Penalty for Malaysian cars beating red light in SGP

Fishy

I witnessed a Malaysian car blatantly beating red light here in SGP and got it recorded on my carcam.

Que: will police take action if i show them the youtube link?

Que: what is the penalty for the driver if the driver does return and drive the same car in SGP?

Que: If the police does take action but the driver dispute, what is the procedure? Will I be called into court as a witness?

↡ Advertisement

Submit first, talk later. We not TP, how to advise you?

I witnessed a Malaysian car blatantly beating red light here in SGP and got it recorded on my carcam.

Que: what is the penalty for the driver if the driver does return and drive the same car in SGP?

Que: If the police does take action but the driver dispute, what is the procedure? Will I be called into court as a witness?

• Praise 1
  • Dislike 1

Be a good citizen, that driver may cause an accident to any of our loved ones some day.

You can make an online police report: http://driving-in-singapore.spf.gov.sg/services/driving_in_singapore/services/contact2.html

• Praise 1

You are setting alot of takeaways in deciding whether to send the video.

Why not just send the video and just say you are concerned about road safety and see how they reply.

submit 1st dan tok... i believe u r concerned here as u hav posted and asked cos u hav the video (if u r not bothered, u will not even bother to post here)... but dun be scared, juz submit and see wat TP will do...

do update us on the result...

some beat the red light

some crash at a bend

izzit because they are unfamiliar with the route?

I must emphasize - not defending any group.

http://forums.asiaone.com/showthread.php?p=1381114#1

Crash dislodges engine of car from Malaysia

They were on their way to Universal Studios Singapore when the driver lost control of their vehicle at a bend near VivoCity.

The car hit a signpost before flipping and skidding for several metres.

The group of Malaysians — three passengers and the driver, known only as Mr Zheng — escaped with minor in juries in the accident, which happened at 6am yesterday.

The 27-year-old driver told Shin Min Daily News that he had to climb out of the damaged vehicle on his own, while passers-by helped his passengers.

He said: “Thankfully, the front seat passenger and I had our seat belts on or else we might not have survived the accident.”

The crash dislodged the vehicle’s engine.

post-114176-0-33084100-1387278603.jpg

1) You can send the video to them. And if they reply to you, they will ask you to furnish your full particulars and willingness to testify in court should they need you.

2) Since its a vehicle plate only that you capture, TP can only act when the same car returns. They usually let them in and then stop them when they wanna go back to M'sia.

3) You will be ask to attend court as witness. (rare lah...if they take action in the first place. Nobody died and no pressure...it will be forgotten)

some beat the red light

some crash at a bend

izzit because they are unfamiliar with the route?

I must emphasize - not defending any group.

http://forums.asiaone.com/showthread.php?p=1381114#1

Crash dislodges engine of car from Malaysia

They were on their way to Universal Studios Singapore when the driver lost control of their vehicle at a bend near VivoCity.

The car hit a signpost before flipping and skidding for several metres.

The group of Malaysians — three passengers and the driver, known only as Mr Zheng — escaped with minor in juries in the accident, which happened at 6am yesterday.

The 27-year-old driver told Shin Min Daily News that he had to climb out of the damaged vehicle on his own, while passers-by helped his passengers.

He said: “Thankfully, the front seat passenger and I had our seat belts on or else we might not have survived the accident.”

The crash dislodged the vehicle’s engine.

wah... what kinda bend will dislodge the engine liddat?

bugger must be doing a F1, then try to siam traffic, that's why lost control.

tsk tsk tsk...

↡ Advertisement