Dear CPF: Give Me Back My Money!

Singaporeans are stupid... over 55 still can't manage their finances, that is why CPF need to lock the minimum sum for their good

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Singaporeans are stupid... over 55 still can't manage their finances, that is why CPF need to lock the minimum sum for their good

Some or most got to be stupid or dumb or else who are we going to support millionaire ministars [lipsrsealed]

• Praise 2

I generally agree with points 1 & 2, but not 3.

They should allow those who are retrenched / axed from their jobs suddenly to access about 3 months of CPF money to tide them over. Then I think there will be less cases of ah long harassment of people who borrowed but can't repay. Maybe, means testing also? As in, for those who gamble, don't allow them to declare jobless just to access the money, and the money cannot be taken out all at once, but in monthly installment.

Then again, CPF.. That's money most prolly will never see for a long long time.. Except for buying house or medical bills.

if you're servicing loan for a HDB flat that's brought after year 2008, I doubt most of them will have any extra CPF fund in their OA for withdrawal. in fact most of them will be in trouble even servicing the loan from their CPF if got retrench.

Singaporeans are like little boys and girls. They never grow up.

That's why gahmen must nanny them on how to save for a rainy day.

Gahmen: Give me all your money or else !

Edited by Kb27

Just for the fun of assumption

Can't remember the exact median income, should be $3k?

http://mycpf.cpf.gov.sg/Members/Gen-Info/Con-Rates/

Regardless of age or type of employees,

Use the lowest Medisave contribution 5.25% with the 3k median income = $157.5 each month, or = $1,890 each year.

if there are 1 million people contributing to CPF

Then medisave each year will accumulate about $1.89 billion. Most cannot touch the until very old

Let's just use 10 yrs which is not very long, that would have been $18.9 billion.

Medisave is holding very very high cash flow.

[sly]

If we have 2 million contributing it's about $3.8 billion every year.

Lets get the population to grow to 7million, at least 4 million could be working.

That would get us $7.6 billion each year into the Medisave account to ensure these people are taken care of. [sly]

Edited by Atonchia

From day 1 you work, you already know it's 20% to CPF and 80% take home thereabouts.

Work with what you have in your pocket, not what you think you have in your pocket.

ya lor. Anyway its only 1k a mth. Dunno whats the big deal.

where can u find savings plan with 4% returns

Actually I think they lost a lot, it's just that the papers never report

pls allow me to rephrased the sentence:

' i thought cpf is for the govt to invest and make more $$$. YET they lose most of them if not all '

Singaporeans should have the freedom to withdraw ther cpf once reach 50. Why make it so hard for us?

POINT 1 solution: Ask the Bank and Ah Long to go after govt as my money was held there

Point 2, u can go and take loan, thats why nowadays bank offers study loan

Point 3, aiya do walk more, take less public transport, good for health!

Actually I think they lost a lot, it's just that the papers never report

Singaporeans should have the freedom to withdraw ther cpf once reach 50. Why make it so hard for us?

They didn't make it hard for u, they just didn't let u withdraw. Another way is to emigrate and renounce citizenship before u turn 55 if u have the means, then u can take back your own money

They didn't make it hard for u, they just didn't let u withdraw. Another way is to emigrate and renounce citizenship before u turn 55 if u have the means, then u can take back your own money

And if ever you want to come back to Singapore as citizen or PR, you have to put back all the CPF money WITH INTEREST [sweatdrop]

And if ever you want to come back to Singapore as citizen or PR, you have to put back all the CPF money WITH INTEREST [sweatdrop]

Come back as FT liao. That's what some people do. [sly]

after given up SC ... how fast can apply PR? [sly]

Come back as FT liao. That's what some people do. [sly]

Edited by Wt_know

after given up SC ... how fast can apply PR? [sly]

Most of the time you will be treated as outcast. Can't even get an employment pass [:(]

Ya. But if ciao no come back Liao lor, I have a few friends did that

actually its a damm good idea

u come back with a foreign passport, but u were educated in sg school system. u got the local knowledge of system and customs. u sure got better advantages in fighting for a job

I had totally no idea what is the use of cpf $ now, since it was been seen as insufficient to service car and housing loans, and dont even think about retirement. No increase in increase rate but only increase in minimum sum, government wants sporeans to work longer and save more to pay for unreasonable houseing price. CPF does not serve it purpose anymore as there is no revamp to it perks.

I had totally no idea what is the use of cpf $ now, since it was been seen as insufficient to service car and housing loans, and dont even think about retirement. No increase in increase rate but only increase in minimum sum, government wants sporeans to work longer and save more to pay for unreasonable houseing price. CPF does not serve it purpose anymore as there is no revamp to it perks.

Love the way you write 😂

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2