2014 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

Carmour

Was so tempted to get from PI cos the price are really attractive and higher spec. Eventually chose Ad cos I no balls to take the gamble, I scare of those software issues.

Any owner with PI experience care to share?

Also, was told that merc don’t want you to have recycle air, that why it auto enable after 20min.

Cheers!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

having owned this car for almost 8 months, i think i can give a more comprehensive review:

- i haven't had to top up the oil at all. i recall my bmw 3 series had to top up oil after 3 or 4 months of owning it brand new.

- quite a smooth and stable drive

- the digital clock is not accurate. i can set it and a few days later it will start to slow down by a few minutes and get slower and slower. i think this is a software issue.

- still don't like the fact that the internal aircon circulation cannot be overrided

Not forgetting the annoying wiper juddering issue.

The AD has no solution for that apart from offering wiper blade change, windscreen change, spray water when it judder etc.

Well tyre shine works but you just need to keep applying it when it wears off and clear off the greasy stains on the screen.

Can't really imagine having to do that for the rest of this car ownership.

I just wonder if the AD ever bother to bring this issue back to the manufacturers.

• Praise 1

Not forgetting the annoying wiper juddering issue.

The AD has no solution for that apart from offering wiper blade change, windscreen change, spray water when it judder etc.

Well tyre shine works but you just need to keep applying it when it wears off and clear off the greasy stains on the screen.

Can't really imagine having to do that for the rest of this car ownership.

I just wonder if the AD ever bother to bring this issue back to the manufacturers.

If you are driving C180, don't expect better service lah.  It is macam Toyota Altis only.

Anyway, mix Merc Wiper Fluid with water.  Spray water fluid on windscreen will solve wiper juddering issue.

If not, you can always claybar the windscreen.

• Dislike 2

You know, these small but annoying issues me more inclined to keep buying from the AD.

I wonder what recourse buyers from PIs have?

I doubt if they keep spare, and those 'service warranties' with external workshops are unlikely to cover this rattles, software and other such issues..

Change a brake pad or engine oil? Possible, but I wonder how effective are PIs at trouble shooting?

To be honest, if I were to buy from PI - I would rather they give me more discount (like 30-40K) further on the car price and I go outside workshop to resolve issues myself.

To be honest, if I were to buy from PI - I would rather they give me more discount (like 30-40K) further on the car price and I go outside workshop to resolve issues myself.

Depends.

If the model is very new, many workshops may not have the parts and skills to fix the car.

If you are driving C180, don't expect better service lah. It is macam Toyota Altis only.

Anyway, mix Merc Wiper Fluid with water. Spray water fluid on windscreen will solve wiper juddering issue.

To the anonymous disliked, this is the fact.

Accept it

• Praise 5

To the anonymous disliked, this is the fact.

Accept it

not sure why someone would feel offended when the c180 is infact like a altis or a sunny.

Its really an entry level car with 1.6 engine.

If trying to make the dollar stretch by buying an entry level car, then make sense to be able to face reality.

BTW, is it easy to identify a PI merc vs CnC Merc ?

Trying to look at used C200 W204. 

Is the Turbo version a better car than the supercharge ones?

Heard that the supercharger version is a tad problematic.

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Dislike 1

Actually the C Class has moved up the food chain.

The entry level are the MFA based cars now.

The C Class shares the same chassis as the E Class and is meant to have better build.

The East London factory in SA has won awards, but YMMV.

For the kind of money I would have to pay for it, I think I rather have a German car.

Even for BMW, the 3 series has some cars made in Germany..

I believe regardless whether a customer buys a C180 or a C63, the customer should expect GOOD service.

BAD service is unacceptable. Not just car ADs, but in all industries.

I can accept that the C63 customer gets BETTER service than a C180 customer. THAT is a fact in all industries.. [:p]

• Praise 5

The C Class shares the same chassis as the E Class and is meant to have better build.

For the kind of money I would have to pay for it, I think I rather have a German car.

The service advisor told me that the c n e classes are bread n butter cars.

You may get better service from borneo or kah bu getting the camry or accord respectively.

• Praise 2

not sure why someone would feel offended when the c180 is infact like a altis or a sunny.

If trying to make the dollar stretch by buying an entry level car, then make sense to be able to face reality.

LOLzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I am not familiar with MB.  I heard turbo is a tad more reliable than Supercharger.

Even as a whole C class has moved up the food chain, C180 is still a B&B model especially in Singapore.

3 series exported to Asia Pacific has always been build in Rosslyn, South Africa.  Only 1st 2 batch might be made in Munich/Regenberg.

Whether the C180 is a B&B car or not is not the issue here. Cars are a substantial cost for most of us in Singapore. And I think that by buying a car of any brand or model, I hope that I get a decent attempt by the AD or PI to try and fix the problems that arise.

Enjoy the car that you have and don't be affected by seemingly negative remarks about your respective cars.

• Praise 3

Alttis or sunny doesn't really matters. Its the quality that one perceive.

Also look at the specs that one has, I never once heard Alttis or sunny having turbo charged engines with over 150 hp, correct me if I'm wrong...... you need at least 2L NA engines to match that.

Also please understand where the C class stands in the hierarchy in the Mercedes family now...  and I believe one should at least go through more information before making comments. Since you asking, I believe you dunno much about Mercedes so no fret, there are a lot of nice ppl out here that will answer your questions.

If you are driving C180, don't expect better service lah.  It is macam Toyota Altis only.

Anyway, mix Merc Wiper Fluid with water.  Spray water fluid on windscreen will solve wiper juddering issue.

I think we expect quality service from C&C since they charge us a premium already.

Mercedes is a premium brand after all. IF they cannot carry that badge/reputation, they should not be an AD of it.

Even you bought A class, its still cost a lot and you paid premium for it.

We should not expect less, its their job, we paid for it.

Edited by Pohtk
  • Praise 1

Alttis or sunny doesn't really matters. Its the quality that one perceive.

Also look at the specs that one has, I never once heard Alttis or sunny having turbo charged engines with over 150 hp, correct me if I'm wrong...... you need at least 2L NA engines to match that.

Also please understand where the C class stands in the hierarchy in the Mercedes family now...  and I believe one should at least go through more information before making comments. Since you asking, I believe you dunno much about Mercedes so no fret, there are a lot of nice ppl out here that will answer your questions.

I think we expect quality service from C&C since they charge us a premium already.

Mercedes is a premium brand after all. IF they cannot carry that badge/reputation, they should not be an AD of it.

Totally agree.

I had decent service at Kah, and I don't expect a red carpet, but it's just being treat well.

BTW If you ask for certain colors, you will get a German made 3 series, right now..

No such choice for the C, unless it's a coupe, then it's from German..

not sure why someone would feel offended when the c180 is infact like a altis or a sunny.

Used to drive the supercharged kompressor model.. no problem with it or the engine throughout the 6 to 7 year of ownership.

Only issue was the melted light wires that kept blowing out the bulbs.

• Praise 2

Please sell your Merc since C&C does not give you premium service.

From your perspective, you have paid premium and expect premium service.

From C&C perspective, your car is 1 of the hundreds sold to match sales margin of one C63.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1