2014 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

Carmour

C200

I think 9G works best for C200 and above, I am not sure if it does for C180 as it is a small engine with a smaller torque.

Any C180 9G owners to comment?

I just collected my ride recently.

I am pretty sure the 9G C180 performs better than the 7G one plus the weight reduction. The gear shift is pretty seamless.

Most of the time when I am cruising on the highway I can hit 8G and 9G occasionally.

having owned this car for almost 8 months, i think i can give a more comprehensive review:

- i haven't had to top up the oil at all. i recall my bmw 3 series had to top up oil after 3 or 4 months of owning it brand new.

- quite a smooth and stable drive

- the digital clock is not accurate. i can set it and a few days later it will start to slow down by a few minutes and get slower and slower. i think this is a software issue.

- still don't like the fact that the internal aircon circulation cannot be overrided

having owned this car for almost 8 months, i think i can give a more comprehensive review:

- i haven't had to top up the oil at all. i recall my bmw 3 series had to top up oil after 3 or 4 months of owning it brand new.

- the digital clock is not accurate. i can set it and a few days later it will start to slow down by a few minutes and get slower and slower. i think this is a software issue.

- still don't like the fact that the internal aircon circulation cannot be overrided

What temperature did you set your aircon at?

My friend drives another car, at 24 degrees the external circulation kicks in but at lower temps it's always in internal recirculation mode. Strange

Mine is usually between 23 to 25. By default its open circulation. I close the circulation... after a while, it becomes open automatically.

Yeah the clock is annoying... it slows down shortly after adjusting.

Edited by Blueodyssey

My friend drives another car, at 24 degrees the external circulation kicks in but at lower temps it's always in internal recirculation mode. Strange

22-24 degrees

Mine is usually between 23 to 25. By default its open circulation. I close the circulation... after a while, it becomes open automatically.

Yeah the clock is annoying... it slows down shortly after adjusting.

yah the clock damn irritating. one would think in this digital age, we wouldn't see such issues.

I have the same problem on my glc. Had it checked by C&C, was told it is a well known problem over a few models. No software update available yet. Was told to wait till my 1st servicing (another 10K  to go) and see if there is any software update. [:/]

You know, these small but annoying issues me more inclined to keep buying from the AD.

I wonder what recourse buyers from PIs have?

I doubt if they keep spare, and those 'service warranties' with external workshops are unlikely to cover this rattles, software and other such issues..

Change a brake pad or engine oil? Possible, but I wonder how effective are PIs at trouble shooting?

Likely to be see who got more stamina.

Step 1: Bring back 1st time, wayang wayang 'fix'.

Step 2: Problem not solved bring back again. Ask u to leave car overnight or a few days to 'troubleshoot' to make it a hassle (reality is juz park car aside or maybe drive it to buy kopi).

Step 3: Problem still there but by now bang table liao. They tell u it's liddat and owner having overactive imagination & just being too fussy and unrealistic.

Step 4: Frustrated and post in forum kpkb about PI dun honor warranty. Kena suan instead for buying from PI

Juz my overactive imagination talking here.....

The ride default every 30mins will open air circulation. U would need to send for programming if want to close or perm by default.
  • Praise 1

You know, these small but annoying issues me more inclined to keep buying from the AD.

I wonder what recourse buyers from PIs have?

I doubt if they keep spare, and those 'service warranties' with external workshops are unlikely to cover this rattles, software and other such issues..

Change a brake pad or engine oil? Possible, but I wonder how effective are PIs at trouble shooting?

Don’t have too high hopes on AD too.

Don’t have too high hopes on AD too.

Sure, they aren't perfect either, but relatively speaking, your odds are better with them..

Whether you want to pay the premium for their service is another matter. Some will, and others won't.. 

In cars that are packed with gadgets.... as always, YMMV... 

Edited by therock
↡ Advertisement