. Then change again. Ok, time to retire.

I bought 5 year warranty. So i don't really care.

Anyway, the only 2 general brands with consistent almost 4 star rating on consumer review (Aussie) is LG and Bosch.

Samsung has 4 stars but if u read the reviews, many complain of persistent rattling after a while.

Miele is 4.5 star and above.

Electrolux, F&P are 3 stars. Ariston is about 2-3 stars.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 2

Wah.... Let me guesstimate how old you are...

20+5+8 ++

Say you start family at the age of 30. Means you chao chao 60 years old already? [sweatdrop]

Anyway, the only 2 general brands with consistent almost 4 star rating on consumer review (Aussie) is LG and Bosch.

Electrolux, F&P are 3 stars.

F&P back then was popular for it's direct drive motor and water saving. The price was a premium. However, technology has caught up and they have not innovated much since then.

my national panasonic (made in japan) 15 years liao!!! that time buy was $800

now still working! [crazy]

i think they severely over engineer this washing machine

• Praise 1

In general white goods quality have dropped due to cost saving and manufacturing in low cost countries.

If u ask the salesmen, they will tell u for front loads.

LG - most easy to spoil is the PCB. The fancy electronics on the control panel

Bosch low end models - problem area is door catch.

• Praise 1

like this? [laugh][laugh]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dq6T5BojXc8

• Praise 1

Supercharged

my national panasonic (made in japan) 15 years liao!!! that time buy was $800

now still working! [crazy]

i think they severely over engineer this washing machine

My Panasonic washer (12kg) is 6 years. Still working fine. But I's not sure if it is made in Japan. But it is a heavy duty workhorse washer...

Nowadays still got washer made-in-Japan meh?

Supersonic

Wah.... Let me guesstimate how old you are...

20+5+8 ++

Say you start family at the age of 30. Means you chao chao 60 years old already? [sweatdrop]

50+..first one was bought by my mom. She got tired of washing by hand. [:)]

I think no one is washing by hand nowadays. Takes too much time and a machine is cheap.

My Panasonic washer (12kg) is 6 years. Still working fine. But I's not sure if it is made in Japan. But it is a heavy duty workhorse washer...

Nowadays still got washer made-in-Japan meh?

heheh

15 years ago liao

Supercharged

F&P is good. It is the leading brand of washer n dryer in New Zealand. I like F&P products.

But also they are a bit more expensive.

Supersonic

Samsung has 4 stars but if u read the reviews, many complain of persistent rattling after a while.

Electrolux, F&P are 3 stars. Ariston is about 2-3 stars.

Consumer review is certainly a baseline to look for a washing machine.

However, I will never touch a Bosch again, after the bad experience. Replace $200 worth of struts every year or so is crazy.

Each machine I had tend to suffer from the same part failure peculiar to that machine.

So now, I think I just go for cheap top loading and throw away when it requires repair.

↡ Advertisement