KPE and Marina Coastal Expressway Speed Limit Set at 80km/

Dafansu

I just set the cruise control to slightly over 80km/hr. I won't say how fast I go. When nearing the cams(now they put reflective stickers on the cams, apparently a lot of drivers still do not see them) let go of gas pedal, cruise control takes over, pass cams, go back to my speed, repeat when nearing the cams.

↡ Advertisement

Bro,

Maybe your speed too high. that why they indicate.

Mine is the SAME letter as ins1dious. ONLY Speed indication. 1-20km/hr

My recent summon didn't say what speed... only the range. It was also very generic.

So I guess they take more effort when speed is exceptional... more personalised. They love you like that

Edited by Mcf777

Your car speedometer (when used with the factory tyre profile) is normally slightly faster.

Some people say it's intentional, so that you don't booked for speeding and then blame the speedometer for wrong reading.

Turbocharged

thought I'd bump this old thread instead of starting a new one about this complain king fella ...

https://www.straitstimes.com/forum/letters-in-print/action-taken-against-6000-drivers-for-leaving-engines-idling

https://www.lta.gov.sg/content/ltagov/en/newsroom/2014/2/3/cctv-cameras-to-curb-parking-violation.html

my $0.02 - seems like a self entitled guy with no sense of awareness. already admits to speeding at 90km/h but not looking in the rear view mirror to see another car approaching. drive car doesnt mean just look in front only ... at least glance at your bloody rear view mirror once in a while leon, and if you see a car approaching fast, f**k off to the next lane.

if you see ambulance coming, meaning you also slowly take your own time instead of being aware of whats coming up behind you? 

photo_2021-01-19_14-19-31.jpg

• Praise 1

23 minutes ago, Sp4wn said:

thought I'd bump this old thread instead of starting a new one about this complain king fella ...

https://www.straitstimes.com/forum/letters-in-print/action-taken-against-6000-drivers-for-leaving-engines-idling

https://www.lta.gov.sg/content/ltagov/en/newsroom/2014/2/3/cctv-cameras-to-curb-parking-violation.html

my $0.02 - seems like a self entitled guy with no sense of awareness. already admits to speeding at 90km/h but not looking in the rear view mirror to see another car approaching. drive car doesnt mean just look in front only ... at least glance at your bloody rear view mirror once in a while leon, and if you see a car approaching fast, f**k off to the next lane.

if you see ambulance coming, meaning you also slowly take your own time instead of being aware of whats coming up behind you? 

Why do I feel so irritated reading this joker Leon's letter🤦‍♂️

Just for discussion sake, should taking "10 to 15 seconds to overtake" be even considered an overtaking manoeuvre at all? Seems more like just coincidentally being marginally faster than someone else.

I don't really understand why road hoggers die die must drive on the 1st lane. They are welcomed to drive slow, but keep to the slower lanes and let overtaking vehicles through. 

Or stick to bus. Bus is really slow from point A to B. They would love buses.

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

55 minutes ago, Sp4wn said:

If his own car was captured by cam from other cars and submitted to TP, I doubt he will write this way "submit cam recording to TP of the offences" in the ST forum......    :wut:

:XD:

3 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

If his own car was captured by cam from other cars and submitted to TP, I doubt he will write this way "submit cam recording to TP of the offences" in the ST forum......    :wut:

:XD:

Nothing stopping him from making a report of tailgating to TP.

44 minutes ago, boonhat_91 said:

Why do I feel so irritated reading this joker Leon's letter🤦‍♂️

Just for discussion sake, should taking "10 to 15 seconds to overtake" be even considered an overtaking manoeuvre at all? Seems more like just coincidentally being marginally faster than someone else.

He should just keep to the centre lane and he won't get so pissed off .... :chilling:

Other ppls drives fast is other people's problem and not for him to border.  :we-all-gonna-die: 

If his car horsepower not up to others, just come clean and admit it. Don't be jealous ... :secret-laugh:

Edited by Picnic06-Biante15
  • Haha! 1

6 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Nothing stopping him from making a report of tailgating to TP.

He said that he tried to overtake the front vehicle by increasing speed to 90Km/h in KPE and some vehicles came from behind at faster speed preventing him from overtaking on the left....  :ph34r:

So who "Tailgating" who ? :slow:

• Haha! 2

Turbocharged

seems like leon lui got more complaints than solutions. and still trying to teach SPF / LTA how to do their jobs. 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

28 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

To road hogger, they are NOT road hogging driving at 90km/h.

Been seeing too much of law-abiding-but-no-civic-minded folks driving at the speed limit on lane 1 when they are moving at around the same speed of vehicles in lane 2. 

To these bunch of self-righteous fellas, they only see the speed limit and forgot that lane 1 is not supposed to be used for cruising, it is for overtaking.

TP ought to fine all these fellas as well.

• Praise 4

Damn... Finally climb mountain find tiger. 

Hogger wrote I tailgated him. Can't  he see I am educating him on road etiquette. 

用心良苦啊!!

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

To road hogger, they are NOT road hogging driving at 90km/h.

To idiots, they are NOT idiots. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

37 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Newbie driver spotted. 

Dont he know that everywhere on the road is the same? Not just in the tunnels where drivers know where the cameras are. 

Times where gov give leeway and the flexibility for us to conduct ourselves on the roads, some jackass has to stir until gov has to tighten up, in turn jack up costs, then double whammy hit us back in the face.  He is probably just one side of the coin.

Really speechless.

Eventually our roads will look like a bottle filled with identical size spheres, the volume not optimized. The bigger the spheres, the more wastage, and opportunity cost. 

↡ Advertisement