Support for PM Lee's stand against hackers

Carmour

PM Lee urges citizens to stand against hackers
16579478.JPG?itok=vmacMu45

Referring to the recent hacking incidents, which also affected Singapore’s government sites, he noted that the suspects have been arrested by the Police.

It is not a prank when someone hacks websites and intrudes into computer systems, but a criminal act, said Mr Lee.

He added that such acts inconvenience the public but also resulted in graver consequences which could endanger lives.

For instance, this will be a serious problem when hospital management systems are affected, he said.

Mr Lee told the audience that the courts will deal with culprits to the full extent of the law but also urged citizens to speak up against these actions and to stand against the culprits.

I raise up both hands and feet to support PM Lee in pushing for a strong deterrent sentence to those hackers that have been caught.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Recently there have been a few articles on how these guys have not actually "hacked" anything since they only managed to access/disrupt/deface individual webpages and not like they've managed to go deeper, get into databases and access/edit any real information or disrupt systems etc.

In the end all they do is make govt lose face and actually highlight security loopholes that have been overlooked and/or need to be plugged.

But that's one point of view, as opposed to the mainstream media's "hackers attack Singapore!" fear-mongering stance.

I'm taking it all with a pinch of salt but i'm not seeing how these "hackers" any done any real harm, as opposed to say the recent singtel exchange fire or other recent similar outages that actually caused disruptions in banking, hospitals etc

• Praise 3

Recently there have been a few articles on how these guys have not actually "hacked" anything since they only managed to access/disrupt/deface individual webpages and not like they've managed to go deeper, get into databases and access/edit any real information or disrupt systems etc.

In the end all they do is make govt lose face and actually highlight security loopholes that have been overlooked and/or need to be plugged.

But that's one point of view, as opposed to the mainstream media's "hackers attack Singapore!" fear-mongering stance.

I'm taking it all with a pinch of salt but i'm not seeing how these "hackers" any done any real harm, as opposed to say the recent singtel exchange fire or other recent similar outages that actually caused disruptions in banking, hospitals etc

pinky scare thes ppl hack into national reserve account and found out that there is nothing but zeros.... so must 殺一儆百

HANG DA MUTHER FARKER !!!

I don't see how the public is inconvenienced in this case [grin] anyone here inconvenienced? I think hack (shift add) MCF more jia lat !! :D

Edited by Othello
  • Praise 1

say until so jialat. hack into hospital file.

i doubt hackers are interested in that department.

hackers always want justice to be done.......not to the extend of harming anyone.

if hacker hack into those bank account of MIW, woww......that will be a eye opener.

Edited by Mcf777
  • Praise 1

I don't see how the public is inconvenienced in this case [grin] anyone here inconvenienced? I think hack (shift add) MCF more jia lat !! :D

Imagine a day where you cannot access the PMO or the Istana website or ... even worse... Sun Ho :o :o :o We are doomed -_-

• Praise 4

Imagine a day where you cannot access the PMO or the Istana website or ... even worse... Sun Ho :o :o :o We are doomed -_-

That will be bad....very bad.....cannot sleep.....cannot eat....fall sick.....cannot work properly.....

ha ha ha

Plus 5 for you, made me laugh.

On the other hand, I support that hacker should be deal with seriously.

we do not know what they will do, if they know they can get away with just a small slap on the wrist.

• Praise 1

PM want to take this chance to see how much sarpork he have is it..

Maybe he just want to agar agar his chance in 2016 lah!!

Just website deface only want Singaporean stand together sarpork... got use meh..

your white paper we stand together say no also no use...

• Praise 2

PM want to take this chance to see how much sarpork he have is it..

Maybe he just want to agar agar his chance in 2016 lah!!

Just website deface only want Singaporean stand together sarpork... got use meh..

your white paper we stand together say no also no use...

When MPs come to the estate everyone there also extend handshake and say suport. Go voting box draw on the wrong box .

• Praise 1

When MPs come to the estate everyone there also extend handshake and say suport. Go voting box draw on the wrong box .

hahaha.. "I thought your logo is that one! Alamak! wrong ar!!"

That will be bad....very bad.....cannot sleep.....cannot eat....fall sick.....cannot work properly.....

ha ha ha

Plus 5 for you, made me laugh.

On the other hand, I support that hacker should be deal with seriously.

we do not know what they will do, if they know they can get away with just a small slap on the wrist.

[laugh] [laugh] Thanks.

Anyway, I also support giving a big sentence to the hackers. Must set an example for the rest.

So what if hacker's hack into your personal accounts? Is there an issue there? I feel that so long it is an unauthorized intrusion or edit of something that doesn't belong to you, it's unethical and deserves to have some punishment. I would personally recommend a sentence that isn't too harsh though, considering the minimal extent of damage done.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1