2014 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

Carmour

possible if on Eco mode.....but then I have not even used that mode ever.... :D

You sure the Car in 9th Gear @ 100Km/h.?,Many E200 Owners complained only can hit 8th Gear...

↡ Advertisement

Just collected my ride last week. Great to see the car hit 9G once ard 100km/h.

Need to check the following with fellow owners:

- What Treble, Bass and Mid numbers do you all set for radio and media files? I just cannot set a suitable combination. Anyone can share their settings as reference?

- Do you all feel the heat in the cabin after parking & returning to your car in a sheltered parking?

- Do you all turn off the aircon before switching off the engine?

No need switch off air con & media player.  ECU will cut-off both before engine startup

No need switch off air con & media player.  ECU will cut-off both before engine startup

Any issue on load? Coz I also find it more convenient not to switch off aircon and media player, but my friends all tell me to switch off as there will be excessive load (whatever that means).

in this day and age, when you start your engine, your music comes on full blast in an instance or gradually raise from zero decibel to your previously set volume?

Am not electrical engineer but there are purpose for capacitors, resistors, boot up algorithms to manage such 1960s' worries about electrical load in modern cars.

it's just like going to a tree in the rural area and say excuse me before you pee on it......well meaning advices but what is the logic and proof?

Any issue on load? Coz I also find it more convenient not to switch off aircon and media player, but my friends all tell me to switch off as there will be excessive load (whatever that means).

Tell your fren to get themselves updated.  ECU will manage the load

No aircon auto mode for me, it's plain stupid.

No need to stop anything before engine stop also, this is a Benz, engineers have been thinking about all these things to make your life easier.

The only reason to stop aircon but blow air few minutes before stopping the car is to dry the ventilation and reduce mould + bacteria.

No aircon auto mode for me, it's plain stupid.

No need to stop anything before engine stop also, this is a Benz, engineers have been thinking about all these things to make your life easier.

The only reason to stop aircon but blow air few minutes before stopping the car is to dry the ventilation and reduce mould + bacteria.

Why is the auto air con stupid?

Just collected my ride last week. Great to see the car hit 9G once ard 100km/h.

Need to check the following with fellow owners:

- What Treble, Bass and Mid numbers do you all set for radio and media files? I just cannot set a suitable combination. Anyone can share their settings as reference?

- Do you all feel the heat in the cabin after parking & returning to your car in a sheltered parking?

- Do you all turn off the aircon before switching off the engine?

Hi guys, I have a Match amp with all the cable meant for CClass that I remove from my car after 1 yr as change to SUV . This amp will improved yr sound quality by a lot . If keen I can be reach at 82220634, thanks

Yes... I can vouch for that. Above hundred will go to 9th gear. 110kph at 1600rpm.

Actually 9 Speed Gearbox is useless in S'pore Traffic,the Gears keep on "hunting" for ratio,even in city driving,i think the main purpose of making this gearbox is for Emission purpose,so that it  can use less fuel,hence lower CO2.

Actually 9 Speed Gearbox is useless in S'pore Traffic,the Gears keep on "hunting" for ratio,even in city driving,i think the main purpose of making this gearbox is for Emission purpose,so that it can use less fuel,hence lower CO2.

Use less fuel is useless?

Actually 9 Speed Gearbox is useless in S'pore Traffic,the Gears keep on "hunting" for ratio,even in city driving,i think the main purpose of making this gearbox is for Emission purpose,so that it can use less fuel,hence lower CO2.

Actually not sure if you are talking about the same 9gtronic i have in my own car. A few points:

- yes, seldom see 9th gear in our traffic condition. 9 gears are designed primarily with autobahns in mind. I find it funny why some will complain about this at all...apparently they don't really understand the workings of an AT. Having ESP/ABS means must trigger every time driving the car?

- you need to look beyond the 9th gear it self. Look at what 9 gears means technically. To me, 9th gear allows the final gear ratio to be pushed further for better cruising capability. What it also does is to allow the intergear ratios (between 1 to 2, 2 to 3, 3 to 4 and so on) to be narrower. Which will have less shift shock between each gear change.

- the 9gtronic is one of the better transmission I have driven. The NVH will not lose to my CVT GS450h. Gear changes are imperceptible...the only time you realise the gear has changed is when you rpm suddenly drops or raises. This is helped in no small part by the closer intergear ratio mentioned earlier.

- i have not experienced gear hunting as what you have said. The AT programming is pretty impressive in getting the right gear for a particular speed and accelerator pressure. If I want to drive more enthusiastically, there is always the sports and sports+ mode to change to. Paddle shifting will give you even more control over the gear selection.

Maybe the ample torque of 350nm coming in at 1200rpm flat all the way to 4000rpm helped the 9gtronic to perform at it's optimum. I can see why lower torqued engine variants might cause gear selection problems when the perceived acceleration is not adequate leading to need to presss the accelerator further causing the AT to drop a further 1 gear.

Edited by Vratenza

Agree. I switched from CLA DCT7 to W205 9G and its totally smooth like butter and better overall drive.

Yours is C180 or the C200 variant?

↡ Advertisement