Workers' Party's AHPETC sees red in latest Town Council repo

Tianake

http://www.towncouncils.sg/doing/Results_2ndTCMR.html

http://www.towncouncils.sg/doing/Results_3rdTCMR.html

Aljunied has a level 1 in S&CC arrears. I supposed that's good.

Suddenly, more or less the same residents decide not to pay up and hit a RED ?

Wow.. let's dig up every dirt we can about WP !

Edited by Kb27
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

http://www.towncouncils.sg/doing/Results_2ndTCMR.html

Aljunied has a level 1 in S&CC arrears. I supposed that's good.

Suddenly, more or less the same residents decide not to pay up and hit a RED ?

Wow.. let's dig up every dirt we can about WP !

What dirt?? Sound more like ppl exploiting on wp nia. Should catch those who take chance not to pay and yet can afford one to court.

• Praise 1

The government's latest Town Council Management Report cardgave its sole “red” grade to Aljunied-Hougang-Punggol East Town Council in the category of collecting service and conservancy charges (S&CC).

The three-constituency town council, run by the opposition Workers' Party, was slapped with the red banding because "more than 5 per cent of their households had S&CC arrears overdue for three months or more," read the report.

"Also, more than 50 per cent of their monthly S&CC collectible are overdue for three months or more,” it added.

Anyone knows what is S&CC collectible?

More than 50% overdue for more than 3 months TC still functioning, means no need right?

So can ask to scrap this part of payment?

Not just in AHPE, but ALL TC.

Also, how can collection of payment be included in rating.

Should change it to " Effective use of fund " I think better.

• Praise 3

Actually it is not constructive to say who is right and who is wrong, without knowing the details.

I can understand how it can seem that AHPETC is compassionate. Perhaps it is, perhaps it is not, I don't know.

Perhaps those who don't pay are those who really cannot make ends meet, perhaps those who don't pay are those who just exploit the system when they can well afford to pay. Perhaps it is a mix of both.

What I agree is that this measurement of collection and default rate is a blunt tool.

But whatever the case may be, in the bigger picture, it is a fact that for town council expenditure, those who have paid end up bearing the burden of those who have not. In that sense, it is not totally fair to those who have paid. The only truly fair situation, without adding compassion and emotion into the picture, is if everyone pays. But it is not only about being fair but also about exercising discretion when it is warranted, for this you would have to trust your town council. More importantly (I feel) is that the town council must spend the money wisely. I have seen the flowers and plants that must have cost a fortune at the community club near me just neglected and now it looks a mess. The winner was the flora supplier. Residents' money, all down the drain.

Edited by Celicar
  • Praise 4

[thumbsup]

I stay in 1. I have seen the way things run better since 2011.

real visible work that can be felt & seen.

did you pay on time? :huh:

better pay S&CC on time. later kena slap with lawyer fee got to pay more. lawyer fee cannot be waive

if really cannot make ends meet, try asking for more time

• Praise 1

What the report card tells me is that AHPETC can still run a town council decently without having to squeeze residents in financial difficulty.

Thumbsup.gif

What the report card tells me is that AHPETC can still run a town council decently without having to squeeze residents in financial difficulty.

This is probably the most one-sided comment in the whole thread.

"can still run a town council decently"

Yes, likely now still can... that why is a red flag. Not bankrupt, yet.

without having to squeeze residents in financial difficulty.

How do you know its those in financial difficulty that are not paying?

Maybe its those uncles who have lunch with Low Thia Kiang in the coffeeshop that are not paying?

Just an example. I do respect Mr Low Thia Kiang.

• Praise 1

can i ask a question? letting fee in arrears for more than 3 months is negligent on the TC administration or an exploitation by resident because the TC was run by an Opposition?

dun forget there are 40% (let say 25% in wards other than the 3 opp estate), why didn't the other resident drag the payment to more than 3 months but only when the opposition took over then start to drag (shouldn't they on GIRO even before the Opp took over)?

Dun tell me the residents of these wards suddenly become poor and can't afford to pay? i know i dun pay for more than 3 months.

Edited by Jman888

This is probably the most one-sided comment in the whole thread.

"can still run a town council decently"

Yes, likely now still can... that why is a red flag. Not bankrupt, yet.

without having to squeeze residents in financial difficulty.

How do you know its those in financial difficulty that are not paying?

Maybe its those uncles who have lunch with Low Thia Kiang in the coffeeshop that are not paying?

Just an example. I do respect Mr Low Thia Kiang.

So if they never go bankrupt how ah?

Using financial difficulty as the general assumption in this thread is of people who have difficultly paying their fees, so I follow general assumption. Because that would have to be a lot of uncles at the coffeeshop to throw up red flag wor.

Twincharged

What dirt?? Sound more like ppl exploiting on wp nia. Should catch those who take chance not to pay and yet can afford one to court.

Maybe these people think that since WP taken over, if they don't pay, WP won't do anything cuz they scared next election they lose if they chase for the payments. So they take the chance and don't pay.

• Praise 2

What i take back from the article is that the KPI is definitely set on the wrong subject..

Bringing it into discussion which should not happen in the first place. whereas, we should be looking at the effectiveness of each TC.

you collect 100% money,but zhor bo lan = pointless.

you collect 50% money, but do many things is better.

As a resident in AHPETC, I do see that they completed many shits that was left behind by Mr Palmer where it took him years.

• Praise 5

What i take back from the article is that the KPI is definitely set on the wrong subject..

Bringing it into discussion which should not happen in the first place. whereas, we should be looking at the effectiveness of each TC.

you collect 100% money,but zhor bo lan = pointless.

you collect 50% money, but do many things is better.

As a resident in AHPETC, I do see that they completed many shits that was left behind by Mr Palmer where it took him years.

Collecting is important. How to spend it is also important.

Both are different set of KPI.

You can spend good money but what if no money come in for u to spend how good ur planning is also useless.

Maybe these people think that since WP taken over, if they don't pay, WP won't do anything cuz they scared next election they lose if they chase for the payments. So they take the chance and don't pay.

if that is what they do.. Then should shoot these ppl.

I from Lao Gor GRC one month outstanding next month love letter lai liow......

Reminder letter or legal letter?? Different Hor.