Tips on before renovating a house

Tanahseng

I can only say is if you actually not bothered by all these Fengshui stuff, as it seems you are new to them since asking for Fengshui advice in car forum, then maybe just go ahead and enjoy the process of simply renovating and after that enjoy the new decor.

I never believe fengshui (or shall I say I choose not to be involved in fengshui).. Then sometime mid this year, office floor major Reno and all our settings got rearranged. And some colleagues ask Fengshui master come see see look look at new seating facing and arrangement. And they kindly ask me to join in. I just participated out of fun, paid some $$ for advice and some 比丘 and dragon ornament and now seating is kinda strange facing. I kinda regret it bec I feel like just reverting to arranging the table in the manner I like, but due to the Fengshui advice, I'm kinda stuck in between.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

since you don't believe, you do what also has no impact on you. if you die die want to really know if got "thing" in your new home, then bring a friendly cat or dog to your new house before the actual day move. if cat/dog behaves as normal, then hosay liao lor. if not, then you consider plan B which might be one of the options described by he various forumers.

Why i say bring cat/dog? since they are supposed to be more sensitive to the environment than us due to better hearing, nose and eye sight, perhaps they might pick up some things humans cannot detect. Have you ever seen a cat stare at a blank wall (no dust, no insects) for long period of time? Or a dog barking for no reason? [lipsrsealed]

Hi friends here,

I am about to renovate a resale house.

Although I am a Chinese and Buddhist, but I am not those super superstitious type who will spent many thousands to engaged a Feng Shui master

Any friends here can share some basic tips whereas the folks are following like for example, roll an Pineapple in the house, place coins under the floor tiles etc.............

Appreciate!

I still think getting a feng shui guy to see is important. There is one that charges 288 bucks.

I still think getting a feng shui guy to see is important. There is one that charges 288 bucks.

Thanks and I would like to emphasise

It's not the 288 or 388 matter.

I am like our friend above, never or will not involve in Fengshui, asking for the tips is purely all those " basic & necessary " practice the folks were doing in the past.

since you don't believe, you do what also has no impact on you. if you die die want to really know if got "thing" in your new home, then bring a friendly cat or dog to your new house before the actual day move. if cat/dog behaves as normal, then hosay liao lor. if not, then you consider plan B which might be one of the options described by he various forumers.

Why i say bring cat/dog? since they are supposed to be more sensitive to the environment than us due to better hearing, nose and eye sight, perhaps they might pick up some things humans cannot detect. Have you ever seen a cat stare at a blank wall (no dust, no insects) for long period of time? Or a dog barking for no reason? [lipsrsealed]

The cat and dog thing not 100% accurate. Sometimes the dog or cat cannot detect if that "thing" is those quite powerful one.

Tested and proven when I feng shui for a few house.

House A - My friend's dog went into the house and behaves as normal. The dog is able to detect "something" at another house.

But another of my friend with 3rd Eye told me something is wrong with House A. My compass went a bit out too. Outside main door= North. Inside main door = North West.

Long story short. Was confirmed by a taoist master at later stage that House A was not clean with 2 spirits.

bring dog in newly renovated house it will sure bark... Dogs have such keen sense of smell... Newly renovated house full of turpentine and paint smell.. The dogs will bark bec it cannot stand the strong odors and human thought the dogs see good brothers..
  • Praise 1

Hi friends here,

I am about to renovate a resale house.

Although I am a Chinese and Buddhist, but I am not those super superstitious type who will spent many thousands to engaged a Feng Shui master

Any friends here can share some basic tips whereas the folks are following like for example, roll an Pineapple in the house, place coins under the floor tiles etc.............

Appreciate!

You want a good date to open the resale flat for the first time to pray?

Or you want a good date to do renovation?

Need you and family animal sign to choose a good date and time. FOC for you

Btw, the Pineapple you need 2. 1 is for praying and 1 is to smash it onto the floor when you open the main door for the first time.

Edited by Mahjong74

The cat and dog thing not 100% accurate. Sometimes the dog or cat cannot detect if that "thing" is those quite powerful one.

Tested and proven when I feng shui for a few house.

House A - My friend's dog went into the house and behaves as normal. The dog is able to detect "something" at another house.

But another of my friend with 3rd Eye told me something is wrong with House A. My compass went a bit out too. Outside main door= North. Inside main door = North West.

Long story short. Was confirmed by a taoist master at later stage that House A was not clean with 2 spirits.

Did they die in that house?

Did they die in that house?

Nope. Understand from that taoist master that the 2 spirits die in that area 70 to 100 yrs ago.

Thus, they are quite powerful.

Fengshui depends on how far you want to follow. Imagine spending thounsands of dollar for a fengshui master. Later he tell u do this do that. You wanna do all boh? Nvr ending la.

Just follow old chinese traditions can liao. Do the basics like pinpeapple rolling, choose good date, ventilate the house can liao.

You want to follow everything, cannot finish one.

Fengshui depends on how far you want to follow. Imagine spending thounsands of dollar for a fengshui master. Later he tell u do this do that. You wanna do all boh? Nvr ending la.

Just follow old chinese traditions can liao. Do the basics like pinpeapple rolling, choose good date, ventilate the house can liao.

You want to follow everything, cannot finish one.

I totally agree on this.... Fengshui is for those wealthy people one, you follow, you will have to follow all the way.

One year see one time, buy this buy that....... That is why I said, I will never involve in Fengshui master because I am not rich

Afterall I started this topic, not asking about Fengshui either...... Comment and comment it becomes Fengshui

What i want to know is what will people normally do when their new house reno about to start..... As simple as that

Just want to follow those "basic" and simple steps Chinese following. No harm also. But of course not those big money spending or complicated type lar.

If fengshui worked, the Chinese emperors will still be in vogue. The current Emperor will be Puki and Yao Ming will look ridiculous in plaits.

• Praise 1

Mr Chow, you forgot the most important follow up point.

The owner of the house must wear the RED underwear ON THE HEAD and then prance into the house machiam like lion dance. [grin]

That is Feng Shui for the Bed Room … [nod]

Nope. Understand from that taoist master that the 2 spirits die in that area 70 to 100 yrs ago.

the taoist master will definitely say powerful so that you will engage his service mah.....

If you're not those super superstitious type and don't even know what the usual practices are (it's ok I don't either), then why need to do at all?

If I roll a pineapple in my house without knowing why i'm doing so, just because people say I should, got any use meh? Isn't the intent more important than the action?

if you are a non believable, then dont bother loh ....i believe different master will have their own different rituals, how to know which is " correct".

best is to roll a granade inside, everything will be cleaned [:)]

was watching the movie Rigor Mortis, the taoist explain that those spirit was already there for so many years, and when you die you will probably stay there too, so why not live in harmony with them and establish good relationship [laugh][laugh]

What i want to know is what will people normally do when their new house reno about to start..... As simple as that

first thing is to read renotalk forum and not mcf [laugh][laugh]

2 pineapples roll in on opening door 1st time.

On saturday, i just moved in.

On day of moving in based on chinese calender, then 1 pineapple and some oranges supplied by my mother.

That's the maximum i allowed superstition to influence me.

Don't know about the cat and dog or 3rd eye thing.

Why compass inside house and outside house different reading??

Answer - wiring inside the house or other magnetic interference.

You go try other houses, bet you the reading inside and outside would be different.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1