Banquet FoodCourt has served its very last meal

Darthrevan

I also heard of some tenants complaining about high rentals, some of the coffeeshops stalls are asking for as high as 6k per month for a small area.

most of poor stall owners had most of their profits pump into rental......they are slaving just to service the properties for others....

some of them dun even make as much as the rent they are paying.

↡ Advertisement

the last time went to banquet imm is about a year or so, inside not much stall open....tout something is wrong.....walk a round with wife to see wat to eat..... order the chicken rice..... jit mian jiak, jit mian gan.....

grumbling to my wife that this stupid eating place sure closed down sooner or later..... no ppl and yucky food.....

so my wish come true <_<

• Praise 1

Banquet has been in the news for more than a year and has been discussed in mcf before.

the daily collection goes to banquet bank accounts, and banquet will withhold the rental (by % of sales or minimum sum) and return the balance to the store owner. Last year at some point they owe the store owner more than 6 months of sales collection, without money how to buy ingredient for their food?

banquet must be using the cash flow for expansion or other businesses....

Neutral Newbie

coffee and tea is good and food portion is big

i like jurong point's chicken rice and the fried fish yee mee..power!

Not sure whether it is the same, but it seems that the chicken rice stall is still there with the new Kopi Diam?. Can anyone confirm?

I guess that Banquet went for the wrong target audience.

I have never gone into one before. The signboard shouts to me "FOR MALAYS".

So as a Chinese, I wont go in unless my options are really limited.

For Malays, my observation is that they like hawker centres and fast food outlets.

Food courts are not high up their list.

I observed, especially fast food..

I also heard of some tenants complaining about high rentals, some of the coffeeshops stalls are asking for as high as 6k per month for a small area.

most of poor stall owners had most of their profits pump into rental......they are slaving just to service the properties for others....

some of them dun even make as much as the rent they are paying.

6K?

nah, 7 years ago, i asked one prata stall in the banquet foodcourt about his rental and he was already paying $10K a month... 7 YEARS AGO......... u know how many pratas the poor indian guy has to sell in each day, just to pay for his $10k rental?

And obviously that Banquet foodcourt didn't last very long.... after 1.5 years, it closed down.......

• Praise 1

typical singaporean towkay business model

startup biz, borrow and expand as fast as possible, list the company

become CEO then got bragging rights

:D

• Praise 1

the last time went to banquet imm is about a year or so, inside not much stall open....tout something is wrong.....walk a round with wife to see wat to eat..... order the chicken rice..... jit mian jiak, jit mian gan.....

grumbling to my wife that this stupid eating place sure closed down sooner or later..... no ppl and yucky food.....

so my wish come true <_<

be careful what you ask for... :D

6K?

nah, 7 years ago, i asked one prata stall in the banquet foodcourt about his rental and he was already paying $10K a month... 7 YEARS AGO......... u know how many pratas the poor indian guy has to sell in each day, just to pay for his $10k rental?

And obviously that Banquet foodcourt didn't last very long.... after 1.5 years, it closed down.......

6K is more like those 1.5m x 1m spring rolls stall or rojak stall at those non-aircon coffee shop.

6K is more like those 1.5m x 1m spring rolls stall or rojak stall at those non-aircon coffee shop.

sure or not?

i know rental is a killer, but 6k for such a small store?

actually was tinking of opening up a hay mee tua..... but now probably a dream liao....

yup , wifey cousin owns a couple of coffeeshops, those in the town after fetches a lot more in rental yield.

cheapest I heard from him was about 6k per store....those poor hawkers if increase the price for the food sure kena updown left right by those customers who

do not really know how much they paying for in the rents......

6K?

tried the IMM outlet once during dinnertime coz it wasn't crowded and reason was obvious - the yong tau foo soup tasted very bland and my son had the roti pratha which was cold and hard, must be leftover from breakfast. First and last time at any Banquet outlet for me, good riddance!

Edited by Locknload
↡ Advertisement