24HRs Free Technical Help Desk for your Automotive problems

DMSG

Neutral Newbie

Hi DM

I am driving a Honda Stream.

I hope I am not being ultra sensitive to a sound that I can hear whenever I start to cruise above 80km/h.,, it is a subtle "wong..Wong..Wong..wong" sound that comes below my carriage.

First I thought it was from my old tyre, but the sound still exists even after I have change my tyres.

Went to my regular WS,I mentioned about wheel bearing but they brushed off the possibility even without checking. Absorber checked and it is still in good condition. At the end, nothing was diagnosed and they just carried out the normal servicing.

Hence, not impressed by their technical knowledge or rather the effort and attitude towards their customer's car.

Will really appreciate your expertise here.

Thank you and merry Xmas to all staffs in DM.

Cheers.

Most likely wheel bearing, as I have personally encountered this sound which happens above a certain speed.

Hi DM

I hope I am not being ultra sensitive to a sound that I can hear whenever I start to cruise above 80km/h.,, it is a subtle "wong..Wong..Wong..wong" sound that comes below my carriage.

First I thought it was from my old tyre, but the sound still exists even after I have change my tyres.

Went to my regular WS,I mentioned about wheel bearing but they brushed off the possibility even without checking. Absorber checked and it is still in good condition. At the end, nothing was diagnosed and they just carried out the normal servicing.

Hence, not impressed by their technical knowledge or rather the effort and attitude towards their customer's car.

Cheers.

Hi there Sir,

thanks for your quest on your existing problems with DM, We will need you to drive in for a Free check and then we will be determine whether it is the wheel bearing problem. Make yourself free and dropby DM from 10am to 10pm on weekday and 10am -6pm on saturday.

Our mechanics are experienced enough to determine and eliminated your noise problems.

Cheers and Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays!

Hi DM

Cheers.

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

Appreciate the advice.

If it is really wheel bearing problem, how do you guys go about repairing and the estimated cost incurred?

CNY is coming :) and if the amount is huge, I might deferred the repair after CNY.

Once and again, appreciate your free technical advice.

Cheers.

Hi there Sir,

thanks for your quest on your existing problems with DM, We will need you to drive in for a Free check and then we will be determine whether it is the wheel bearing problem. Make yourself free and dropby DM from 10am to 10pm on weekday and 10am -6pm on saturday.

Our mechanics are experienced enough to determine and eliminated your noise problems.

Hi Sir,

we will check it out and PM the cost. We will do it when DM operates tomorrow.

Thanks and Merry Christmas Sir.

regards,

Team DM

Hi,

Appreciate the advice.

If it is really wheel bearing problem, how do you guys go about repairing and the estimated cost incurred?

CNY is coming :) and if the amount is huge, I might deferred the repair after CNY.

Once and again, appreciate your free technical advice.

Cheers.

Hi there Sir,

I have a Kia Cerato Forte just turned 3 years old. Whenever I drive over the last 2 days, whenever I turn the steering wheel, there is a squeaky sound from the turning. It is not loud but loud enough to start to make me concerned!

Can you help?

I have a Kia Cerato Forte just turned 3 years old. Whenever I drive over the last 2 days, whenever I turn the steering wheel, there is a squeaky sound from the turning. It is not loud but loud enough to start to make me concerned!

Can you help?

Hi Sir,

Did the sound come from the front suspension or rear suspension? It's hard to determine but try to see if it comes from these areas. It might the underarms, linkage or mounts. Steering Rack, steering mechanism too might have some issues.

Best is to make a Trip to us and we can help you to determine the problem. Check is totally Free.

Sir,Keep us update should you roughly know where the noises came from. Our helpdesk replies are quite prompt.

Cheers and Happy Holidays Sir!

regards,

Team DM

boss,

I also got a question. let me describe it.

I experienced faint sound of vibration when traveling low speed on certain surfaces, especially those roads with speed-check strips and coarse-grained surfaces at condo driveways leading into car park. I did a wheel alignment recently and was happy to hear this sound went away. but about two weeks later, the faint sound of vibration surfaced again.

is this a problem with the cv joint? I first heard such sounds when I drove over potholes of the rough roads in Malaysia suburbs but they go away there and then. but nowadays this sound is appearing more frequently and I can only suspect it has to do with the joints deteriorating or the engine mounts cracking. I have changed one cracked engine mount about half a year ago but it doesn't eradicate this issue. in fact nowadays, it has deteriorated to even emitting the sounds even on higher speed along expressways, although it is still softer than on coarse surfaces. in fact, that day when my wife close the front passenger door, I can also feel that sound that comes from the vibration and it is mostly visible at the front seats.

Hi Bro,

Sorry for the late reply, Few possiblilities here:-

1> Tyres worn

2> Wheel bearings

The First possibility is out because you had changed to new tyres, bearings should be the problem then. Cheers, please make a trip down to DM so that we can give you a free diagnosis.

with regards,

DM Albert

Hi DM

Cheers.

Neutral Newbie

Hi Sir, need to check with you regarding some smoke and burnt smell coming out from the engine bay recently. It is not the radiator as the temp is normal. I'm driving a 2005 Subaru Forester 2.0XT. Thanks.

(edited)

Hi Sir,

Thanks for seeking advice from us. Check your wiring brother. Start your engine in idling mode, open you bonnet and get a torch ready. The best is get a fire extinguisher ready when you are checking on that. And just to ask : Did that only happen after a ride with extreme braking ? or nothing at cool start ?

Check these two things. If you got smell and smoke after extreme braking driving, then might be from your brake pads. If you are facing burning smoke then I would suggest you not to drive your car anymore till you got a professional check done. Short circuited wiring might cause hazardous fire.

Bro the best is to driveby DM for us to have a detail check too. Cheers!

Hi Sir, need to check with you regarding some smoke and burnt smell coming out from the engine bay recently. It is not the radiator as the temp is normal. I'm driving a 2005 Subaru Forester 2.0XT. Thanks.

Edited by DMSG
  • Praise 1

Hi dearest,

Only a few possible problems to your situations faced, BUT must be determined and confirmed physically at our workshop.

1> Worn Tyres - Uneven wear

2> Underarms giving way

3> Absorber worn/leak

4> Alignment out.

5> Steering Rack

6> Drive Shaft

These are the possible problems. Cheers!

Spot on bro!

Its worn tyres.

Left side was worn out till can see the steel threads.

Looks exactly like the below. Severely worn out on the inside.

worn_tires_002.jpg

Thanks!

Neutral Newbie

Anyone here has experience buying from parallel importers? Is it easy to get your car serviced or repaired?

Thanks bro, glad we gave the right possibilities of the problem. Cheers

Spot on bro!

Its worn tyres.

Left side was worn out till can see the steel threads.

Looks exactly like the below. Severely worn out on the inside.

worn_tires_002.jpg

Thanks!

The PI should have tied up workshops, usually experienced ones but must check their reviews first to be safe.

Anyone here has experience buying from parallel importers? Is it easy to get your car serviced or repaired?

Dear Sir,

Few possibilities :-

1) under arms bushing worn

2) Tie Rod linkage

3) suspension worn

Check all these areas, if cant then get to us and we ill help u to locate and rectify.

Cheers n thanks for your queries for DM

Regards,

Team DM

boss,

I also got a question. let me describe it.

I experienced faint sound of vibration when traveling low speed on certain surfaces, especially those roads with speed-check strips and coarse-grained surfaces at condo driveways leading into car park. I did a wheel alignment recently and was happy to hear this sound went away. but about two weeks later, the faint sound of vibration surfaced again.

is this a problem with the cv joint? I first heard such sounds when I drove over potholes of the rough roads in Malaysia suburbs but they go away there and then. but nowadays this sound is appearing more frequently and I can only suspect it has to do with the joints deteriorating or the engine mounts cracking. I have changed one cracked engine mount about half a year ago but it doesn't eradicate this issue. in fact nowadays, it has deteriorated to even emitting the sounds even on higher speed along expressways, although it is still softer than on coarse surfaces. in fact, that day when my wife close the front passenger door, I can also feel that sound that comes from the vibration and it is mostly visible at the front seats.

• Praise 1

Dear Sir,

Few possibilities :-

1) under arms bushing worn

2) Tie Rod linkage

3) suspension worn

Check all these areas, if cant then get to us and we ill help u to locate and rectify.

Cheers n thanks for your queries for DM

Regards,

Team DM

thanks boss.........can drive in without making appointment? do you need to order parts as mine is rare badge car saab?

thanks boss.........can drive in without making appointment? do you need to order parts as mine is rare badge car saab?

Hi there, you can drive over for us to check. Need not make appointment. Look for Superman