Solar film JB

Fu11thr0tt1e

I paid $170 at Tinsy Cool to do full car. The rear screen really dark but my car is now 7 years old

and pass inspection 3 time already. So many Msia cars have wrapped and bubbled screens and I

wouldn't consider doing it in Msia. Also do in Msia might not pass inspection.

:D

↡ Advertisement

That is why i tell you cannot do in JB. Pay more in SG ,if fail inspection can complaint LTA lor. Mine do inJB,LL lor. JB workshop also say can approve , since is transparent type should be no issue. Now LL got to waste $$. Yes some people tell me Bona Vista not so Meow.

But Inspection ty only check the darkness of the tint.

If clear means no tint so that sure can pass. Maybe yr rear too dark cos ty give u 35% tint plus yr window glass alrdy has some tint so both add together alrdy exceed the max alloweed by LTA.

I failed my first inspection on the rear windows and rear screen by 5% as I was told. I tore them and went back again to pass the inspection. After leaving the centre, I pasted them back, a bit ugly. I went to JB to install the 3 pieces, telling to reduce by 5%.

When I went for the 2nd inspection, they passed!

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

I paid $170 at Tinsy Cool to do full car. The rear screen really dark but my car is now 7 years old

and pass inspection 3 time already. So many Msia cars have wrapped and bubbled screens and I

wouldn't consider doing it in Msia. Also do in Msia might not pass inspection.

Hi there, can you advise what package u took & what size yr car is? I am considering to patronize Tinsy cool too

[thumbsup]

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Hi there, can you advise what package u took & what size yr car is? I am considering to patronize Tinsy cool too

[thumbsup]

Poor man's package - whole car Getz $170

+ $10 to do the front screen top bit.

Very happy with this after 7 years.

No bubbles and no peeling.

I went ti JIC in Jurong and failed. Last inspection pass leh.. What shld I do now? I went JB tint they say can pass... Now failed with front 60% (minimum of 70%) and 18% (minimum 25%). Sian..

• Praise 1

honesty JB solar film sucks. did mine with them and they promise high UV and heat inssulation but product they use is as good as no help at all. i have contacts to a reputable solar film shop in SG . if you need PM me. all my car done by them

• Praise 1

I have installed solar films is JB and regretted it twice over the years!!!

Firstly, Malaysia import taxes for accessories are very high!! Sg dont have. Secondly, if accessories shops in JB use original or genuine films, nobody in Malaysia can afford them! After I sat in my friend car in Sg, I asked him what solar film it was because it was really cool after few hours of strong sunshine. He told me any of local original films used by Volvo, MB, BMW, VW, Toyota, Mazda, etc are good.

I was cheated twice, and now help others to avoid it. Install in Sg to save money and time (and heat stress)!

T&O Auto Car Accessories, 52A Jalan Kebun Teh, Johor Bahru, is run by a very tricky Conman who lied without shame. He said his products are latest when in fact, they are already more than 3 yrs old which he is trying to get rid. When questioned further, he would swear by his mother's grave or give his own guarantee for 3 yrs!

He is one big lying b**tard who cheat without shame! He uses "pressure tactics" such as quickly opening the product box and pressure you to buy - its opened!!! I was pressured to buy in-car camera and solar films both are useless after only few weeks!!! The sticker prices are very high and he can give 50% discount!!!

His technicians are inexperience and connected wrongly! I requested correction and his disgrunted exployees make matter worse! I had to go to another JB accessories shop to correct it and pay again!

After looking through this thread I'll probably do my installation in SG. Besides, considering the VEP fee + workshop carrot fee may some what equivalates to price in SG, factoring the workmanship and quality of the product.

Just to share, recently I contacted a workshop in Johor. They quoted me 650rm for Forester. They claim the spec is 99%uv and 75%ir... erm... up to you whether you want to believe it or not. In the end, i decided to install in SG as that price can get you at least the basic package in Singapore.

And 1 lesson learnt here: try not to use ur main email to email such shops as i immediately start getting huge amounts of spam emails after contacting them. Should had called them or use some secondary email add.

Neutral Newbie

Bro, I know this question is been here so long and I just want to share my experience. I just get my car tinted at U Tint Kulai. They are tinted shop in JB that providing various types of car window tint and I think you can try with them as well. Before you go there, I suggest you can check their tinting service rates on their website first and contact them.

Edited by jesytan

On 4/29/2023 at 12:04 PM, jesytan said:

Bro, I know this question is been here so long and I just want to share my experience. I just get my car tinted at U Tint Kulai. They are tinted shop in JB that providing various types of car window tint and I think you can try with them as well. Before you go there, I suggest you can check their tinting service rates on their website first and contact them.

Hello boss of U Tint Kulai! 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1