Why are singaporeans so kaypoh.

slickshifters

My old car I also kena … One Indian man hit my car from the back & then come out saying, " Aiya, like that only, a little bit never mind lar…"…All this while I never uttered a single word … He was right, mine was a scratch & his car was in worst shape than mine, but still no excuse to speak like that when he was the cause of the accident … So I kept quiet, took photos, when to AD & claim him for everything…

2nd time also Indian, but this time, its a very apologetic lady … She came out, "Sorry, Sorry, so sorry … Are you alright …" … Same thing, my bumper scratched … her bumper & bonet damaged … I told her its ok, but we exchanged particulars & reported to be on the safe side … went home polish 5 mins, was good as new …

So, got good & bad drivers lar … But, till today I don't know why my rear bumper attract Indians, so I sold my car … wahahah … True story hor … No Bluff … [nod]

Yeah, should claim those yayapapaya ones. Say sorry ones, can pang chance if minor & can polish off.

↡ Advertisement

rubbernecking occurs everywhere in the world..not just Sinkapor..but sinkie rubberneckers do it for 1 primary reason: to get inspirations to buy 4D..i'm not a punter by the way..i couldn't care less about accidents anyway..i just want to get on to my destination

• Praise 1

Supercharged

everyone slows down, speedcam bo sing li.......

anyway, kaypoing is almost 2nd nature in most of us, the opposite could be true in some parts of China when a injured / dead body lying by the roadside doesnt attract any attention from the drivers going pass, they just continue their way, let the dead be dead, or the injured become dead... no time to stop and help

1. bo sing li no problem. Most important everyone drive within speed limit and be safe.

2. What if the person lying on the road isn't dead and is an injuried chio char bo whose blouses are all torn and needs help ? Would it be of any difference...just wondering loh. [:/]

• Praise 1
  • Dislike 1

Was driving from Tampines Ave 12 twds Pasir Ris Dr 8 at 8p today, had a bad accident there involving taxis. I had to slow down. CD trucks left only a small space to drive through. Bobian.

1. bo sing li no problem. Most important everyone drive within speed limit and be safe.

2. What if the person lying on the road isn't dead and is an injuried chio char bo whose blouses are all torn and needs help ? Would it be of any difference...just wondering loh. [:/]

1 yes, we should be more concerned with safety than making money thru speedcams. the use of fines to make drivers keep to speed limit can have negative effects eg when drivers know the road they are travelling is free of speedcam, some will drive fast.... there's no way tp can afford speedcams on every road

2 but torn blouses with blood flowing is not sexy enough to make drivers stop and help.... unless a kind driver stops and wipes the blood away, then the next driver may stop and help!! group effort works!!!

Edited by Maseratigood

Everywhere all the same la

The jam so long thats why people want to see whos the troublemaker/tailgater that delays other people time

one time when I finally reached the front of the queue, wtf, just a small contact and little bit of paint came off.... the two drivers just blocked two lanes while the talked........ I just honked and shouted "kayu!!!!!" as loud as I couild...

• Dislike 1

one time when I finally reached the front of the queue, wtf, just a small contact and little bit of paint came off.... the two drivers just blocked two lanes while the talked........ I just honked and shouted "kayu!!!!!" as loud as I couild...

Eh true i also did encounter that, kiss butt abit only and no damage yet hog the road and never shift car to outermost left lane. After take pic should move the car quickly not waiting for police or wadever sh1t haha

Eh true i also did encounter that, kiss butt abit only and no damage yet hog the road and never shift car to outermost left lane. After take pic should move the car quickly not waiting for police or wadever sh1t haha

exactly. I find it quite annoying when it is just a minor accident it clogs up the whole expressway.

Neutral Newbie

I noticed at times when on the highways, whenever there is a jam, there is a chance that it might be caused by drivers slowing down to look at the accident that actually happened on the other side of the highway.

Cant we just mind our own business?

[:)]

With millions of foreigners here in Singapore, what makes you think that it is Singaporeans that is Kaypoh?

This morning at Yishun a legacy had tyre problem and moved to the bus lane to check tyre so that he will not block anyone. All the drivers slowed down to take look and that caused a jam...... I mean seriously just move on la

1 yes, we should be more concerned with safety than making money thru speedcams. the use of fines to make drivers keep to speed limit can have negative effects eg when drivers know the road they are travelling is free of speedcam, some will drive fast.... there's no way tp can afford speedcams on every road

2 but torn blouses with blood flowing is not sexy enough to make drivers stop and help.... unless a kind driver stops and wipes the blood away, then the next driver may stop and help!! group effort works!!!

See what I mean by tiko comments?

Anyway, if they want, LTA will make money through speed cams de.. But now, no point, as they planning to upgrade to satellite ERP in future, no? Then once detect over 90kmph, the faster you go, the faster your bank account depletes.. GIRO payment some more..

I noticed at times when on the highways, whenever there is a jam, there is a chance that it might be caused by drivers slowing down to look at the accident that actually happened on the other side of the highway.

Cant we just mind our own business?

[:)]

Hahaha, I noticed only a Kaypoh will Kaypoh this kind of issue in forum..... So you are right, Singaporean very Kaypoh...... I also Kaypoh because I leave a reply here.

See what I mean by tiko comments?

Anyway, if they want, LTA will make money through speed cams de.. But now, no point, as they planning to upgrade to satellite ERP in future, no? Then once detect over 90kmph, the faster you go, the faster your bank account depletes.. GIRO payment some more..

Since there's no way avoiding being caught, I will guai guai follow speed limits!!

Even in SG, there are many PR & foreign drivers on the road, just like everywhere else on the island. Except maybe the army camps, etc.

So no point generalizing.

The speed limits are too low here. Anyway, there are too many cars and kaypohs on the road to slow you down.

The speed limit is too low on our so call expressway and many Singaporean can't drive shit!! Day in day out, there are so many road hoggers, brakesters, jokers on the road. I've driven in many countries before. I would say driving in Singapore is always stressful and fustrating!

The speed limit is too low on our so call expressway and many Singaporean can't drive shit!! Day in day out, there are so many road hoggers, brakesters, jokers on the road. I've driven in many countries before. I would say driving in Singapore is always stressful and fustrating!

Can only agree on the part of shitty drivers.

Don't agree that Singapore roads' speed limit is too low. In fact, some are too high. Time for LTA to review and drop the speed limit if necessary.

The speed limits in Ozzie is too low comparatively.

Edited by Kangadrool
↡ Advertisement