2014 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

Carmour

Anyone who has been to the MB showroom at Alexandra that the A,B & C class display is separated from the E class and above.

The A,B & C class targets buyers who would otherwise have got a Japanese, Korean  makes or bread and butter German makes like VW.

The C Class and CLA class are assembled in South Africa and Hungary respectively.  

The golden goose is in the E class and above segment, hence not surprising that there is lesser after sales  emphasis on the bread and butter C Class and below.

Edited by Vinceng

Dear All,

I posted in Sgmerc but did not get any useful response and thus see if any of the brudders currently driving W205 C180 is having the same issues as mine. Just gotten my ride around 2weeks ago. 

The below is what my service advisor have told me

1) Brake Noise - Especially when reversing and moving at slow speed, when applied brakes to regulate the speed, there loud noises from the rubber pads; kinda of rubbing sound which are very intrusive. SA told me told me it is a common issue for C180 due to a smaller floating brakes in C180 and even if it is seasoned, it would still have this noise. I was like, huh...........come on, it is a merc for goodness sake and to have this type of brake rubbing sound is like driving an very old car. He mentioned, it is only affecting the C180 and not the AMG and C200 onwards lines, as their brakes calipers are solid type. 

2) External blurred windscreen - As all knows, now is rainy season, I expect my brand new wipers to perform a perfect job of giving clear vision, however I have experienced that under heavy rainfalls; the water would just spatter onto my windscreen right after the wipers have swipe pass without giving me a perfect clear vision for even a second . Again Service Advisor have said under heavy rain drive slowly, when there heavy rain falls which in the first place, I am not driving super fast.

He recommend ceramic coating to helps with the water repellency. But my rationale is this necessary is the first place for a brand new car. I been a driver of a few cars but never experience this type of issue with a brand new wipers. PIAA wipers I must said is the best. Just want to check if this a common issue for a new windscreen from a Merc? Too new until there a static attraction with water? 

Not trying to pour cold water, but QC and built quality in the lower range  Mercedes Benz don’t give me much confidence. You might better off in a VW Passat or Toyota Camry, Mazda 6 and take the $50K savings for more worthy use.

You are basically just paying for snob appeal in the brand. If the C Class comes with a Seat badge, I doubt it can sell a single unit at that price.

Edited by Vinceng
  • Praise 1

Anyone who has been to the MB showroom at Alexandra that the A,B & C class display is separated from the E class and above.

The A,B & C class targets buyers who would otherwise have got a Japanese, Korean makes or bread and butter German makes like VW.

The C Class and CLA class are assembled in South Africa and Hungary respectively.

The golden goose is in the E class and above segment, hence not surprising that there is lesser after sales emphasis on the bread and butter C Class and below.

For A & CLA, A45/CLA45 is different customer segment.

For C, C43/C53/C63 is different customer segment.

Might better service than E200.

Really? When I went 2 weeks ago, on the ground floor was displayed the S class when you go in the door, to the left of the main entrance was the C and the E. Just behind the S class was the CLA and A. On the first floor, the GLC, E and GLA were displayed on the right side of the elevator, so all were together. On the left side of the elevator was the GLC and E coupe. 

But then again, things may have changed.....

• Praise 1

The A,B & C class targets buyers who would otherwise have got a Japanese, Korean makes or bread and butter German makes like VW.

The golden goose is in the E class and above segment, hence not surprising that there is lesser after sales emphasis on the bread and butter C Class and below.

This is called market segmentation. If not done properly, customers of the lower class will not get the treatment that the e class above gets

Just did servicing this morning...now my entry level B&B C Klasse is smoooth as KY [flowerface]

Yep. It's just an entry level model to the service dept
  • Praise 1