Workers' Party's AHPETC sees red in latest Town Council repo

Tianake

The government's latest Town Council Management Report cardgave its sole “red” grade to Aljunied-Hougang-Punggol East Town Council in the category of collecting service and conservancy charges (S&CC).

The three-constituency town council, run by the opposition Workers' Party, was slapped with the red banding because "more than 5 per cent of their households had S&CC arrears overdue for three months or more," read the report.

"Also, more than 50 per cent of their monthly S&CC collectible are overdue for three months or more,” it added.

It also showed a white "pending" field under corporate governance, a phenomenon that, like the town council's "red" banding, occurred in the Ministry of National Development (MND)'s last report as well.

The report, released Thursday at noon, measured the performance of Singapore's 15 town councils in the year ending March 2013 — contrary to four previous versions of the report, which graded the town councils' performance on a half-yearly basis.

The town councils were measured for cleanliness, maintenance, lift performance, service and conservancy charge arrears and corporate governance. All the town councils scored "green" bandings for cleanliness and lift performance, but nine were banded "amber" for maintenance. These nine apart from the AHPETC were: Chua Chu Kang, East Coast, Holland-Bukit Panjang, Jurong, Marine Parade, Pasir Ris-Punggol, Tampines and West Coast.

Potong Pasir Town Council was also given an "amber" banding for its conservancy charge arrears management.

Yahoo Singapore has asked the Workers' Party town council management for their comments on the report's findings and is awaiting the response.

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/town-council-run-by-workers--party-gets--red--grade-for-conservancy-arrears-in-govt-report-050611452.html

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

they never collect money good what.

This negative news shows opposition wards are more forgiving towards poor families and I hope others well off donator's coming in to help.
  • Praise 8
  • Dislike 1

wonder why fee collection is part of the KPI, i never pay them on time [lipsrsealed][lipsrsealed]

even if you are not in the opp ward, you can try to withdraw from GIRO and dun pay for 3 months see what happen to the other TC rating ?

Edited by Jman888

This negative news shows opposition wards are more forgiving towards poor families and I hope others well off donator's coming in to help.

Now a day news paper no news. This type of news also report.

• Praise 2

wonder why fee collection is part of the KPI, i never pay them on time [lipsrsealed][lipsrsealed]

even if you are not in the opp ward, you can try to withdraw from GIRO and dun pay for 3 months see what happen to the other TC rating ?

Then don't pay.. let your Town council lau kui... [grin][grin]

• Praise 3

Known facts that MIW are excel in collecting money or rather squeeze money...no one like to delay payment unless needed...or having difficulty to pay....in some way..it show WP is more forgiving in collecting... as long it doesn't affect the running of the town council...

• Praise 3
  • Dislike 1

[thumbsup]

I stay in 1. I have seen the way things run better since 2011.

real visible work that can be felt & seen.

• Praise 4
  • Dislike 1

Known facts that MIW are excel in collecting money or rather squeeze money...no one like to delay payment unless needed...or having difficulty to pay....in some way..it show WP is more forgiving in collecting... as long it doesn't affect the running of the town council...

Can also mean some ppl just want to exploited wp current position which doesn't allow them to anger their voter.
  • Praise 1

looks like they like to come up with new news to slap themselves..

AHPETC sure must be laughing now that the dumb KPI actually help them to win more hearts again...

• Praise 2

Now a day news paper no news. This type of news also report.

Bro Joseph22,

Honestly, NON POLITICS SPEAKING...Country leaders should be more forgiving's, should be more mindful with the less fortunate to evaluate their failure's and set back for solutions to help rather just blaming their poverty are self pawned mistakes.

I hereby will give my vote to the leader who cares for those who needs help with sincerity.

Thanks Ah Huat.

• Praise 1

not true, if you dun opt for GIRO and dun pay for 6 months, they also can't do anything, maybe send you a legal letter for warning.

I beg to differ.

A town council's job is to:

1) Ensure that money gets spent wisely to benefit the districts.

2) Ensure that money gets collected.

Item 1 is hard to measure. But item 2 is easy.
In this instance, Aljunied-Hougang-Punggol East Town Council has fared badly for item 2.

• Praise 3

Bro Joseph22,

Honestly, NON POLITICS SPEAKING...Country leaders should be more forgiving's, should be more mindful with the less fortunate to evaluate their failure's and set back for solutions to help rather just blaming their poverty are self pawned mistakes.

I hereby will give my vote to the leader who cares for those who needs help with sincerity.

Thanks Ah Huat.

Err?? Why u talk about country leader when I only say this type of report card pointless to report nia.
  • Praise 1

looks like they like to come up with new news to slap themselves..

AHPETC sure must be laughing now that the dumb KPI actually help them to win more hearts again...

Exactly. What kind of KPI is that?! Based on how much you can suck$. [furious] It is their report card that should be red. Dyed & stained with all their resident's blood. [furious]

• Praise 1
  • Dislike 1

[thumbsup]

I stay in 1. I have seen the way things run better since 2011.

real visible work that can be felt & seen.

Good Brother,

Singapore needs more people like you to speak up impartial effects of been changed of constituency caters.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1