2014 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

Carmour

Nice video. Still waiting for my c class (ordered during auto show). Does anyone know if there is a way to enable CarPlay on the c class audio 20?

If you did not paid for the option and spec it in, then you will need to consider whether it's worth it to void the warranty and get it installed at an external vendor like Elebest. If it's a PI unit then you can go ahead, cheers.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

If you did not paid for the option and spec it in, then you will need to consider whether it's worth it to void the warranty and get it installed at an external vendor like Elebest. If it's a PI unit then you can go ahead, cheers.

Is a PI unit's warranty different from CnC's?

Or ... there's no warranty when buying a PI unit?

• Praise 2

Is a PI unit's warranty different from CnC's?

Or ... there's no warranty when buying a PI unit?

I think you have to speak to a PI and see if it's worth your while bro.

There's a whole thread on in in the Japan talk section..  ^_^

CnC warranty: sleep soundly at night for 3 years

PI warranty: pray (to which ever higher entities you believe in) before you sleep, eat and on waking up daily.

items to pray for

Pray nothing major happens

Pray PI helps you with recalls

Pray PI workshop use original parts

Pray PI workshop honor the warranty agreement with the PI

Pray PI workshop don't blame your solar film installation for your leaking radiator

you will become pretty much "religious" even if you don't start off as one. :D

That said, if nothing happens in that 3 years, buy yourself a beer and pat yourself on the back for saving 15-20K. :D

(Disclaimer: read in jest. PI SEs stay away from my post because you all just don't get it.)

Edited by Vratenza
  • Praise 1

From my observations, PIs can save you some money.

But do compare the spec list.

Then put aside some money for warranty issues, reclaims etc

If the savings are less than 10k, then think again, as the adoption fee by C&C will kill your savings.

But having said that, plenty of happy PI buyers out there too, and you can mod your car from day 1  [laugh]

https://www.vehiclehistory.com/vehicle-recalls-template/mercedes-benz/c-class/2016

Click on the link and browse. After that think hard if CnC or PI is likely to get these safety recalls sorted out for you?

Even out of the 3 years warranty, the AD is obligated to rectify any recalls for cars they sold.

My lexus was recalled by BM for a check and fix for a fuel line issue when it is out of the AD warranty.

I discover the C Class have this brake creaking sound just before the car comes to a complete stop and right before the car moves off from stationary. Anyone notice that? According to the SE, it is normal due to the design/material of the braking mechanism.

Any owners changed their C Class factory rims or upgraded the rim size? 

• Praise 1

I discover the C Class have this brake creaking sound just before the car comes to a complete stop and right before the car moves off from stationary. Anyone notice that? According to the SE, it is normal due to the design/material of the braking mechanism.

Interested in the rim question as well! Always felt the sports rims could be a little better :)

• Praise 1

Dont worry at about 6000km the sound will be reduced and eventually go away.

Enjoy your ride.

Interested in the rim question as well! Always felt the sports rims could be a little better :)

I am also interested to know if anyone bought rims from C&C. There are a few nice rims shown in the brochure too. =)

I super like the AMG rim but wonder if makes the C180 heavier and sluggish.

Enjoy your ride.

Really? Speaking from experience i guess?

Because I test drove one @ C&C. The car has over 10k mileage and the creeking is quite loud.

I am looking at the amg sports rim as well. But was told it will cost about 1k per piece. Cos it's 18" vis a vis the factory default 17" rims. So quite a bummer. And CnC don't do trade in of rims and tyres Edited by tspec7
  • Praise 1

Enjoy your ride.

I have driven 1500km on my c180. The brake creeking sound will more or less go away once the brakes have warmed up, basically after u drive a certain distance on the expressway for example. In continuous start stop traffic, the creeking sound will be the loudest.

I am looking at the amg sports rim as well. But was told it will cost about 1k per piece. Cos it's 18" vis a vis the factory default 17" rims. So quite a bummer. And CnC don't do trade in of rims and tyres

Thanks ! Any brothers have recommendation of places that give fair price for trade in? Any idea what's the market price for new 17 inch c class rims?? Thank you all in advance!

Turbocharged

I hear something similar, though "creaking" is not the word I would use, with my not-Mercedes-Conti, but it only happens when the brakes are a little wet or not yet at operating temp.

But in your case, does your C-class have auto-holding brakes? Maybe you are hearing the mechanism.

Edited by 7hm
  • Praise 1

I have driven 1500km on my c180. The brake creeking sound will more or less go away once the brakes have warmed up, basically after u drive a certain distance on the expressway for example. In continuous start stop traffic, the creeking sound will be the loudest.

kinda agree! once a while i do hear the sounds thou....maybe the brakes r new and very sharp during braking lo...

yes loudest in jams esp....clearing customs is a pain!

Thanks ! Any brothers have recommendation of places that give fair price for trade in? Any idea what's the market price for new 17 inch c class rims?? Thank you all in advance!

yes anyone pls share? 

find the amg rims nice too! any other brands to recommend for c class? enkei looks nice on car?

17inch wif low profile tyres will do...18inch seems too big! 

• Praise 1

I hear something similar, though "creaking" is not the word I would use, with my not-Mercedes-Conti, but it only happens when the brakes are a little wet or not yet at operating temp.

But in your case, does your C-class have auto-holding brakes? Maybe you are hearing the mechanism.

All c-class comes with auto hold right?

I tried not to engage the auto hold but the creaking still can be heard.

I am looking at the amg sports rim as well. But was told it will cost about 1k per piece. Cos it's 18" vis a vis the factory default 17" rims. So quite a bummer. And CnC don't do trade in of rims and tyres

The amg rims looks super nice. But I wonder if the 18 inch will cause the c180 to be a little underpower.

1K per piece? Goodness... are there any stockist that can bring in the rims?

The amg rims looks super nice. But I wonder if the 18 inch will cause the c180 to be a little underpower.

Original AMG can get from Benz line,no worries,18" Rims won't blunt the performance alot...

about $ 1,600- $1,900 per pcs at C&C, want to change . change to 18", 19", no meaning using same 17" just for good look.

18" look good and handing well and still little comfort , 19" very very good looking, very very good handing, but comfort gone....... and 20", I think no suitable for C class.

Edited by LIMHH
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1