2014 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

Carmour

The nano is part of your freebies package, so you can either ask your SE to do it before collection or you can arrange to do it after through the MB app. Best to do it asap when your paintwork is still pristine

Thanks for the info 

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

bros, usually after how long do we then replace the car key batteries with new ones? pls share your experience or advices thank you.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Sorry, I will let other religious type advice you on that.

You wouldn't ask a vegetarian (@sp4wn) where to go for best ribeye steak in Singapore will you? :D

Dun get me wrong. Last time i owned a MB, the aftersales experience wasn't much to write home about. Tho it didn't make me 'religious', the premium C&C charges for its very basic, SOP service makes we wonder if one is better off saving $15k-20k and buying from a reputable MB PI instead.

Servicing for me is fast n fast out best.

I don't really need 5star concierge type of service for myself. For my car, these are the stuff I expect from a reputable AD:

I just want the service centre to be familiar and have the proprietary diagnostic equipment with the car they are tasked to service or troubleshoot.

Professional recommendations for parts I "need" or "consider" to change.

Responsible and take charge when there are recalls issued.

Reputable MB PI (if there was s such a thing) usually outsource their warranty and servicing. Even if they have their own in house workshop. Consider how many marque they have in their sale list and that is how many Brand’s they have to have expertise in, not mentioning the various proprietary diagnostic equipment they have to invest in. Jack of all trades comes to mind.

Recalls issued, AD notified, AD start to call in affected owners to arrange for check or replacement.

Recalls issued, no one inform PI because their cars are obtained from a 3rd party dealer in U.K., HK? Eventually some sharp owners got wind of a recall, checked the vin against the online list, start to hound the PI, got directed to workshop, workshop bounce the email around, check with the underwriter if can claim, claim approved, order replacement parts, take weeks before parts arrive, change recalled parts.

That is a if the workshop don't push the responsibility around in the first place.

And also if you managed to get the keys to your car without a period of stress that you might be left hanging if the PI decides to fly into the night with your deposits.

15-20k savings? Thanks but no thanks.

That is my personal opinion. Should not in anyway affect your final decision.

If you baulk at CnC charges, try Borneo Motors for their Lexus arm.

Dun get me wrong. Last time i owned a MB, the aftersales experience wasn't much to write home about. Tho it didn't make me 'religious', the premium C&C charges for its very basic, SOP service makes we wonder if one is better off saving $15k-20k and buying from a reputable MB PI instead.

Servicing for me is fast n fast out best.

I don't really need 5star concierge type of service for myself. For my car, these are the stuff I expect from a reputable AD:

I just want the service centre to be familiar and have the proprietary diagnostic equipment with the car they are tasked to service or troubleshoot.

Professional recommendations for parts I "need" or "consider" to change.

Responsible and take charge when there are recalls issued.

Reputable MB PI (if there was s such a thing) usually outsource their warranty and servicing. Even if they have their own in house workshop. Consider how many marque they have in their sale list and that is how many Brandâs they have to have expertise in, not mentioning the various proprietary diagnostic equipment they have to invest in. Jack of all trades comes to mind.

Recalls issued, AD notified, AD start to call in affected owners to arrange for check or replacement.

Recalls issued, no one inform PI because their cars are obtained from a 3rd party dealer in U.K., HK? Eventually some sharp owners got wind of a recall, checked the vin against the online list, start to hound the PI, got directed to workshop, workshop bounce the email around, check with the underwriter if can claim, claim approved, order replacement parts, take weeks before parts arrive, change recalled parts.

That is a if the workshop don't push the responsibility around in the first place.

And also if you managed to get the keys to your car without a period of stress that you might be left hanging if the PI decides to fly into the night with your deposits.

15-20k savings? Thanks but no thanks.

That is my personal opinion. Should not in anyway affect your final decision.

If you baulk at CnC charges, try Borneo Motors for their Lexus arm.

Lexus normal 10k service interval is $400+, 20k service interval at $600+. Exclude lubricant change (any except engine oil which is included) some more.

How about Merc and BMW, Audi etc?

With regards whether to save 15-20k from buying from PI.

If you really do your sums the figure is closer to 10k because of the frills thrown in by C&C. So itz only one grand savings a year.

In any case the dealers will also low ball a PI unit more than a authorized agent unit. Hard to rationalize getting from PI.

I can bang table at C&C if things cock up. Can do that at PI? More likely you kenna bang.

Edited by Piyopico
  • Praise 1

With regards whether to save 15-20k from buying from PI.

If you really do your sums the figure is closer to 10k because of the frills thrown in by C&C. So itz only one grand savings a year.

In any case the dealers will also low ball a PI unit more than a authorized agent unit. Hard to rationalize getting from PI.

I can bang table at C&C if things cock up. Can do that at PI? More likely you kenna bang.

Collecting car in 2 weeks time! anyone else bought in Dec waiting for collection? Excitedly waiting!

Booked in Dec and just got my ride this week. All I can say that it is worth the wait!  Possibly, my expectations quite low when compared to experience of collecting my previous beemer where to say the delivery process was a letdown is an understatement.  I think merc puts in quite a bit of effort in the little touches which makes you, the new owner, feel quite good. According to my SE they have improved the freebies included with the backpack, with a nice gift box that includes a bunch of Mercedes branded items. The items are standard and that is what I like. It should not vary too much for new owners. I think merc is smart to keep it standardized so that owners don't compare and find there is a wide gap between their welcome gifts.

I find the amount of electronics challenging to pick up and understand!  Will be spending the next few weeks going through the manual. Will also take some time to get used to the gear stick on the steering.  Already made a few mistakes on that front! [blush] 

The car handling and ride has been excellent. Fortunately, no screeching noises when braking.  Noise insulation is superb. The nano sealant, solar film and front and back cameras were already completed as requested.

Bottomline - I am very glad I made the decision to go for this baby. [:p] 

For therock, I think you know this already but all your servicing records will be on the MyMB app.  Thanks for all your advise on what to look out for during delivery!

Little things: I was surprised that merc advises that you rotate your tires every 5000km.  Apparently these tyres are quite soft.

Also, my SE recommended that I pump 98 despite the 95 minimum indicated on my tank cover. 

All in all, it's worth the wait, bro!

Booked in Dec and just got my ride this week. All I can say that it is worth the wait!  Possibly, my expectations quite low when compared to experience of collecting my previous beemer where to say the delivery process was a letdown is an understatement.  I think merc puts in quite a bit of effort in the little touches which makes you, the new owner, feel quite good. According to my SE they have improved the freebies included with the backpack, with a nice gift box that includes a bunch of Mercedes branded items. The items are standard and that is what I like. It should not vary too much for new owners. I think merc is smart to keep it standardized so that owners don't compare and find there is a wide gap between their welcome gifts.

I find the amount of electronics challenging to pick up and understand!  Will be spending the next few weeks going through the manual. Will also take some time to get used to the gear stick on the steering.  Already made a few mistakes on that front! [blush] 

The car handling and ride has been excellent. Fortunately, no screeching noises when braking.  Noise insulation is superb. The nano sealant, solar film and front and back cameras were already completed as requested.

For therock, I think you know this already but all your servicing records will be on the MyMB app.  Thanks for all your advise on what to look out for during delivery!

Little things: I was surprised that merc advises that you rotate your tires every 5000km.  Apparently these tyres are quite soft.

Also, my SE recommended that I pump 98 despite the 95 minimum indicated on my tank cover. 

wow congrats!!!! yes the welcome pack is pretty the same ...standard package!!!! 

the service is good imho! just tt no MB pen in the package...can get from the gift shop ....nice n cheap le...

alot of electronics n sensors....same sense here....

ya was told to rotate the tyres @5k km. just drive into service centre n do it! top up nitrogen gas too....think the tyres r soft n heavy...maybe will change them out to lower profile ones once used up. 

oh 98 ah? any reason? my SE told me 95 more than enuff lo...anw I alternate bet 95 n 98..so far FC has been good! hows yours?

Neutral Newbie

Booked in Dec and just got my ride this week. All I can say that it is worth the wait! Possibly, my expectations quite low when compared to experience of collecting my previous beemer where to say the delivery process was a letdown is an understatement. I think merc puts in quite a bit of effort in the little touches which makes you, the new owner, feel quite good. According to my SE they have improved the freebies included with the backpack, with a nice gift box that includes a bunch of Mercedes branded items. The items are standard and that is what I like. It should not vary too much for new owners. I think merc is smart to keep it standardized so that owners don't compare and find there is a wide gap between their welcome gifts.

I find the amount of electronics challenging to pick up and understand! Will be spending the next few weeks going through the manual. Will also take some time to get used to the gear stick on the steering. Already made a few mistakes on that front! [blush]

The car handling and ride has been excellent. Fortunately, no screeching noises when braking. Noise insulation is superb. The nano sealant, solar film and front and back cameras were already completed as requested.

For therock, I think you know this already but all your servicing records will be on the MyMB app. Thanks for all your advise on what to look out for during delivery!

Little things: I was surprised that merc advises that you rotate your tires every 5000km. Apparently these tyres are quite soft.

Also, my SE recommended that I pump 98 despite the 95 minimum indicated on my tank cover.

Congrats! How long did you wait for the car? 3 months in total? I ordered mine during the auto show, so trying to work out the delivery date ;p.

Edited by Daofoo

...oh 98 ah? any reason? my SE told me 95 more than enuff lo...anw I alternate bet 95 n 98..so far FC has been good! hows yours?

Something about 95 in Europe being different from 95 here. I presume Europe standard is higher so better for engine. Need to do some research on this.  Too soon to say on FC. Previous ride was a 2litre so I am sure it will be much better than that!

Edited by Halo

Hi just to check the front and back camera (if included) would it usually be installed prior to collection ?

Yes. But do follow up on solar film and nano sealant. My SE asked if I wanted top part of my windshield to have solar film and I said yes. Looks like if you don't tell them they may not put that in for you. Also, good idea to ensure that the nano sealant is done before they deliver the car to you to lock in the paintwork. My SE was very insistent on that. Otherwise, you have to send the car down another day not to mention something getting into your paintwork before they can apply the sealant. 

↡ Advertisement