Former DJ Daniel Ong blasted TheRealSingapore site!

AhJason

Maybe Dan Ong was also abit lucky when he started 12 cupcakes. It was the beginning of these baking boom. Remember bubble tea craze decades ago? But cannot deny that Dan Ong probably has vision lor.

True that. i agree with you. he is quite smart in that. . .

↡ Advertisement

Very local donuts should be those 'hum-chin-peng' .... [:p][:p]

3 for $2/- .... [bounce2]

hmmmm.... what type of hum chin peng?

I like the salty one, but not the ones with curly hair, its the real HUM CHIN PENG!!!

• Praise 1

CNY work? Sure or not? You should seriously fired your boss and look for other jobs instead... Your boss is only interested in $$. Guess.. is yor boss chinese? I dont think so.

dun be naive, retail and service industry work on CNY even for chinese.

you go movie on CNY, you go restaurant to eat on CNY, you stay in hotel on CNY, you go shopping malls and they are open on CNY.....

if everyone fire their boss just because they have to work on CNY, then we can expect a dead town in singapore like the 60s.

Edited by Jman888

i used to worked in retail selling computers .... i last time sell those with most incentives and problem free....most importantly is to hit my sales quota.....

At least you get 44 hours per week. I work 72 hours per week without OT. CNY also have to work. While everyone were celebrating Chinese New Year, I was stuck at the shop. Hardly any crowd but because boss say need to open, so we gotta open lor. Hahaha.

Sad life of a employee.

That time, my supervisors are aunties. They very particular abt the 44hrs. :D Boss dont come to shop one. Boss only visit bigger shops. I work at smaller neighbourhood outlet.

CNY also have to work. But I chose not to work. :D So no pay lor.

Internal Moderator

That time, my supervisors are aunties. They very particular abt the 44hrs. :D Boss dont come to shop one. Boss only visit bigger shops. I work at smaller neighbourhood outlet.

CNY also have to work. But I chose not to work. :D So no pay lor.

So good can choose not to work. Compulsory for us to work.

Breadtalk donut not cheap too... I only buy donuts at unknown neighbourhood bread shop... hahahah thats what i call cheap

CNY work? Sure or not? You should seriously fired your boss and look for other jobs instead... Your boss is only interested in $$. Guess.. is yor boss chinese? I dont think so.

This was so long ago. I left the company about 2-3 years ago. Haha.

I love your attitude. That's the way to go. But im now waiting for people to point out why we dun have minimum wages...... [flowerface]

Thank you! Lol.

for every word coming from everyone's mouth, u just take 50% of it at most, cos at the most, if it's not a lie, then it's a half-lie (or half-truth). if coming from > 2 pax, divide the truth according to the no. of persons.

• Praise 1

My goreng pisang store is just located behind [flowerface]

"My" as in it's your favourite stall [grin] , or your pisang is always behind the one in the queue? [sweatdrop]

on a more serious note:- that place really has lots of good makan, i must try go there more often

few of my frens work nearby,

actually their cupcakes nothing to shout about..

if anything, i rather have this..

huat+kueh+1.jpg

looks like huat kueh to me, can i call them HUATcake? so to appeal to angmos, the shop name be WHATcake.. don't be surprised smone derive name from here. better go register name now lol.

looks like huat kueh to me, can i call them HUATcake? so to appeal to angmos, the shop name be WHATcake.. don't be surprised smone derive name from here. better go register name now lol.

this one not sweet like huat kueh, you dip it with yellow sugar before you eat.

Dear The Real Singapore,

I am writing in as you have published an article of my workplace and my employer, Twelve Cupcakes. I would like to say Thank You to the Singaporeans who understand our situation, and also Thank You to the Singaporeans who are holding xenophobic views on us.

I am currently working as an Outlet Supervisor at Twelve Cupcakes. Yes, I come from The Philippines and gotten the job due to an agent who recommended me. When I signed the contract, I was told that I am under a different contract from the locals. I am expected to work 12 hours a day, and 6 days a week. My OFF will be planned and roster by the company. I am lucky, I earn more than $1,300 a month. Being a University Graduate in my hometown, I was from Central Luzon State University, I want to get a better paying job and being a supervisor is really a big thing in my country. My family were happy I found a job.

When I went in on the first day, I saw things that were different from what my agent and the HR Manager told me. Yes, the job was simple and easy. All I had to do was to take care of the outlet that I was given, and make sure that the money is correct, and every day I have to deposit the money into the bank.

During my off day, I cannot sleep and rest as my handphone is always receiving messages from the company. The company uses whatsapp to communicate with all of us supervisors and my phone keep ringing even when I am on off. When I tell the management, the locals were not happy. But they do not understand we only have 1 day to ourselves, unlike the locals who have 1 and a half days off. We ask the HR Manager as he is a fellow countryman of ours and he just say the locals and the foreigners are different.

Things got worst when the company keep telling us that we are expected to work hard for the company. When we do not have good sales figures or many leftover cakes, the management does not scold us, but then there will be sarcastic remarks made. The locals also isolate away from us, treating us like 2nd class workers. We were even made to work during our Off sometimes as the company said it will pay us OT as and when. But we do not want OT, we want our off. We are not machine.

After working for a few months, I befriended a China baker at my outlet. After a while, she told me that she did not have enough money as she only earned $800 a month. Occasionally when I went to other outlets, the same amount was told to me by the China baker at that outlet. I cannot understand why their pay is different from ours but just keep quiet. I needed the job.

Today, I read what my CEO have to say online (as my part-timer show me) and we know what is right and what is not true that our boss have said online.

I have never received more money than what they have told me even if I work longer hours with the company. There is no 8 hours work shift. On Mondays, we have to attend a meeting at around 10.30am or 11am, and then head back to our outlets. Our outlet closed at around 9pm at the earliest. How can it be 9 hours? The job is not as fun as what my boss said. If he comes and you are chatting with your colleagues, you get scolded. They have cameras to monitor your every movement.

I know that there are people out there who say we deserve it as the company never point a gun at us to sign the contract. But tell me, if you are in our shoes, do you even know what is the local labour law? Thanks to The Real Singapore website, we now know that anything after 44 hours, we can get higher pay due to overtime.

I cannot wait to see my November pay cheque. All these months I have been cheated by Twelve Cupcakes being exploited as a foreign worker.

I want to say thank you to Vettel. Because of what you wrote today, you have made the management spoke to us about this matter and we were informed not to speak to TRS over this matter.

To the Singaporeans, I hope that you all can understand that the China bakers come here to seek a better life, told that they have good pay and prospect, only to find out that their basic pay is $800 a month, and not the thousands that they were promised. Do you think it is fair if your boss do the same thing to you?

Estrada

The supervisor has come out to state her case...

↡ Advertisement