One less client, but Baby saved from cremation

RadX

Only in China!!!

A Chinese baby boy who had been declared dead was saved from being cremated alive when he started crying at a funeral parlour, media reported Thursday.
illustration-a-chinese.jpgIllustration: A Chinese baby boy who had been declared dead was saved from being cremated alive when he started crying at a funeral parlour. (AFP/Philippe Huguen)

BEIJING: A Chinese baby boy who had been declared dead was saved from being cremated alive when he started crying at a funeral parlour, media reported Thursday.

The parents of the critically-ill boy, who was less than one month old, had agreed to end his medical treatment at Anhui Provincial Children's Hospital in eastern China, hospital sources told Xinhua state news agency.

A death certificate was issued before the baby was sent to a funeral parlour in Hefei, the provincial capital -- only for staff there to be alerted by crying on Wednesday.

It was unclear how long he had been at the funeral parlour, or when his cremation had been due.

The baby was immediately sent back to the hospital, several news outlets including the Beijing News reported on Thursday.

"Because the baby still had life signs, we continued to give him transfusion to maintain his life for humanitarian reasons," a hospital staff member told Xinhua.

The baby was born with a "congenital respiratory system malformation", the report added.

The baby was receiving treatment at the hospital late Wednesday, reports said.

A doctor was suspended, a nursing worker laid off and an investigation launched into the incident, the hospital said, according to Xinhua.

- AFP/xq

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Poor boy to manage such narrow escape, he will be blessed to live fairly.

The baby was born with a "congenital respiratory system malformation"

His fight is not over yet. Call me cynical but it looks like a postpone to the inevitable.

But I do hope he will live well and make me eat back my words.