Nail in the coffin for Skoda?

Coolpica

Thanks.

I kind of like Holden. There's at least one fast Holden (the HSV GTS) I'm interested in.

HSVs are nice but at the price they are asking, it is quite difficult to justify choosing one over their competitors.

↡ Advertisement

Was speakg to Daniel. He wanted to assure everyone it is business as usual for SKoda and all warranty, servicing and sales will continue. the winding up is due to HSV

The Rapid and Oct 3 will come in Apr/ May 2014 with the Rapid a Cat A car. Oct 3, VRS and Superb facelift will be cat B. he is considering what options to take away so if u guys have opinion.. let him know.

Personally, I prefer the superb to be fully spec'd but that is me. Rapid is likely to be rather basic.

Oh.. and msg to those who chip.. pls pls flash back to stock before bringing to HA.. else they cannot help u..

Should bring in the Octavia in 1.2 TSI so that it will be in Cat A.

Ril3k, on 09 Dec 2013 - 10:07 AM, said:

Oh.. and msg to those who chip.. pls pls flash back to stock before bringing to HA.. else they cannot help u..

Thank you for the timely reminder why I should not do business with Harvest.

Which AD, after you chipped your car outside, will still help you?

Some are stricter that others -

Best is to deal with those that have good and factory approved aftermarket performance mods...

Eg: Beemer and M, Alfa and AutoDelta etc etc

Thank you for the timely reminder why I should not do business with Harvest.

What I meant is.. if u chip then bring back for svc/ complain etc.. they hook up ur car to server... server talk to Skoda CZ.. detect irregularities with their log. Bam.. factory can void ur warranty. HA no matter what they say cannot help u.

BUT if u chip back to stock.. somethings can discuss

Wanted to up you, but can't. Was wondering why nobody talked about this til you.

Anyway, the dealership housed in the wife's father's property, and can't pay rent, so the father send lawyer letter to the son-in-law? Pocket the 218M already too free is it?

Maybe the legal company belongs to another family member...

Spread the wealth around a bit :D

• Praise 1

i've been wondering if the brand doesn't do well because the dealer isn't good enough, or because singporeans are just too brand-conscious to buy an eastern european car (ok, central european if you're particular).

skoda has really solid products. they are like VWs at a discount. in europe where consumers see things in terms of value and not prestige, they sell really well. in terms of reliability, skoda always comes out near the top in JD power surveys, losing only to lexus. it's therefore unlikely to be a problem with the product.

can obsolete brands be saved in singapore? i think so, and it has been done. last time hardly anyone bought citroens, but when C&C took over they turned citroen around to become a viable commercial venture. today it's well regarded as an automotive brand in singapore. when GM decided that the daewoo brand has lost all its goodwill and turned everything into chevrolets, people bought them just as well.

so... my conclusion is... the dealer really isn't good enough. maybe someone who knows better can offer other insights.

• Praise 1

skoda has really solid products. they are like VWs at a discount. in europe where consumers see things in terms of value and not prestige, they sell really well. in terms of reliability, skoda always comes out near the top in JD power surveys, losing only to lexus. it's therefore unlikely to be a problem with the product.

so... my conclusion is... the dealer really isn't good enough. maybe someone who knows better can offer other insights.

in my recent visit to Turkey, lots of Renaults on the road. For Oct 13 sales, top 3 makes there are VW, Renault & Fiat.

back home here, isn't KIA marketed by C&C ..... KIA cmi to top.

....... so I think car sales depends on many LOCAL factors.

years ago, I thought msians loved Protons ...... nowadays see what they prefer to buy .....

Skoda has never done well here coz of the badge.

Skoda is actually a good car. If only ty sold their cars at lower prices, ty might hv been more popular.

I think ty tried to tag on to the VW name too much n priced their cars as though ty were VWs.

I wud not mind getting a Skoda if the price was better.

Skoda design exterior design look very old.

Like those russian car that used to be in singapore.

I forgoten the brand.

[idea] I know. SKODA.

Of course,they belongs to the VW group...alot of parts sharing,inc the famous 7 speed D.S.G..!

The Kwee's family likes to go "Lawsuit",too rich & too boring,nothing to do..even sell "Bak Kwa"...also got into trouble.

They pay high retainer to their lawyer n everyday see him go holiday n enjoy life so not shiok n find things for him to do.

Hahaha.

Wah...sold Pine country club for $218 million profit and nearly declared a bangkrupt the same year! Rich pips sure got many pattern wan! Close here closed there open here open there....am i reading it at a superficial level?

Thats how the rich get richer [scholar] ................................................

and the poor get poorer. [bigcry]

LOL......

this brand hor, has many lives here.... this is not the first and will not be the last time we hear it 'dying'.....

Then ty sud change their logo to a "CAT" .cos it has Nine Lives. [sly]

IMO, if they are really talking about passion on cars, just bring in the manual transmission cars. At least, buyers have a choice instead of just limiting to the same DSG which VW is also selling. At the same time, they still can sell a few units instead of none.

Seriously I dun hv a problem with the Skoda looks. I think it is quite conti n solid.

Finish also up there n interior nice. Handling also good.

Only the price was not good.

Now I may get a chance to pick up a good bargain 2nd hand if pple panic n sell.

ya lor...rich pple alwas lets their money do the talking and working! no need to work but money snowball....business making a loss but can buy upscale property. Sigh....if i got big money sure i can make bigger money! last time my wife work at ck tangs....old men very nice n friendly....sunday off even for their retail shops....but all change after he died.....luckily my wife resign before that! But the rich indo likes to spend their money there....donno why!

I worked at C K Tangs (old bldg) when I left school. A very nice n family style biz.

The old man wil go to work everyday n still walk around the place looking here n there n making comments n little changes here n there even though he cant see 2 feet in front of him.

A really dedicated boss.

1 Skoda is actually a good car. If only ty sold their cars at lower prices, ty might hv been more popular.

I think ty tried to tag on to the VW name too much n priced their cars as though ty were VWs.

2 They pay high retainer to their lawyer n everyday see him go holiday n enjoy life so not shiok n find things for him to do.

3 Then ty sud change their logo to a "CAT" .cos it has Nine Lives. [sly]

4 Now I may get a chance to pick up a good bargain 2nd hand if pple panic n sell.

5 I worked at C K Tangs (old bldg) when I left school. A very nice n family style biz.

1 Yes, good cars but wrong marketting strategies

2 LOL!!! but this can be the real reasons if the retainer fees are for in-house hostesses [grin]

3 And the showroom sales chio buus dressed as Catwomen!!!

4 eh, i chop first place in the queue, you dont mind stand behind??

5 Yes, the old man was a good boss according to friends who worked there before. How come you changed job, he didnt employ enough chio buus as your colleagues?

Skoda is actually a good car. If only ty sold their cars at lower prices, ty might hv been more popular.

[idea] I know. SKODA.

They pay high retainer to their lawyer n everyday see him go holiday n enjoy life so not shiok n find things for him to do.

Hahaha.

Thats how the rich get richer [scholar] ................................................

and the poor get poorer. [bigcry]

Then ty sud change their logo to a "CAT" .cos it has Nine Lives. [sly]

Seriously I dun hv a problem with the Skoda looks. I think it is quite conti n solid.

Finish also up there n interior nice. Handling also good.

Only the price was not good.

Now I may get a chance to pick up a good bargain 2nd hand if pple panic n sell.

I worked at C K Tangs (old bldg) when I left school. A very nice n family style biz.

The old man wil go to work everyday n still walk around the place looking here n there n making comments n little changes here n there even though he cant see 2 feet in front of him.

A really dedicated boss.

that i think will be Lada....lada samara...a friend used to drive one when we were studying!

i think the most money to be made is not from the sales but through their maintenance package. This one can do a lot of alterations!

that i think will be Lada....lada samara...a friend used to drive one when we were studying!

i think the most money to be made is not from the sales but through their maintenance package. This one can do a lot of alterations!

there were quite a few samaras registered between 1991 and 1992. every single one of them, i assume, have been scrapped after 10 years, if they even lasted that long.

Speaking as a Superb owner, I would buy a Skoda again. I bought it used and no matter how I look at it, the car is extreme value for money.

No one in my family prefers to be in my E class, especially when going out as a family. The legroom is just astounding. Plus there are enough toys to keep the kids happy. Everyone can Bluetooth their phones to the HU and play their music or watch YouTube vids with the audio streamed through the car stereo. Or they can play their favourite dvds on any journey. Not so easy on the Merc.

But the most entertaining thing about the car is the self parking. The kids are always asking me to looking for parallel parking lots so they can watch the car park itself. They really get a kick out of it.

Sure it's not as refined or well made, or nice riding as the Merc, but it is by no means shoddily put together or uncomfortable either.

Even if the agent disappears, I will still buy one. I have no problems servicing the car outside. It's basically a VAG car. Many parts are the same with the Passat/A6.

Reliability wise, no issues at all in the 2 years that I've owned it. Just oil changes and 1 plug/filter change. Brake pads still have life. Maybe it drinks a bit of engine oil, but it's no worse than my ex BMW.

Every time my wife sits in it (she drives the merc most of the time), she says she understands now why I bought it, cos she was dead set against it at first because of the brand (even after I bought it). She now realises that the Skoda is in many ways better than the Merc, in few ways not as good, but the merc is in no way worth double the amount that I paid for it.

I've been made fun of by my friends who say "broke also no need to buy Skoda what?", but when they sit in it, not a single one didn't come away impressed.

I have much more emotional attachment towards my merc, but the Skoda simply does everything so well that I don't often remember it.

It's like a pair of Focal Twin 6 BE studio monitor speakers. Not too expensive, incredibly detailed, high tech, well-built, thoroughly enjoyable most of the time. You turn it on and enjoy the content instead of focussing on the medium of delivery.

• Praise 1

there were quite a few samaras registered between 1991 and 1992. every single one of them, i assume, have been scrapped after 10 years, if they even lasted that long.

that time studying....u own a ride champion liao! it was a basic bnb car....enuff to ferry u from point A to B

Those were the days - Skoda Rapid (rear-engine) and Lada Samara, quite a good numbers were sold. Most went up in smokes along the roads, which I can still vividly recall. Don't think they lasted 5 years. Rode on the Samara before, rear ride was terrible. After these two "successful" brands were brought in, another agent brought in Yugo, but wasn't selling well (if at all).

1 Yes, good cars but wrong marketting strategies

2 LOL!!! but this can be the real reasons if the retainer fees are for in-house hostesses [grin]

3 And the showroom sales chio buus dressed as Catwomen!!!

4 eh, i chop first place in the queue, you dont mind stand behind??

5 Yes, the old man was a good boss according to friends who worked there before. How come you changed job, he didnt employ enough chio buus as your colleagues?

1) There might b more than meets the eye on the high prices. If ty sold much cheaper than a VW, I wud hv got a Skoda last time.

3) Thats a good idea.

4) U also like Skoda ah?

5) I only worked a short time cos after school n waiting for NS. But while there I did hv my fair share of fun with the gers there incl the promoters.

My fren drove a Lada Samara. He liked it cos he said it was heavy n solid. Very stable at high speeds.

He changed many parts to more reliable Jap or conti parts. I think many Fiat parts wil fit.

But another fren who drove said the brakes were terrible. I think was all 4 drums.

Nobody keeps these cars for long. Especially when the Agent went bankrupt. Who wan to drive since spare parts wil b almost impossible to get.

↡ Advertisement