Washing machine repair

Hamburger

Read my previous post and you'll find out why I'd never buy a Bosch again, unless you have deep pockets to keep paying for repair...even if it's made in Germany.

aiya....people but liao. Finger crossed.

Contrary to his experience, my kimchi SS worked more than 5 yrs until a PCB needed to be changed.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Read my previous post and you'll find out why I'd never buy a Bosch again, unless you have deep pockets to keep paying for repair...even if it's made in Germany.

My sis is using Bosch washer and its more than 5 years and still going strong. No issues whatsoever. Maybe you got a lemon set. But I think the main problem nowadays is the washing machine rotor is not heavy duty. It adheres strictly to load wash. If you exceed that weight limit regularly, then that's where the problem starts. And one problem will lead to another. I hope I won't encounter any bad experience with this machine of mine. One more thing the salesman told me is that, there are Bosch sets which is made in China (below $1k), sets with parts from Germany but assembled in China and also total German production. Need to ask which is which.

I was looking for the LG hybrid version as you said which sits at an angle (half front, half top) but couldn't find any hybrid models as mentioned . That's when I decided to settle on this particular Bosch model because he did a demonstration in front of me where I can stop the washing machine anytime during wash or spin, to add in or take out more clothes, which I don't think any other model has this feature for front load.

aiya....people but liao. Finger crossed.

Contrary to his experience, my kimchi SS worked more than 5 yrs until a PCB needed to be changed.

For front load wash, actually you have to make sure the top of your washing machine is dry at all times because the pcb board is right on top. The installer recommended me to look for a washing machine cover to protect it from the sun and rain as my washing machine is placed at my service balcony.

Will not buy a Samsung again. Bought one $1k+ died within 3 years.

LG?

nowadays lg products are quite chio. Look at their hp and led tv etc.....not bad sia

Will not buy a Samsung again. Bought one $1k+ died within 3 years.

Same sentiments. Expensive depreciation per year considering it cost me 1.2k for 2.5 years of service. I think Samsung are not cut out to be in this field. They better stick to their TV. But my other sister's LG washer/dryer still going strong after 6 years and only one minor repair. The reason why I bought the Samsung which died on me, is because I thought Samsung is more premium than LG, based on their TV line. Little did I know that for washing machine its the opposite.

• Praise 1

My sis is using Bosch washer and its more than 5 years and still going strong. No issues whatsoever. Maybe you got a lemon set. But I think the main problem nowadays is the washing machine rotor is not heavy duty. It adheres strictly to load wash. If you exceed that weight limit regularly, then that's where the problem starts. And one problem will lead to another. I hope I won't encounter any bad experience with this machine of mine.

I'm not sure what qualifies as a lemon.

I've changed the same parts, the shock absorbers a couple of times.

They always died and the machine will jump up and down during the spin cycle.

Otherwise, the machine works. It's only the shocks problem.

If you have to keep changing shocks every 2 yrs, it gets pretty expensive to keep going.

• Praise 1

Nowadays, most of the brands out there assemble the parts in China to lower the cost. Even the Korean brands who use to assemble their products in their homeland have assembly plants overseas like in Thailand or China. You pay peanuts you get monkey...

Thats why I always check throughly with salesman n on line if the model I going to buy is MIC or has parts from China.

If yes, then I dun buy.

usually European made is OK.

If made in Thai, Msia, Vietnam etc very possible got China parts inside. [thumbsdown]

Same sentiments. Expensive depreciation per year considering it cost me 1.2k for 2.5 years of service. I think Samsung are not cut out to be in this field. They better stick to their TV. But my other sister's LG washer/dryer still going strong after 6 years and only one minor repair. The reason why I bought the Samsung which died on me, is because I thought Samsung is more premium than LG, based on their TV line. Little did I know that for washing machine its the opposite.

Now I think as in most products.......The weak link is China. Anything made, assembled, or has parts from China wil not last.

I try my best to avoid anything that has any connection with China. [nod]

I'm not sure what qualifies as a lemon.

I've changed the same parts, the shock absorbers a couple of times.

They always died and the machine will jump up and down during the spin cycle.

Otherwise, the machine works. It's only the shocks problem.

If you have to keep changing shocks every 2 yrs, it gets pretty expensive to keep going.

I guess not just the repair cost, but also the inconvenience of having to get the repair man....down time for the washing m/c.

• Praise 4

Now I think as in most products.......The weak link is China. Anything made, assembled, or has parts from China wil not last.

I try my best to avoid anything that has any connection with China. [nod]

bro you carry what hp huh.... :D

Nokia???

[:p]

My Brandt is bout 4 years + b4 the disco dancing.. I think the load we put in must not exceed too much in weight.. My washer is 8kg one but most of the time I load it full... However almost 3 weeks the replacement stock absorber still no news yet...

Edited by Xers007

Nokia???

This question I was asked b4 . Hahahahahaha

Mine is Samsung. 100% Made in Korea.

I checked b4 I bought. [sly]

Nokia???

I is using Nokia E72. I old school 1. To be honest, i dont buy phones for myself. I use hand me downs. Be it from my oc or mum.

• Praise 1

walau......called Samsung for 2 pieces of dampers but they said its not for sale. Only can sent down their technicians to fix it. [:|]

anyone got lobang to buy OEM or something???

Seriously, I didn't know washing machine also can have shock absorbers !!! :huh:

Yeah, it looks like all the front loading machine is now using shock absorbers.

My old Electrolux does not. It used a concrete block/springs to stabilize it during high spin.

It doesn't need to replace shock absorbers every time it goes.

You spend extra money on shock absorbers every few years.

Edited by Kb27