Nail in the coffin for Skoda?

Coolpica

Qupted from the report "Mr Au said the winding up is of no concern to consumers because "we've not been selling any cars for some time". He added the industry is reeling from a dwindling supply of certificates of entitlement (COEs), tighter credit measures and heftier taxes introduced in February."

The answer is there in the paragraph.

Came across this purely by chance .... CPF charge ( see S/N 25 )

http://www.mom.gov.sg/Documents/employment-practices/List%20of%20Ers%20Convicted%20under%20the%20CPF%20Act%20(April%202011%20-March%202013).pdf

↡ Advertisement

Wah...sold Pine country club for $218 million profit and nearly declared a bangkrupt the same year! Rich pips sure got many pattern wan! Close here closed there open here open there....am i reading it at a superficial level?

Wanted to up you, but can't. Was wondering why nobody talked about this til you.

Anyway, the dealership housed in the wife's father's property, and can't pay rent, so the father send lawyer letter to the son-in-law? Pocket the 218M already too free is it?

• Praise 2
  • Dislike 1

Wanted to up you, but can't. Was wondering why nobody talked about this til you.

Anyway, the dealership housed in the wife's father's property, and can't pay rent, so the father send lawyer letter to the son-in-law? Pocket the 218M already too free is it?

maybe there are other creditors....just a friendly warning...u chase somemore i ask my Son-in-law to asknfor bankruptcy, they can do that and the Son in law is not a penny poorer!

nevermind lar...but a nice gesture non the less!

Skoda always had a marketing problem. The marque obviously can't compete against the "big boys" BMW and Merc (and maybe Audi). But they could easily have pitched themselves aggressively as competition to VW and Opel. They could also have targetted the performance hatch segment with the Octavia vRS with the GTI sourced engine making 220hp. Right now, I'm not even sure if this car has come into Singapore, because I've never seen a single prominent ad for it. Either way, a big marketing and branding FAIL.

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 1

IMO, if they are really talking about passion on cars, just bring in the manual transmission cars. At least, buyers have a choice instead of just limiting to the same DSG which VW is also selling. At the same time, they still can sell a few units instead of none.

Rich man game, we will never understand.

Wealthy family also have their own set of problems, always over money.

Spot on, all is not what it seems. The one I will always remember is CK Tangs, every year report loss or barely break even, yet still got banks want to lend, still can carry on biz, recently the top management (the guy who got charged for buying kidney on black market) got featured in Straits Times, did you all see how grand his house is? Run a company that looks like almost dying yet can stay in such place, no need a genius to see what is happening. Pui.

Wah...sold Pine country club for $218 million profit and nearly declared a bangkrupt the same year! Rich pips sure got many pattern wan! Close here closed there open here open there....am i reading it at a superficial level?

Spot on, all is not what it seems. The one I will always remember is CK Tangs, every year report loss or barely break even, yet still got banks want to lend, still can carry on biz, recently the top management (the guy who got charged for buying kidney on black market) got featured in Straits Times, did you all see how grand his house is? Run a company that looks like almost dying yet can stay in such place, no need a genius to see what is happening. Pui.

ya lor...rich pple alwas lets their money do the talking and working! no need to work but money snowball....business making a loss but can buy upscale property. Sigh....if i got big money sure i can make bigger money! last time my wife work at ck tangs....old men very nice n friendly....sunday off even for their retail shops....but all change after he died.....luckily my wife resign before that! But the rich indo likes to spend their money there....donno why! Edited by Eviilusion

like that meh....

the report seem to say the 'assasin' was Sime Darby Property.

they are big here & in Msia. Sime Darby motor arm in SG deals in BMW, Ford, Peogeot & Hertz Car Rental.

The dealership was housed at Sime Darby property hence the lawsuit. It was after they were evicted, then it is housed in his father-in-law's property.

• Praise 2

The dealership was housed at Sime Darby property hence the lawsuit. It was after they were evicted, then it is housed in his father-in-law's property.

Ah, understood. My English CMI.. Thanks for correcting..

Give you some ups for this..

the Skoda performance cars are a really really good buy.

And by the way - the SUPERB is really huge inside....great value for money

Skoda always had a marketing problem. The marque obviously can't compete against the "big boys" BMW and Merc (and maybe Audi). But they could easily have pitched themselves aggressively as competition to VW and Opel. They could also have targetted the performance hatch segment with the Octavia vRS with the GTI sourced engine making 220hp. Right now, I'm not even sure if this car has come into Singapore, because I've never seen a single prominent ad for it. Either way, a big marketing and branding FAIL.

One thing to remember also - Harvest has the HSV dealership - although I'm not sure quite how it is structured.

• Praise 1

One thing to remember also - Harvest has the HSV dealership - although I'm not sure quite how it is structured.

That brand "Hopeless",i think sold less than 10 units...

Was speakg to Daniel. He wanted to assure everyone it is business as usual for SKoda and all warranty, servicing and sales will continue. the winding up is due to HSV

The Rapid and Oct 3 will come in Apr/ May 2014 with the Rapid a Cat A car. Oct 3, VRS and Superb facelift will be cat B. he is considering what options to take away so if u guys have opinion.. let him know.

Personally, I prefer the superb to be fully spec'd but that is me. Rapid is likely to be rather basic.

Oh.. and msg to those who chip.. pls pls flash back to stock before bringing to HA.. else they cannot help u..

bavarian better sell his superb

It's an Octavia RS. -_-

Anyway, not too concern with this development. Someone else will take over the brand in due course.

If you really notice, the warranties by ADs are kind of BS. <_< There is no worries about spare parts because Skoda is all over the place in Europe. ADs are not such a big deal as they make themselves of it.

Thanks.

I kind of like Holden. There's at least one fast Holden (the HSV GTS) I'm interested in.

↡ Advertisement