Washing machine repair

Hamburger

some suggestion please........

while my SS washing machine spin quite smoothly when drying, the initial movement to spin is rather dramatic.

The whole machine seems to "jump" before smoothing out. Counter balance weight problem???

Open up and DIY???

↡ Advertisement

while my SS washing machine spin quite smoothly when drying, the initial movement to spin is rather dramatic.

The whole machine seems to "jump" before smoothing out. Counter balance weight problem???

Open up and DIY???

sit on it to stop it from jumping [laugh][laugh]

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Open up and DIY???

Is yours front loading ?

Last time, my old Electrolux had a concrete block on top.

Try DIY ? :D

Is yours front loading ?

Last time, my old Electrolux had a concrete block on top.

Try DIY ? :D

It's front load. Errrrrr........don't think will sit on it.

The ang mo brand hardly wash cloth, coz thy wear till stink . . . yet so ex !

I had the following washing machine:

Electrolux - $600, old style, front load, concrete block on top to stop vibration. Always get cockroach lay eggs on the concrete block, Problematic front clip, replaced many times, but machine last and last (20 yrs maybe), until we got tired of the clip.

Bosch - farking expensive, almost $1k, didn't last long (5 yrs), Use struts for shock absorbers. Every two year, the shocks go and the machine jump up and down during spin cycle, like the whole block of flat going to break apart. Downstair neighbours must be frightened out of their wits. After 2 shocks change, enough is enough. Throw away the damn machine.

Fisher & Paykel - top loading. $700. Nice and easy to use. Last about 8 yrs. Then water pump spoiled, overheated. Change once. Then change again. Ok, time to retire.

Samsung - top loading, $400, current...hopefully give me another 5 yrs.

I hate to pay so much for washing machine.

The worst, imo, is the Bosch.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

It's front load. Errrrrr........don't think will sit on it.

Might be a good idea to attach a car shock absorber to it. [laugh]

my national panasonic (made in japan) 15 years liao!!! that time buy was $800

now still working! [crazy]

i think they severely over engineer this washing machine

Absolutely right.

As usual.

:D

Supercharged

Thanks for the ,.....advice.

Facepalm

Shock absorber gone case.. Mine is having same issue as urs... Today the Brandt technician came to check say need to check if have stock if not must order...

Supersonic

Shock absorber gone case.. Mine is having same issue as urs... Today the Brandt technician came to check say need to check if have stock if not must order...

Car shock absorber might actually be a good idea, since no one ever try it.

Washing machine shocks are really smallish, maybe only to handle 5-10 kg, while car shocks handle maybe 500 kg.

And the price is not too far off, about $60-$90 per car shocks.

But will require some experimentation to fit in.

Supercharged

Car shock absorber might actually be a good idea, since no one ever try it.

Washing machine shocks are really smallish, maybe only to handle 5-10 kg, while car shocks handle maybe 500 kg.

And the price is not too far off, about $60-$90 per car shocks.

But will require some experimentation to fit in.

He says bout 120 but I don't know is it each and how many shocks inside..

And car shock sure can handle but open up to see is something I don't want to risk... Don't know got some sensor or what inside anot.. Unless I prepare to replace it...

Edited by Xers007

interesting, may open up and see whether possible to DIY. Thanks for the tips [:)]

Post warranty just get a new one lar unless got some sentimental value tied to it.

new ones usually better power savings, more fanciful wash cycles, etc.

My Whirlpool died after about 15 yrs. [thumbsup]

Then boight a Stratten only lasted abt 2 years. [thumbsdown]

Now just got an Elba.

Hope the Elba as good as the Whirlpool. [nod]

Just got myself a Bosch front load washer. They are having promotion. Got it at $1549 at Best Denki. I think usual price is $1999. Hope it can last me another 10 years. Banking on German technology after my Samsung washer/dryer died on me after only 2.5 years.

Just got myself a Bosch front load washer. They are having promotion. Got it at $1549 at Best Denki. I think usual price is $1999. Hope it can last me another 10 years. Banking on German technology after my Samsung washer/dryer died on me after only 2.5 years.

If its still made in Germany then it sud b damm solid. [thumbsup]

I always check the Country its made in b4 buying. I also prefer Germany, Italy or good European country.

China is out for sure. [shakehead]

If its still made in Germany then it sud b damm solid. [thumbsup]

I always check the Country its made in b4 buying. I also prefer Germany, Italy or good European country.

China is out for sure. [shakehead]

Nowadays, most of the brands out there assemble the parts in China to lower the cost. Even the Korean brands who use to assemble their products in their homeland have assembly plants overseas like in Thailand or China. You pay peanuts you get monkey...

Nowadays, most of the brands out there assemble the parts in China to lower the cost. Even the Korean brands who use to assemble their products in their homeland have assembly plants overseas like in Thailand or China. You pay peanuts you get monkey...

Exactly. In the 'olden; day, German brand or Jap brand = solid. Nowadays, most are outsourced or OEM. Big brands is no more pao jiak. As such, you may pay an arm/leg but still bring home a monkey.

Read my previous post and you'll find out why I'd never buy a Bosch again, unless you have deep pockets to keep paying for repair...even if it's made in Germany.

Edited by Kb27
↡ Advertisement