'Downtown' line down

Christan

1st day down?

20 yrs ago when the President Ong Teng Cheong championed the mrt, all run smoothly

With today technology, why still so much problem?

Weak lah

Today's tech, but must know where its made mah...

↡ Advertisement

breakdowns are just interruptions [flowerface]

1504075_740029562693620_1346115913_n.jpg

It's good to study a lot. Get a scholarship, go to the best uni so that your "thesaurus" is powderful [sunny]

• Praise 1

1st day down?

20 yrs ago when the President Ong Teng Cheong championed the mrt, all run smoothly

With today technology, why still so much problem?

Weak lah

20 yrs ago technology are much simpler compared to today's system which it is much more complicated and a lot of integration involved. The contractor also need to deliver the system at very short time and thus ended up with problem which takes time to resolve especially once the line is opened as they have limited time during the night to test and re-test the system.

We are hopeless when the pm think occasionally breakdown is acceptable and sounds norm.... So, when will he starts to accept occasionally corruption is acceptable huh?.. Or was it happening already...

• Praise 3

These kinda self comforting words are most amusing. Why aren't they comparing with other first world transportations like Japan Metro where they pride themselves on puntality?

• Praise 2

These kinda self comforting words are most amusing. Why aren't they comparing with other first world transportations like Japan Metro where they pride themselves on puntality?

puntality is ...?

puntality is ...?

Simply to mean "pun" and "fatality"?? Or fatal pun? [laugh] [laugh] Our bro also coming up with powderful words

because the flow chart says must match pricing of other first world transportation first then quality then can match.

but when comes to salary for operators, they will say you are already better than 3rd world country.

I really wonder if they can answer the questions to how they justify their million dollar salaries now.. will they still be so confident to say everything in Singapore is so well managed.

• Praise 1

20 years ago, most of the parts come from USA, Germany or Japan?

Thought I saw, Kawasaki Heavy Industries back in late 80s when launch.

We are hopeless when the pm think occasionally breakdown is acceptable and sounds norm.... So, when will he starts to accept occasionally corruption is acceptable huh?.. Or was it happening already...

alamak, ran out of points to praise.

20 yrs ago technology are much simpler compared to today's system which it is much more complicated and a lot of integration involved. The contractor also need to deliver the system at very short time and thus ended up with problem which takes time to resolve especially once the line is opened as they have limited time during the night to test and re-test the system.

No offence to owners....

But trains today are like a 1 litre car, fetching 7 adults.

While its ok once/twice a year during festive......but if its SOP everyday on that 1 litre NA car, how long u expect the train/car to last b4 falling apart.?

And of course having made in under cost cutting, time racing conditions exacerbates the whole thing a few notches lower.

• Praise 1

seems like they are now trying to instill that such is norm.

flooding = ponding

breakdown = interruption

snowing = flaking ?

http://ride.asiaone.com/news/general/story/child-could-have-caused-disruption-downtown-line-sbs-transit

Are they putting the blame on the child? I dunno whether it's the child in that pic but it's pretty amusing.

20131229_downtownline-child_st.jpg

A child resting his hands on the cover of the detrainment switch on a Downtown Line train. The switch, which would lower a ramp for emergency evacuation, could have been activated by the movement of the cover, causing power to be cut as a safety precaution.
Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1

http://ride.asiaone.com/news/general/story/child-could-have-caused-disruption-downtown-line-sbs-transit

Are they putting the blame on the child? I dunno whether it's the child in that pic but it's pretty amusing.

20131229_downtownline-child_st.jpg

A child resting his hands on the cover of the detrainment switch on a Downtown Line train. The switch, which would lower a ramp for emergency evacuation, could have been activated by the movement of the cover, causing power to be cut as a safety precaution.

Wa so easy to activate.. just rest hands on the cover, tap tap abit, cover moves activate the senor and power trips.

So SMRT got some work to do already. To come up with something like the manual call point or those type of break glass to open. So children no matter how they pull the cover will not open and staff will also have a key so that they can anytime open to cover with the key to operate or maintenance work.

Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 1

Wa so easy to activate.. just rest hands on the cover, tap tap abit, cover moves activate the senor and power trips.

So SMRT got some work to do already. To come up with something like the manual call point or those type of break glass to open. So children no matter how they pull the cover will not open and staff will also have a key so that they can anytime open to cover with the key to operate or maintenance work.

It's SBS running the show on downtown line. I thought they would like conduct an island hunt for the boy.

It's SBS running the show on downtown line. I thought they would like conduct an island hunt for the boy.

Oh, thanks. Too many train line, and I got confused. [lipsrsealed][lipsrsealed]

I recalled the metal tag label on the trains when started during late 80s, think I recalled seeing "Kawasaki Heavy Industries"...

todays trains like todays new hdb lifts/ lift upgrading type of lifts for older hdb flats.