Woman robbed at knifepoint while parking in Geylang Bahru

Zxcvb

Turbocharged

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/singapore/story/woman-robbed-knifepoint-while-parking-geylang-bahru-20131203

A man robbed a woman at knifepoint in her car on Sunday afternoon in Geylang Bahru, in a crime rarely seen in Singapore.

The victim, a woman in her 30s, was parking her vehicle near a food centre packed with diners when the robber opened the car door and slipped into the front passenger seat, according to Chinese evening newspaper Shin Min Daily News.

After taking her valuables and cash, he forced her to drive to another open-air carpark where he bound her hands with tape before making his getaway.

The victim lost about $600 worth of cash and valuables, including an iPhone 5, added the paper.

And I thought it was Johor Bahru. [shakehead]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

ok ok lemme get the SOP qn outta the way: chio or not?

[:p]

lol

somewhere we gonna see

gahment fault

lol

somewhere we gonna see

gahment fault

er next SOP question : robber FT? [:p]

Ok I start the ball rolling. It's gahment fault for letting in so many FT, that's why crime goes up. [:p]

• Praise 4

ST_20131203_WSKIDNAP03_3946473e.jpg

Why her? Mazda 2, small chance driver is rich. It's also a small car so not easy to get in and out compared to other cars. Lastly, it's orange so it's eye catching!

Reverse psychology?

• Dislike 1

Desperate robber, no planning no picking targets, just whack.

FT or not? Don't worry, media will report very fast if it's local [grin]

Overall I think this is a good thing, might wake us up from our complacency when it comes to personal security and situational awareness. Perhaps more people might start locking their car doors now instead of only after crossing the causeway.

• Praise 3

Robber may not know cars well. I think he is probably most concerned with picking what he thinks is easy target. Hulk Hogan drive Aston Martin vs. this girl drive Mazda 2, you think robber will pick who?

ST_20131203_WSKIDNAP03_3946473e.jpg

Why her? Mazda 2, small chance driver is rich. It's also a small car so not easy to get in and out compared to other cars. Lastly, it's orange so it's eye catching!

Reverse psychology?

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

ok ok lemme get the SOP qn outta the way: chio or not?

[:p]

if chio, i think the news will not just be robbery leow [rolleyes]

• Praise 1