Dear CPF: Give Me Back My Money!

Supersonic

I have a doc friend in a poly clinic here; he says many retiree's (with those MBE Cards white)  just come to polyclinic and TCSS and come for the slightest of ailments and he feels damned tulan with this kind of patients as its just a waste of time and resources; Don't treat them nicely also they get worked up, there are this bunch of nit-wits whom live within us also      

Tell your friend don't be upset. Without these fellows, he might not have his job or even might not have been selected to study medicine.

Frankly, isn't this the life of a GP? 90% of the patients are just there to take MC and maybe more than half of that is keng (esp monday and fridays). Whatever flu/fever meds a person requires doesn't really need a doctor.

↡ Advertisement

some directors are just 'hang name' only, no pay no benefit [sweatdrop]

If that's the case, he should come clean and reports the Company to ACRA. Let ACRA bring the mastermind behind this type of Company to task. 

Supersonic

Well, to that user who dislike my post, yes , he did not rob nor steal, why I said he not pai seh to complain because the RA is meant for retirement, if he has to withdraw that money that is set aside for retirement, it is likely that he would have not enough money to spend in future, which will become a burden to the society.

Why must he feel paiseh that he has no money? 

Maybe it is society that owes him because we protect the so called middle class from foreign talents but let the lower educated face the brunt of foreign competition all for the sake of lower costs.

Middle and upper class people can demand lower cost for services but cannot stand competition for their own jobs.

Lower class fellows gotta pay high fees for bankers and other services but cannot earn enough for a decent living because foreign workers are here.

I think that yes, they do deserve some support from society. 

yes..when you passed up monies will still go to them.

I was all for the use of cpf for local education. we keep talking helping family to break out from proverty cycle. Here presented an opportunity without even a need to touch the government coffer.

i also support this......its kinda investment for the future....higher education means higher income, higher tax and more cpf contribution......and we are not disturbing public fund. Why pay interest on loan while their own parent have cash stuck in cpf.....

Hypersonic

Not really, Polyclinics are quite stretched

Some want to keng for MC's, yes.... those patients normally finish quite fast 

Those with MBEC cards will TCSS all the way

The rest like me and many of us just have to wait and wait if its just walk in (which is usually the case) for Flu/Fever, most of us DIY at home for 1st few days until after like 4-5 days cannot tahan have to go see doc and go on an antibiotic course if really that bad after water bombing ourselves         

Tell your friend don't be upset. Without these fellows, he might not have his job or even might not have been selected to study medicine.

Frankly, isn't this the life of a GP? 90% of the patients are just there to take MC and maybe more than half of that is keng (esp monday and fridays). Whatever flu/fever meds a person requires doesn't really need a doctor.

• Praise 1

Not really, Polyclinics are quite stretched

Some want to keng for MC's, yes.... those patients normally finish quite fast

Those with MBEC cards will TCSS all the way

The rest like me and many of us just have to wait and wait if its just walk in (which is usually the case) for Flu/Fever, most of us DIY at home for 1st few days until after like 4-5 days cannot tahan have to go see doc and go on an antibiotic course if really that bad after water bombing ourselves

polyclinic in week day try walk in around 2 to 3 pm. Sat morning walk in early around 8am. waiting around 1 hour plus. Still shorter than causeway jam.

Anyone asked who he voted for first? If he voted for PAP then LLST and someone should send him the PJ photo.

I was about to ask that question. He get what he asked for.

It was also interest free for me. Think they only start charging interest 1 year after graduation.

U study which course ?  [sly]

• Praise 1

Same as me. Not so ancient times lah. Mine was in the late 90s.

Interest free study loan until you graduate, then slowly pay back with salary.

That's why we are not so choosy about jobs, just work first and pay off the debt. In my case, luckily in my final year, signed a bond, then the company kindly paid off a portion of my study loan. And I did not have to bother with resumé writing and attending interviews [laugh]

In SG, when it comes to education, so many avenues available, no excuse of being unable to pay for studies. Plus no quota discrimination and is by merit based selection - we already have it very good compared to situation in our regional neighbours.

Then again, we are talking about univ. This recent case involved the kid want to study at nafa.

So you  younger than me  :D  But u smarter and luckier than me ...  got co signed bond w you. 

the only bond I got was SM  [lipsrsealed]  

If I rem correctly , I hunted for 3 mths , got 2 offers. Got 1 interview really funny , 7 vs me .  [smash]

• Praise 2

Supersonic

U study which course ? [sly]

Don't say la.

Later will be paiseh since my course cannot make 500k per year. Will be a net liability to society one.

Don't say la.

Later will be paiseh since my course cannot make 500k per year. Will be a net liability to society one.

Almost any course can earn u 500k ... all depend on ur fate n luck
  • Praise 3

36 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

if one intend to withdraw all CPF$ at 55 minus MS ...

is there any need to do “cpf sa shielding”?

https://toc.net/2019/10/20/cpf-sa-shielding-before-ra-is-formed-at-age-55/

A2BA11D6-8B67-4146-8835-ED1DCE10C7A5.jpeg

The purpose of shielding is to move as much of your money from OA acct which is only 2.5%PA to  RA while keeping your 4%PA RA money intact, if one intend to withdraw all of  his CPF after 55, then there is no need to do shielding.