Route 9 - an endless winding ride some may enjoy

Yhn

A sample of Route 9

About 135 km long, with a few small towns and hardly any straight stretch.

Two hours of driving on a saturday evening encountered only one lorry in the same direction.

And there was a pasar malam at Simpang Durian where i stopped and picked up some local snacks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfV_7Zxh_xY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfV_7Zxh_xY

I travelled from Gua Musang along route 8 till the end of the route , I hit E8 , Karak Highway toward Kuantan,

About 15 km is a slip road to Karak town.

About 4 km is where Route 9 begins. Landmark is a big Polis Station.

The end of route is Tampin and it meets Route 1, the old trunk road before E2 was built.

You may like it too

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Supercharged

Thanks for sharing. [thumbsup]

But unless one needs to go to a location along route 9, usually people will turn out into Karak highway (after passing Bentong), and then hit into NSH southbound back to SG...IMO.

But unless one needs to go to a location along route 9, usually people will turn out into Karak highway (after passing Bentong), and then hit into NSH southbound back to SG...IMO.

Ya, that's true. Only for those enroute to Genting Highlands, Fraser's Hill or even Cameron Highlands can treat it as an alternate route.

After all the times on a NSHW, a change of route seems very refreshing.

Supercharged

Here are some more interesting routes :-

I have done 4 routes, out of the total of 5 in this report. The Paloh route is the one I didn't venture to....but since there's not much scenery there, I'll probably not try it as well. Cos I'm a lover of sceneries... [sunny]

bro, how long does it take to drive from Gua Musang to Bentong? is the condition of the road ok?

From Gua Musang to end of Route 8, took 4 hrs. Had two breaks of half hr each for durians and tea along the way. So , on the road is about 3 hours.

Road condition is good, tarmac all the way.

Here are some more interesting routes :-

Thanks for the information.

Paloh is new to me. Since it's not so far, may try slot it in if can

i had to wanted to do the Gerik-Jeli Route a long now, but schedule just don't permit. [smallcry]

From Gua Musang to end of Route 8, took 4 hrs. Had two breaks of half hr each for durians and tea along the way. So , on the road is about 3 hours.

Road condition is good, tarmac all the way.

sounds good. thanks, bro! [thumbsup]

Hi TVT

Have you travelled on C156 which is not in the report?

I heard it is a scenic stretch

I have done 4 routes, out of the total of 5 in this report. The Paloh route is the one I didn't venture to....but since there's not much scenery there, I'll probably not try it as well. Cos I'm a lover of sceneries... [sunny]

Supercharged

Hi TVT

Have you travelled on C156 which is not in the report?

I heard it is a scenic stretch

Hi Yhn

Not yet. But I'm hoping to do C156 next June holidays. Am looking at driving up Cameron Highlands from Fraser Hill using C156. But I heard that although C156 scenery is nice, but still lose to the scenery of 185 (from Gua Musang-CH). This is from a friend who had travelled up CH using both routes before.

Well, see how it goes lah. [:)]

Hi Yhn

Not yet. But I'm hoping to do C156 next June holidays. Am looking at driving up Cameron Highlands from Fraser Hill using C156. But I heard that although C156 scenery is nice, but still lose to the scenery of 185 (from Gua Musang-CH). This is from a friend who had travelled up CH using both routes before.

Bo jio!!?

Supercharged

Bo jio!!?

I tot you travelled on C156 before? U still gian to go again huh?

Anyway nothing is confirm. Just a plan only. [;)]

I tot you travelled on C156 before? U still gian to go again huh?

Anyway nothing is confirm. Just a plan only. [;)]

LOL.... many of us have eaten durians countless times, but will still eat again !!!! Dio bo?? Edited by Maseratigood
  • Praise 1

bro, how long does it take to drive from Gua Musang to Bentong? is the condition of the road ok?

Was at Ampang, KL last week.

Coming back again used this route 9.

This time round decided to go faster than the leisure ride in Dec 2013, but not like chionging all the way. Took me 2 hours 15 mins ( of driving pleasure ).

Noted two places where the side of road was eroding had worsen. However the road, a good long stretch, from Manchis to S Pelagai was resurfaced.

And I have to say that the first post " hardly any straight stretch" was not accurate. Then was engrossed in the thrill of the windings. There are, i try to recall, probably about 25km of 134km which may be said as straight.

• Praise 1

Hi Yhn

185 definitely nicer, but i prefer exiting CH using 185 rather than going there using 185. The downhill way seems better, no need to step on the gas most of the time, and u can look out over the valley and hills.

156 isn't too bad either, but scenery wise confirm chop guarantee lose to 185. The only thing to note about 156 is, there's a really critical turn that's almost like a U-turn.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

185 definitely nicer, but i prefer exiting CH using 185 rather than going there using 185. The downhill way seems better, no need to step on the gas most of the time, and u can look out over the valley and hills.

156 isn't too bad either, but scenery wise confirm chop guarantee lose to 185. The only thing to note about 156 is, there's a really critical turn that's almost like a U-turn.

Thanks bro Hotshot85!

While I was on 185 coming from Gua Musang, I felt the route had its equal number of ups and downs slope throughout......so whether you travel to/out CH using 185, it doesn't really matter. Just my observation and opinion only.

That 156 sharp U-turn, how many are there? Before reaching any warning sign ?

↡ Advertisement