NS kills another son of Singapore.... haiz

Little_prince

A NSman died today, 10 days after he suffered a stroke in camp. Corporal (NS) Heng Wei Sian, 24, had just returned to camp from a night-off during his in-camp training on Dec 10 and was found lying motionless but conscious in a toilet in Kranji Camp III at around 9:20pm. Full story at: http://tdy.sg/1hqR4LQ

RIP.....

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

So young suffer stroke? I really wonder if this young man takes care of his own body?

Yeah. Blame the gahment, FT and aliens. LoL...

It might be an underlying medical condition for all we know.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 2

So young suffer stroke? I really wonder if this young man takes care of his own body?

yeah. it's after nights off some more... haiz....

I wouldn't blame NS for this ah. Not like it's an accident out in the field during training or he collapse doing IPPT.

Come back from night-out during ICT and collapse from stroke, also can blame NS meh?

It depends on the cause and the area of the clot that causes the stroke.

A stroke can occur if you had head trauma earlier. Did the guy fall and knock his head/neck during training?

I fear these are some of the questions we may never know..

RIP, fellow Singaporean Son...

Edited by Pocus
  • Praise 3

Rip..... thank you for giving up your life whilst training for the defence of your nation. Much too young and too soon. Sincere condolences to the bereaved family.

• Praise 1

Yep! Let's not jump to conclusions yet, but all the same, condolences to the family and loved ones.

9.20 was the time he was discovered. How much earlier when he collapsed nobody knows. Damaged during this period could have been done. He may have a higher survival chance if it happens outside the camp, as the ambulance would have brought him straight to the hospital for immediate action/operation.

Anyway, we all have to work extra hard nowadays so as not to lose our jobs to you-know-who when back for in-camp lo.

This may explain why people are having stroke at younger age.

Ironic isn't it, this had to happen while he is training to protect, again, the you-know-who...

Edited by Kingkong
  • Praise 2

9.20 was the time he was discovered. How much earlier when he collapsed nobody knows. Damaged during this period could have been done. He may have a higher survival chance if it happens outside the camp, as the ambulance would have brought him straight to the hospital for immediate action/operation.

Anyway, we all have to work extra hard nowadays so as not to lose our jobs to you-know-who when back for in-camp lo.

This may explain why people are having stroke at younger age.

Ironic isn't it, this had to happen while he is training to protect, again, the you-know-who...

I dunno Who... Voldemort?

All I know is NSFs are training and protecting so me, my family and friends can sleep peacefully at night, as just I've done my part with my brothers-in-arms. I think those close to you are enough reason, don't need to include people you don't like or discriminate..

Outside camp also not 100% got immediate help. If he collapse in a secluded walkway or all a quiet side of a HDB corridor, help may not arrive till the next day when the neighbours wake up....

• Praise 5

From 9:20pm to hospital at 10:37pm is a long time for someone who suffered a stroke [shakehead] [shakehead]

Stroke is not a condition that is clearcut. The fact that someone fainted can be a lot of reasons. Could be heart attack? Lung collapsed?

I belief the medical centre is trying ways to resuscitate him before realizing it could be a more dire complication before admitting him to the hospital.

Some people stroke, don't even know they kena stroke. They thought migrane and keep vomiting, go to sleep and never woke up. So are more clear cut, straight away talk slur and some can't balance or stand.

Being a caregiver to a stroke patient and seem so many people having strokes, I can confirm, every stroke on a patient is unique to themselves. The symptoms can very disleading and complicated and diverse. Not every patient have the same symptoms.

Edited by Pocus

Kranji Camp III again... this year alone 3 reservists died in that camp or were from that camp.

I am from that camp, although I do not know them I feel grieved to know about their demise...

• Praise 1

I dunno Who... Voldemort?

All I know is NSFs are training and protecting so me, my family and friends can sleep peacefully at night, as just I've done my part with my brothers-in-arms. I think those close to you are enough reason, don't need to include people you don't like or discriminate..

Outside camp also not 100% got immediate help. If he collapse in a secluded walkway or all a quiet side of a HDB corridor, help may not arrive till the next day when the neighbours wake up....

Totally agree with you. Funny how every discussion somehow links to you know who. RIP to the young man.

↡ Advertisement