24HRs Free Technical Help Desk for your Automotive problems

DMSG

Neutral Newbie

Hi DM

I bought a 2007 Honda Stream from a 2nd hand dealer 3 weeks ago. When I sent the car to the workshop, I was told the engine has sludge as the previous owner has not maintained the car properly. Since then, I have done one engine flush and 2 oil change with mineral oil. I was told that a few more oil changes will be required and if it doesnt improve the sludge problem, a top overhaul may be required. Can you advise or recommend what to do with such engine? I hope to be able to drive this car without having engine failure or safety issues for next 2-3 years.

Hi DM

I bought a 2007 Honda Stream from a 2nd hand dealer 3 weeks ago. When I sent the car to the workshop, I was told the engine has sludge as the previous owner has not maintained the car properly. Since then, I have done one engine flush and 2 oil change with mineral oil. I was told that a few more oil changes will be required and if it doesnt improve the sludge problem, a top overhaul may be required. Can you advise or recommend what to do with such engine? I hope to be able to drive this car without having engine failure or safety issues for next 2-3 years.

Hi Sir,

During your last visit to the mentioned workshop, how they determine the Oil sludge ? Did they did a detailed exposed check on the engine? did you experience any abnormality during driving ? eg: lower of power during pickup, gear slipped etc? What are the bad symptons faced during your driving if there are any ?

It would be best if you can make a trip to DM and have your car checked with our second opinion, the check will be FOC for you. Make a trip for us to find out more and also clear your doubts.

Make an appointment with us at 6363 5112 and we will assign our deputy or chief mechanic to do a full detail diagnostics. Alternatively, you can feed us with those info we seek as above and we can provide you with more advice here.

Cheers and thanks for your inquiries with us. Have a good day ahead!

regards,

Team DM

Neutral Newbie

Hi Sir,

During your last visit to the mentioned workshop, how they determine the Oil sludge ? Did they did a detailed exposed check on the engine? did you experience any abnormality during driving ? eg: lower of power during pickup, gear slipped etc? What are the bad symptons faced during your driving if there are any ?

It would be best if you can make a trip to DM and have your car checked with our second opinion, the check will be FOC for you. Make a trip for us to find out more and also clear your doubts.

Make an appointment with us at 6363 5112 and we will assign our deputy or chief mechanic to do a full detail diagnostics. Alternatively, you can feed us with those info we seek as above and we can provide you with more advice here.

Cheers and thanks for your inquiries with us. Have a good day ahead!

regards,

Team DM

Neutral Newbie

Hi DM

Thank you for prompt response. They determine there is engine sludge when they poured out the old oil and checking the oil cap. I saw the oil that was poured out, it was black in colour and some look like curd. So far, I have drived for more than 1K km and have not experienced any bad symptons (maybe not yet). During the 2nd oil change (which was last Saturday) after driving for 1K km, the oil was still black in colour. I was told to go back for another oil change after driving for 5K km and keep monitoring the engine oil level to determine if the engine is consuming oil. By the way, the mileage of the car was 95K (assuming the dealer did not tweak the odeometer).

I would like to take your suggestion of having a full dianostic check, probably sometime next week. What should I say when making the appointment?

(edited)

Hi DM

Thank you for prompt response. They determine there is engine sludge when they poured out the old oil and checking the oil cap. I saw the oil that was poured out, it was black in colour and some look like curd. So far, I have drived for more than 1K km and have not experienced any bad symptons (maybe not yet). During the 2nd oil change (which was last Saturday) after driving for 1K km, the oil was still black in colour. I was told to go back for another oil change after driving for 5K km and keep monitoring the engine oil level to determine if the engine is consuming oil. By the way, the mileage of the car was 95K (assuming the dealer did not tweak the odeometer).

I would like to take your suggestion of having a full dianostic check, probably sometime next week. What should I say when making the appointment?

Hi we will be expecting you ... you can call us at 63635112 and look for DM Albert or Ops Manager Superman. We have feedback your case to our Deputy Chief Mechanic Shane.

For you just took over a second hand vehicle, we assumed it was due for servicing long ago. The worn engine oil had formed curd as it dried up and the engine might not be running for a while before you took over the ride. Quality of Lubricant engine oil is also a factor for forming those curd like substance.

Luckily you are not facing any symptoms after the oil drain. We will help you to do a detail check.

Cheers!

Edited by DMSG

I was the saab guy who just drove in about an hour plus ago. Hope the rubber will be effectively replaced later. See you soon..

Thanks for the interest with us Sir, we will once we get your rubber hose. Cheers!

Neutral Newbie

Hi DM,

I have a 2006 BMW e60 523i N52 and mileage of 238k.There is ticking noise when I start the engine. How can I solve this ticking noise? Thank you.

Kind regards,

Peter.

Neutral Newbie

Hi we will be expecting you ... you can call us at 63635112 and look for DM Albert or Ops Manager Superman. We have feedback your case to our Deputy Chief Mechanic Shane.

For you just took over a second hand vehicle, we assumed it was due for servicing long ago. The worn engine oil had formed curd as it dried up and the engine might not be running for a while before you took over the ride. Quality of Lubricant engine oil is also a factor for forming those curd like substance.

Luckily you are not facing any symptoms after the oil drain. We will help you to do a detail check.

Cheers!

Hi DM

Was at your workshop at around 6pm. One of your mechanic had a look at my engine. I think it was the same conclusion that the engine had sludge. Same recommendation : more frequent oil change. Looks like I have to live with this for the next 3 years. Anyway, thanks for your help. Really appreciate it.

Hi DM,

I have a 2006 BMW e60 523i N52 and mileage of 238k.There is ticking noise when I start the engine. How can I solve this ticking noise? Thank you.

Kind regards,

Peter.

Hi Peter,

You will need to drive over to DM on your ticking Noise, we won't be able to diagnose on any engine issues without checking, drive over and we will do a check for you bro. Whether to repair or replace any parts, it's up to u after we quote you.

Any abnormal driving behaviour from your ride ? Please provide us with info on any unusual performance of your ride ... DM has friendly mechanics and ops manager, so feel free to dropsy for a check.

Cheers! And thanks for seeking assistance here with us.

PLEASE feel free to post any of your car related problems, we will be able to give advises and also free diagnostics works for your vehicle woes.

You might want to create a new posting under this thread for your queries.

DYNAMICS MECHANIC - THE BOUTIQUE GARAGE

184 WOODLANDS INDUSTRIAL PARK E5

#01-03/04 SINGAPORE 757514

HOTLINE : 6363 5112

Hello Sir,

recently I feel my car steering wheel a bit heavy than unsal, can you advise what probably issue it is?

car model: 2008 Civic1.8M

regards

(edited)

Hello Sir,

recently I feel my car steering wheel a bit heavy than unsal, can you advise what probably issue it is?

car model: 2008 Civic1.8M

regards

Hi Sir,

We hereby forward you the possible causes and solutions.

Possible Cause: Your power steering fluid has gone low.

Solution: Like all the rest of your vehicle’s fluid levels (coolant, refrigerant, windshield wiper, fuel, oil, etc.) it’s best to check your power steering fluid once in a while. Too-low steering fluid levels can result in harder steering.

Possible Cause: A Steering belt might be damaged or has gone loose.

Solution: The only options you have are to either have this unit repaired or you get it replaced completely. If it’s still reparable but in a more or less bad shape, then I suggest replacing it anyways. (If you’ve got a belt that’s starting to come undone or is beginning to breakdown, you’ll just end up replacing it sooner rather than later anyways, so why wait, right?)

Possible Cause: A leak in your power steering rack.

Solution: If you notice that your steering fluid level is running too low, too soon, then the problem might not be with how much fluid you put in—it could mean that you have a leak in your power steering rack. Check your steering rack for signs of leakage. If the damage is extensive, replace your steering rack immediately.

Alternatively, you can make a trip to DM for a free detail check to determine your hard steering problems.

Thanks for your interest with us. Cheers! Have a good day ahead!

regards,

Team DM

Diagram of a Steering Pump

Power-Steering-Pump-Jeep.gif

Edited by DMSG

Neutral Newbie

Hi DM

I was told during my last servicng my engine mounting rubber has cracked and need to be replaced, as well as the lower arm. But the workshop does not have the stock. Car model : 2007 Honda Stream. Do you happen to have the stock and can you provide a quote?

thanks.

(edited)

Hi DM

I was told during my last servicng my engine mounting rubber has cracked and need to be replaced, as well as the lower arm. But the workshop does not have the stock. Car model : 2007 Honda Stream. Do you happen to have the stock and can you provide a quote?

thanks.

Hi Sir,

we do have those parts replaced for Honda Stream owners before, before we quote you, can you drive down to DM for my mechanics to check the abovememtioned parts first? We will also need to determine whether those parts are due for change. Our Checks are FOC, so need not worry.

Stream mounting we still hold some stocks, so you are lucky as presently all stream mounting should be out of stock in the market.

Do contact us at 6363 5112 and arrange a drive in. Cheers. Just quote the manager that you have seek enquiry online. Cheers.

Thank you for your interest with us.

Team DM

Edited by DMSG

Neutral Newbie

Hi Sir,

we do have those parts replaced for Honda Stream owners before, before we quote you, can you drive down to DM for my mechanics to check the abovememtioned parts first? We will also need to determine whether those parts are due for change. Our Checks are FOC, so need not worry.

Stream mounting we still hold some stocks, so you are lucky as presently all stream mounting should be out of stock in the market.

Do contact us at 6363 5112 and arrange a drive in. Cheers. Just quote the manager that you have seek enquiry online. Cheers.

Thank you for your interest with us.

Team DM

Thanks DM.

Can you advise roughly how much time will the whole change out need to take so that I can plan when to drive in?

RSVSxs3.gif

PLEASE feel free to post any of your car related problems, we will be able to give advises and also free diagnostics works for your vehicle woes.

You might want to create a new posting under this thread for your queries.

DYNAMICS MECHANIC - THE BOUTIQUE GARAGE

184 WOODLANDS INDUSTRIAL PARK E5

#01-03/04 SINGAPORE 757514

HOTLINE : 6363 5112

Hello boss,

your hotline: 63635112 is wrong number, please confirm,

and what is your operation hours?

Edited by Quantum

(edited)

Hello boss,

your hotline: 63635112 is wrong number, please confirm,

and what is your operation hours?

Hi there,

the Number is correct, sometimes it is being diverted to a handphone number after working hours. If there is no reception from that Handphone, maybe you might get a recorded message.

We open from 10am till 10pm on MON -FRIDAY, 10am till 6pm on SAT and OFF on Sunday.

Edited by DMSG

Hi there,

the Number is correct, sometimes it is being diverted to a handphone number after working hours. If there is no reception from that Handphone, maybe you might get a recorded message.

We open from 10am till 10pm

Sat & Sun also?