Little india riot

Vega

kana fark by my encik...Said Sulaiman! but i still no commit any offence! later all mob time were reduced to 6 hours!

Wah. you re wrote the history leh bro!

↡ Advertisement

1486736_790142604336544_2005578470_n.jpg

crab kena injured! or is that ketchup or someone's blood?

left over Halloween party makeup??? its injury of course.....how dare they injured our polis...must cane all of those rioters and pack them in a sampan and ask them paddle back to their own countries

No wonder the FWs not scared, this group looks like a bunch of clowns. Helmet adjust properly lah! [lipsrsealed]

The ang chias? [sly]

really.

need to gel hair, put makeup or not?

i wan to see what productive things you can do other than keyboard happy.

• Praise 2
  • Dislike 2

Just heard from my colleague, last Sat when he was there around 5-8pm, already noticed strange things. There were armed cops stationed at many parts.....as for the "business as usual" no fw were seen drinking by him along the streets. Seems like something was already brewing.....clamp down on street drinking? If this was the case, the fw may have already felt oppressed & all it took was a spark....

well if thats the case, it is very serious liaoz...its premeditated riot.....

No wonder the FWs not scared, this group looks like a bunch of clowns. Helmet adjust properly lah! [lipsrsealed]

The ang chias? [sly]

lol I agree.. they sure doesn't look very threatening.. must at least gek a fierce face ma!

Anyway, just a reminder as I saw some "colorful" remarks flying around of FB.

Doesn't mean their skin is dark they are all from Bangladesh.

Same goes for the yellow skin. Doesn't mean your skin is yellow you're from China.

Lets not stereotype all of them! [grouphug]

lol I agree.. they sure doesn't look very threatening.. must at least gek a fierce face ma!

Anyway, just a reminder as I saw some "colorful" remarks flying around of FB.

Doesn't mean their skin is dark they are all from Bangladesh.

Same goes for the yellow skin. Doesn't mean your skin is yellow you're from China.

Lets not stereotype all of them! [grouphug]

Like that also can find reason to bash riot police... Win liao.

Just heard from my colleague, last Sat when he was there around 5-8pm, already noticed strange things. There were armed cops stationed at many parts.....as for the "business as usual" no fw were seen drinking by him along the streets. Seems like something was already brewing.....clamp down on street drinking? If this was the case, the fw may have already felt oppressed & all it took was a spark....

A visible police presence there on weekends is nothing unusual, but they'll usually stick to the main roads. You won't find them going into the little back alleys.

As for the clever MPs who are talking about clamping down on the sale of liquor and consumption in Little India, I wonder where they expect the workers to go and drink/take drugs/visit prostitutes on the weekends then? Do you keep them contained within a specific area or try to clean-up the area and just force all the activities elsewhere?

Do you go with the devil you know or the devil you don't?

• Praise 1

I thought only riot police aka ang chia are involved in containing riots.

Not sure how come Gurkha also involved. As per my understanding, our dependence on Gurkha have been significantly reduced over the years and I think the Gurkhas only guard important/strategic locations and personnel now.

That said, they are well known for their loyalty and bravery so kudos to them on this!

too long no riots liao so maybe ang kia number also reduce to cut cost?

so lan lan need to call gurkha to come in when reaslise ang kia insufficient to handle the mob bah.

They are now blaming alcohol for the riot now........all 400 rioters there been drinking?????

then should ban those FW rubbish from drinking in Singapore liow, I had a few incident with those FW Indians drinking at Tuas area when I went back for my midnight vessel. they were drinking outside and sitting outside my coy door when I horned at them so that I can drive in. They turned aggressive and kpkb....I just take out my hp and called the 999 asking for the rubbish to be cleared...

Talking about riots.

In the 70's, 80's and 90's till 1997, HK police officers are the most experience in handling riotings. They will have one every now & then... [sweatdrop]

Now the situation had switched over to Thailand.... [sly]

We can only learn in theory from them but cannot send our men to joint in the control.

No la... Think first prize goes to South Korea.

Their rioters look more organise than some armies.

Like that also can find reason to bash riot police... Win liao.

not to bash them la. just that you must at least make yourself look fierce ma.

I always believe you must portray a correct image.

like you go club you see bouncer slouching on a chair and dozzing off. or security guard fat fat old old.

too long no riots liao so maybe ang kia number also reduce to cut cost?

so lan lan need to call gurkha to come in when reaslise ang kia insufficient to handle the mob bah.

If not wrong heard from those polis regular is that Gurkha are use as 'block' to prevent riot spreading into city area.

if there was, we would have heard of it by now....

this place is also to be avoided on weekend nights.... and their stock is many, many times more aggressive than the ones in little india.

when they're drunk, you just stay away.

there's a growing number of unhappy people in Singapore who think they have nothing much to lose (due to exploitation, unfair treatment, ridiculous debt from agents etc), and many are foreigners in dire circumstances. This is very bad.

The govt has to seriously relook at the whole Singapore inc. model.

The country is turning from 1st world to 3rd and the effect spreads everywhere.

eg I live in what was a nice HDB neighbourhood with good local neighbours. Now I have more and more PR neigbours moving in (as elderly local neighbours move out to smaller flats).

First thing the FT neighbours do is then rent out one or two spare rooms to their brethrens, 4 to a room (with bunkbeds).

Now I worry that my neighbourhood is nothing more than a FW dorm with foreign asean men in sarongs occupying the void decks at night

(just when the cisco patrol fellas have managed to warn the indian FWs from drinking there).

And when the FTs bring their village parents over, they also bring along village mindset.

eg underwear hanging on ropes along the parapet, old fellas walking barefoot everywhere, PR housewives ferrying 2 small kids on motorised scooters on the road (thought I was in Vietnam)....

Just yesterday, there was a half eaten thosai on my car windscreen..... I guess one of the village aunties decided the best way to get rid of it is to fling out the window so the birds/chicken will eat it, just like back home....

in short, its a far cry from the country I grew up in, and last night was a sober reminder of its downside

our gramen said we have to integral with them.

They are now blaming alcohol for the riot now........all 400 rioters there been drinking?????

then should ban those FW rubbish from drinking in Singapore liow, I had a few incident with those FW Indians drinking at Tuas area when I went back for my midnight vessel. they were drinking outside and sitting outside my coy door when I horned at them so that I can drive in. They turned aggressive and kpkb....I just take out my hp and called the 999 asking for the rubbish to be cleared...

I though someone here mention they had been wanting to ban it or had been talking about banning it in little India not so long ago??? Make full use of this chance mah.

not to bash them la. just that you must at least make yourself look fierce ma.

I always believe you must portray a correct image.

like you go club you see bouncer slouching on a chair and dozzing off. or security guard fat fat old old.

I think holding batten and shield with helmet fierce enough. U dare do fight them when they dress like that?
  • Praise 1

left over Halloween party makeup??? its injury of course.....how dare they injured our polis...must cane all of those rioters and pack them in a sampan and ask them paddle back to their own countries

lucky never use dustbin cover as shield, otherwise can compare with the pinoy acting "using hand to imitate gun" during the HK tourists seized as hostages drama

I am unable to say/confirm if there was indeed an op, but that colleague of mine who goes there regularly enough said the security felt more heightened than normal. Whether theres a clamp down, op or wat not is basically just my speculation.

↡ Advertisement