2014 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

Carmour

try this. stuck in traffic/jam, just switch to eco/normal mode.

out of the traffic switch back to sports/sport+

this way your sports/sports+ algorithm will not have chance to adapt to your jam/heavy traffic type of driving.

Why not juz slam throttle immediately out of traffic?

I duno why pple keep sayin its the drivin style

My last car was >240bhp , this is a 1.6T on 155bhp

I subconciously realised recently i m red Zoning very offen maybe because i m too used to my prev car

Yet the car still feel powerless in evenings

Mornin i still can accept, as mention sometimes i can wheelspin

I feel its more due to heat dissipation design shortfall

I realised w205 intercooler is flat down in the engine bay

I wonder why you switch to a 155bhp car that weights 1.5 ton.

:XD:

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

Got a 3pointed star, can hao Lian.
  • Praise 2

Dunnoe.....I have no problems with my 9G-tronic. I will just step in harder out of the traffic and it will accelerate as I wish.

Must say 9G-tronic with 2.0T is much smoother and adapts better then my previous W204 7G-tronic mated to 3.5V6.

Dunnoe.....I have no problems with my 9G-tronic. I will just step in harder out of the traffic and it will accelerate as I wish.

Must say 9G-tronic with 2.0T is much smoother and adapts better then my previous W204 7G-tronic mated to 3.5V6.

Of course smoother with closer ratio.

Supercharged

I subconciously realised recently i m red Zoning very offen maybe because i m too used to my prev car

If u always date a girl with F cup, even a D cup seems Unsatisfactory......

My FC is 11.2L/100 km. On the 2 liter engine 7G. You can see from my FC that I dun have your type of problem.

Time to mod. Girls do it too.

Turbocharged
(edited)

Didnt happen on mine

It eventually will drop gear but maybe 3-4 sec later

But dun feel boost

Was just told recently similar thing about W204. That it takes a few seconds to respond to drop down and give you the ponies...

But when you come from 110hp or something like that

Now cannot red zone anymore 

you might feel like it's a mistake 

Edited by 7hm

Nothin to do with the logo

Test drive time was ok, maybe i tested in the morning

If u always date a girl with F cup, even a D cup seems Unsatisfactory......

My FC is 11.2L/100 km. On the 2 liter engine 7G. You can see from my FC that I dun have your type of problem.

Time to mod. Girls do it too.

ð

I had ard same fc as u

On hindsight shld hv gotta the 2litre but again on paper its only 1 sec faster

Power is subjective

• Praise 1

But on paper already your new car lose to your old car in terms of bhp, what more in real world conditions. Wondering why do you think it will drive faster whether morning or evening. Yes, ambient heat can affect the car's performance, but not so drastically. Maybe you might want to consider the C300 or C43 instead.
  • Praise 1

Technically speaking, the phenomenon of heat soak is most prominent in engine-top mouted intercoolers like that of the subaru rex/evos. 

Hot air rises. So heat dissipation is not an issue with front mounted intercoolers be it mounted low or high. 

With oodles of BHP/torque from your previous car, the difference in morning/evening air density translating to varying power output is minimal and almost negligible. While your 155bhp highly stressed TC 1.6 will show up these differences in air density prominently.

3-4 sec before downshift? Very unusual even in Eco mode. Better to take in to C&C for diagnosis.

But on paper already your new car lose to your old car in terms of bhp, what more in real world conditions. Wondering why do you think it will drive faster whether morning or evening. Yes, ambient heat can affect the car's performance, but not so drastically. Maybe you might want to consider the C300 or C43 instead.

I am not comparin with my old car

I know its a diff car

I am comparing mornin n evening

Yes its very drastic

Technically speaking, the phenomenon of heat soak is most prominent in engine-top mouted intercoolers like that of the subaru rex/evos.

Hot air rises. So heat dissipation is not an issue with front mounted intercoolers be it mounted low or high.

With oodles of BHP/torque from your previous car, the difference in morning/evening air density translating to varying power output is minimal and almost negligible. While your 155bhp highly stressed TC 1.6 will show up these differences in air density prominently.

3-4 sec before downshift? Very unusual even in Eco mode. Better to take in to C&C for diagnosis.

Off all comments urs makes the most sense

With tegards to workshop

Their fav reply is cannot replicate leh

I suggest you book an appt (towards end of day) for a senior mechanic to sit in with you so that you can demonstrate what you are bothered about.

Also at the same time request for a test drive of a current test drive model (same engine/tune) just after that to show him that it is not the same.

I am not comparin with my old car

I know its a diff car

I am comparing mornin n evening

Yes its very drastic
Off all comments urs makes the most sense

With tegards to workshop

Their fav reply is cannot replicate leh

Nothin to do with the logo

Test drive time was ok, maybe i tested in the morning

I had ard same fc as u

On hindsight shld hv gotta the 2litre but again on paper its only 1 sec faster

Power is subjective

1 sec is a lot. It's many many lamp posts away

I suggest you book an appt (towards end of day) for a senior mechanic to sit in with you so that you can demonstrate what you are bothered about.

Also at the same time request for a test drive of a current test drive model (same engine/tune) just after that to show him that it is not the same.

Yep, they have these technicians who will take a ride with you.

Or take a video and show them the issue. Helps them understand too. Cheers

Software update before end of warranty ? Current version number? What else to check ?

Hello,

Do you know what is the current w205 Benz software and if it is useful to update it before end of warranty or if they update it for free anytime later ?
What is the current version ? How to know it ?

And do you know what else should be checked on the car before the end of warranty ?

Thank you so much.

Hi All

Need help here. Today, while i was getting out from the underground car park at the shopping centre, i kept too close to the right and i accidentally scratched the door and the rear side panel of my C180 (W205). My car colour is the Designo Red, anyone with experience able to estimate the repair costs at C&C? and the estimated down time? I was trying to get an appointment on the appt and the earliest date available was two weeks later.

Next, separately, i notice that the car bonnet, part in the centre portion which can only be seen from the interior of the car there was a small portion that looked there was no paint. I think this is a manufacturing problem, anyone else has this problem.

Anyway all in all car is only 4 months old, very very gek sim. Please do advice.

Thanks all

Regards 

Hi All

Need help here. Today, while i was getting out from the underground car park at the shopping centre, i kept too close to the right and i accidentally scratched the door and the rear side panel of my C180 (W205). My car colour is the Designo Red, anyone with experience able to estimate the repair costs at C&C? and the estimated down time? I was trying to get an appointment on the appt and the earliest date available was two weeks later.

Next, separately, i notice that the car bonnet, part in the centre portion which can only be seen from the interior of the car there was a small portion that looked there was no paint. I think this is a manufacturing problem, anyone else has this problem.

Anyway all in all car is only 4 months old, very very gek sim. Please do advice.

Thanks all

Regards

I had send in my C180 in 2 months back to repair the front bumper due to scratch by another car and claim his insurance, suppose to just respray but end up changed the whole thing which cost $3200,

For bonnet and side panel, probably it will wipe off all your service credit and to respray the bonnect, outside workshop only quote between $150-$200, my fren just did his 2 months old Harrier and it's been perfectly done.

↡ Advertisement