The new Perdana is an 8th gen Honda Accord

Alheych

I think beemer and merc will never be so stupid to let them spoil their image...

what i meant was najib will rather have a merc or beemer as his state car

and it really darkens the mystery that after 18 long years, this is the best solution they can come up with for a new perdana

↡ Advertisement

If I'm not wrong VW also kena right? Or it didn't work out because I don't see a rebadged VW running around MY road...

yes, at one point in time they were negotiating with VW. then the negotiations didn't work, and Dr M gave back all the VWs that he got from proton as its company advisor.

http://paultan.org/2005/08/29/mahathir-returns-company-cars/

So it took them 18 years to decide which car to rebadge. Well done.

gotta wait for the copy rights for that car to expire mah. [laugh]

else too expensive to buy over the rights to re-badge.

• Praise 1

I really dont undestand... find any local Malaysia workshop that is good in engine modification work, and another panel beating workshop to design a new body from an existing car model... Im sure to copy, modified and improvised the Accord in a few yrs time can be easily achieve. Just like what the Japs did in the 70's.. Why cant the hundred of Engineers in Proton can even do such simple thing??

Edited by Tigershark1976
  • Praise 1

I really dont undestand... find any local Malaysia workshop that is good in engine modification work, and another panel beating workshop to design a new body from an existing car model... Im sure to copy, modified and improvised the Accord in a few yrs time can be easily achieve. Just like what the Japs did in the 70's.. Why cant the hundred of Engineers in Proton can even do such simple thing??

eh ... they were all there not by merit but by "chance"? i would love to hear what the "chief designer" have to say about deciding on this concept.

Edited by Xefera
  • Praise 1

The Perdana is actually based on the 1992 Eterna, not Galant.

After 18 long years, there finally is a new Proton Perdana to replace the 1995 model based on the Galant.

This time they are using a 8th gen Honda Accord platform:

http://paultan.org/2013/12/11/new-proton-perdana-accord/

proton-perdana-accord-2.jpg

The initial production is only for government use. When the production model comes out, it'll be a good chance for Malaysians to own an Accord at a discount. Doubt it'll ever come to Singapore though, come here become same price as real Accord.

I don't agree with you leh. All of Perodua's models are rebadged Toyotas and Daihatsus with different front and rear bumpers/lights. Even the engines are unchanged from Toyotas and Daihatsus.

So what makes Perodua better than Proton??

So, proton wanted to overtake gm in rebadge king title?... That's why I always say perodua is a better coy than proton....

• Praise 1

[grin]

in fact, i still have a y2k perdana.. that runs on a galant engine, 6A12 but not the TT.

pretty good to me, v6 engine but a drinker in city.

1379422_10151761123268019_1223620906_n.j

I love this Perdana model. This is the one with the Alfa face lift?

Not bad mah.. pay proton price and get honda car...

i would consider if they start selling this "proton" in sg

It's rather handsome looking also. Haha

I love this Perdana model. This is the one with the Alfa face lift?

It's rather handsome looking also. Haha

Mine, I make it jdm style, eterna.

Find too many Alfa and It's too common.

Nice car, really love every moment when driving it. You can hear the engine breathe when accelerate

what i meant was najib will rather have a merc or beemer as his state car

and it really darkens the mystery that after 18 long years, this is the best solution they can come up with for a new perdana

Within the same 18 years period, Hyundai and other Korean car makers have moved so far ahead!!!

I still remember the 1st generation Hyundai Pony (the original version of today's Elantra) came out about the same time of the Protonn Saga way back. Both were low budget, basic cars.

• Praise 1

Those engineers in P1 , are they juz punch in to sleep in office rather than doing development jobs ?

And waiting payslip at end of the months?

Like that I also can be an automotive engineer.

• Praise 1

Really lazy bunch of fellows... Only change badge & try to sell the cars. This Accord is a old model. At least the Lancer is still a current one (as of now)...

• Praise 1

Those engineers in P1 , are they juz punch in to sleep in office rather than doing development jobs ?

And waiting payslip at end of the months?

Like that I also can be an automotive engineer.

Standard lar.. Lol!

Supercharged

Looking into the future of the Proton cars..

Don't play play.. Lol!

proton lampar?!? [speechless][shakehead][laugh]

some of the names really sucks (pun intended) [laugh]

↡ Advertisement