The new Perdana is an 8th gen Honda Accord

Alheych

proton lampar?!? [speechless][shakehead][laugh]

some of the names really sucks (pun intended) [laugh]

ever since proton saga it already had the nickname 笨蛋傻瓜 (stupid fool)

they were never good with names. gen.2? what were they thinking of?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Never really good with interiors as well...

• Praise 1

Supercharged

yeah... the rest of the names are still decent sounding.

Gen 2 was OK.

but Lampa?!? [laugh]

http://paultan.org/2013/12/11/new-proton-perdana-accord/

The mass market car will continue to use this shared platform, but will have a completely new exterior and interior, according to Proton executive chairman Tan Sri Mohd Khamil Jamil. As for this short term solution, it was developed in eight months.

“Even with such short request time, we were up for the challenge – and through sheer dedication and hard work, we are here today to present the completed Perdana. We are truly grateful to the Prime Minister and the Malaysian Government for keeping their faith in Proton, and for giving us the opportunity to once again be the provider of the official government vehicle. I represent all Warga Proton when I say that this moment serves as inspiration and motivation for us to work even harder than ever, to continue leading the national automotive industry,” added Tan Sri Mohd Khamil

Very farnie leh... They need 8 months to change the badge....

Edited by Karu

It will be interesting to see how Air Asia's boss Tony Fernadas can achieve now that he owns Caterham --- a niche sports cars producer in UK. Caterham's famed Super7 is niche but achieve a lot with very little.

The mass market car will continue to use this shared platform, but will have a completely new exterior and interior, according to Proton executive chairman Tan Sri Mohd Khamil Jamil. As for this short term solution, it was developed in eight months.

“Even with such short request time, we were up for the challenge – and through sheer dedication and hard work, we are here today to present the completed Perdana. We are truly grateful to the Prime Minister and the Malaysian Government for keeping their faith in Proton, and for giving us the opportunity to once again be the provider of the official government vehicle. I represent all Warga Proton when I say that this moment serves as inspiration and motivation for us to work even harder than ever, to continue leading the national automotive industry,” added Tan Sri Mohd Khamil

of course mah they will give proposal of the "rebadge engineering" as long as possible. so can have sufficient long duration to claim what so ever the "expenses" for the work to be done.

else how come their pocket can be so full...

do little thing first, get some credit, then put in another little improvement getting another credit..

this is how the system work lo..

boleh land really "boleh" lor..

of course mah they will give proposal of the "rebadge engineering" as long as possible. so can have sufficient long duration to claim what so ever the "expenses" for the work to be done.

else how come their pocket can be so full...

do little thing first, get some credit, then put in another little improvement getting another credit..

this is how the system work lo..

boleh land really "boleh" lor..

I figured they not only need to change badge... Steering wheel & many Proton stickers to paste over parts with Honda emblem or words, also replace the Jap words with Bahasa & translate manual into bahasa etc...

These 'tedious engineering' work has to be done to develop the Perdana. 8 months is a feat for them already!!

Maybe the person-in-charge had to go for maternity in the 9th month, or else take even longer.

Don't talk cock here la boy, P2 also rebadge Daihatsu cars without doing anything. At least P1 have some original designs.

Those engineers in P1 , are they juz punch in to sleep in office rather than doing development jobs ?
And waiting payslip at end of the months?

Like that I also can be an automotive engineer.

but as long as the price is right still ok lah. 1 gen lagging honda is existing tech for some brands & still 1 gen ahead of some other.

Don't talk cock here la boy, P2 also rebadge Daihatsu cars without doing anything. At least P1 have some original designs.

Seem like P1 admirer here..

Anyway we are talking P1 here.. Agreed wif u P2 the same. At least P2 owner get to enjoy dvvt-i technology at a fraction of price..

"Lotus NVH engineering" been heard of this many years already, why no "P1 NVH engineering"..??

I think I better stop talk birding here.. Ha ha..

(edited)

Proton going to become OEM already... the Inspira is a Lancer, Perdana is an Accord and the upcoming city car is a Honda Brio.

Perodua has always been a OEM. All its models have Daihatsu equivalents. Considering that Daihatsu is now a Toyota subsidiary, there's no harm in it. Malaysians get to buy a Toyota Passo at Perodua price, why not?

Proton chairman: no more rebadging in the near future

http://paultan.org/2014/01/14/proton-chairman-rebadging-future/

Proton chairman replying to me haha :D

Edited by Alheych

first mitsubishi, now honda. wonder who's next? suzuki maybe?

is that going to be his official car around Putra?

damn, he must be cursing under his breath at Dr. M

and secretly yearning for a beemer or merc [sly]

I read this paragraph with interest about the launch of the new Perdana

"The mass market car will continue to use this shared platform, but will have a completely new exterior and interior, according to Proton executive chairman Tan Sri Mohd Khamil Jamil. As for this short term solution, it was developed in eight months."

Wonder what took them so long just to rebadge ......

They just cudnt decide where to put the badges.

↡ Advertisement