MURDER 1 person, only 18 months jail before discount..

Staff69

post-131345-0-77746000-1385017231.jpg

A Briton, who got into a fight at a Halloween party, was jailed for 11/2 years on Thursday. James Daniel Rhodes, 36, was convicted of causing grievous hurt to Mr Ronald Tan, an Australian. Mr Tan, 34, fractured his skull during the fight and died 14 months later.

Rhodes was also ordered to pay $32,000 in compensation to Mr Tan's mother. This is for medical expenses, loss of her son's income and transport expenses.

Rhodes, a former bank officer, was also found guilty of punching Mr Kevin Michael Hubbard, 31, an interior designer, at the same party. He is appealing against the conviction and sentence and is out on bail of $25,000.

During the trial, Deputy Public Prosecutor Sanjiv Vaswani told the court that Rhodes had been invited by a friend to the party on Oct 23, 2010 at The Spinnaker condominium near Newton. There, Rhodes got into an argument with Mr Tan. The Briton was told to leave but traded blows with one of the hosts in the lift. He was brought back to the apartment to change his bloodied shirt for a fresh one but while being ushered out again, he assaulted Mr Hubbard before punching Mr Tan in the face.

Berri cheap, sia.......one country, 2 jurisdiction.

where can i bleach myself white [furious]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Manslaughter not murder. Title misleading.

Anyway he was convicted for causing harm not manslaughter as the person die after 14 months. Unless the prosecutor change the charge to manslaughter it's just law.

Edited by Joseph22

attachicon.gifnsibritonhall211113e.jpg

A Briton, who got into a fight at a Halloween party, was jailed for 11/2 years on Thursday. James Daniel Rhodes, 36, was convicted of causing grievous hurt to Mr Ronald Tan, an Australian. Mr Tan, 34, fractured his skull during the fight and died 14 months later.

Rhodes was also ordered to pay $32,000 in compensation to Mr Tan's mother. This is for medical expenses, loss of her son's income and transport expenses.

Rhodes, a former bank officer, was also found guilty of punching Mr Kevin Michael Hubbard, 31, an interior designer, at the same party. He is appealing against the conviction and sentence and is out on bail of $25,000.

During the trial, Deputy Public Prosecutor Sanjiv Vaswani told the court that Rhodes had been invited by a friend to the party on Oct 23, 2010 at The Spinnaker condominium near Newton. There, Rhodes got into an argument with Mr Tan. The Briton was told to leave but traded blows with one of the hosts in the lift. He was brought back to the apartment to change his bloodied shirt for a fresh one but while being ushered out again, he assaulted Mr Hubbard before punching Mr Tan in the face.

Berri cheap, sia.......one country, 2 jurisdiction.

where can i bleach myself white [furious]

Ah Ken, this one got no intent to murder. It's different.

As much as I think there should be changes to the judiciary system, we have to play fair in the light of facts.

When you buying new condo? LOL

• Praise 1

.........still not fair, 18 months comes too cheap.

the next victim could be anyone, just got f by an drunk ang moh on sunday, the fu&Z* just stand in the middle of the road around midnight, drinking his beer and expect traffic to stop till he finish his beer

remember the business plan i told you about, now on track, so i just want to relax and not stress myself anymore

Edited by Staff69

dun use the word Murder, it was a fight, anything can happen in a fight.

A 17 yr old boy died in a TKD tournament, do you call it a murder?

• Praise 1

Supercharged

dun use the word Murder, it was a fight, anything can happen in a fight.

Yaloh, anything can happen....especially if its a fight between a woman and a woman.... [:/]

.........still not fair, 18 months comes too cheap.

the next victim could be anyone, just got f by an drunk ang moh on sunday, the fu&Z* just stand in the middle of the road around midnight, drinking his beer and expect traffic to stop till he finish his beer

remember the business plan i told you about, now on track, so i just want to relax and not stress myself anymore

No choice. The person didn't die on the spot but months later. So charge cannot be manslaughter. Plus its a real drunk fight incident. Nothing to do with Ang mo or local.

Btw notice both are foreigner.

• Praise 2

ok, lor...only radex can change title , can you change it please?

but still not fair, everything seems to skewed toward foreigners

though neither murder not manslaughter, I feel that if the aggressor was locally born & bled, it would still have been much heavier.

though neither murder not manslaughter, I feel that if the aggressor was locally born & bled, it would still have been much heavier.

Got reference case or not??

Got reference case or not??

pai seh boh. [lipsrsealed]

I just observe the good things.

tiger prawns incident at newton, swift justice to hawkers.....even b4 the ang mo went back USA......

The swede who broke into mrt depot & vandalize the entire carriage......was it 5 mths & 3 strokes.....?

Would it have been so swift if local Taxi uncle?

A lot of local cases, often see............so as to send a strong message to public, as a deterrence ............X years, Y strokes.... [jawdrop]

No case to reference how to compare?

pai seh boh. [lipsrsealed]

I just observe the good things.

tiger prawns incident at newton, swift justice to hawkers.....even b4 the ang mo went back USA......

The swede who broke into mrt depot & vandalize the entire carriage......was it 5 mths & 3 strokes.....?

Would it have been so swift if local Taxi uncle?

A lot of local cases, often see............so as to send a strong message to public, as a deterrence ............X years, Y strokes.... [jawdrop]

↡ Advertisement