Yokohama Advan DB v551

Surf2004

Anyone recently change to Advan DB V552.

Any feedback?

Saw one of the ads here, price look very attractive.

I'm eyeing this tyre at the moment too! How much were you offered? I got offered very different pricing from two different shops for 225/50/17, one at $130 and another at $180 lol.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Have just purchased a pair of Yokohama advan db 552 (215/55 R17) to replace front tyres from Lee Beng Tyre & battery co at blk 5022 Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park 2 ... original tyres were Yokohama advan db 551 which were great and lasted a long time. Silent, long life and durable and fantastic road grip and cornering. My ride is a Toyota Mark X 2008. Tyres cost $138 a pc incld gst.

Service at Lee Beng was friendly, fast and good. No frills though like tyre wash. Price they offered was among the lowest in market and with the best attitude to match. Air con waiting room for those who abhor the heat like my wifey.

The new Yokohama advan db 552 is perfect and super value for money.  Silent and quiet. Fantastic grip dry or wet. I can feel the better braking effectiveness with this new set of Tyres too. Cornering is unbelievable stable. No slips. No rolls. Cuts through water easily. Overall easily better than the db551 by 20%. I'm happy with the performance n results!!!

• Praise 1

I changed to 2019 Yokohama Advan DB V552 last week. 195/65R15 91H with wheel alignment done.

Coming from 2017 Goodyear Excellence of the same size and speed/load ratings with probably 40k to 50k km mileage on it (i got the wheel set used and used for 10k km)

Initial impression compared to the Goodyear Excellence:

- Very quiet

- Steering doesn't feel as good (or is it sharp?) as the Goodyear, I have to keep making minute corrections to keep the car straight (not sure if it's alignment not done properly)

- Now still running in so can't comment on the grip, but I don't feel any difference for now. Will try out the grip after run in

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1