Your personal Favorite Laptops to date!

RadX

Thought I'd start this thread seeing the no of laptops i hv used over the years, numbering to abt 20. Used to be a desktop junkie until lappies gained the same power with the downsizing of the various parts.

Here goes:

Personal best of all time: Lenovo Thinkpad

Damn good workhorse. Given to me by company T410. Got the one with the i5 chip and had the basics in it, and all. Excellent and bulletproof in design and the kb rocks. Upped the ram to 16GB and to a 500SSD, and it really serves me well. Have had it for close to 3 yrs now, and still my all time fav. Modular and can change abt every damn thing. It has kept it's reputation as a good corporate laptop and the battery life is supreme! Oni thing is damn heavy....

Next best: Toshiba Portege m900

Another good one that I use at home. Have had it for 5 yrs now and with minor tweaks like upping the RAM and the SSD replacement, still doing it's job and does the job. Good graphic capability and overall handles and multitasks seamlessly. Keyboard a little close for liking and tht gives it the no 2 spot cf the Thinkpad

Current prototype testing: Macbook pro 2009

Solid and lives it's name in the overall handling of graphics tasks. On bootcamp and switch between Win7 and Mac OSx seamlessly. Again, the SSD/RAM change gives it that extra oomph where boot up times are 15s and shutdown times, 5s. Comfy feel overall and may take over the thinkpad later with more robust testing and the like.

Had a few others, Acer, Hp, ASUS, all use n throw one side or donate to charity. The above 3 by far tops for me.

Do share your experience with the various laptops you have owned and the MODs given to it.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

1) MacBook Air

2) Thinkpad T series

the MBA is with the 128 SSD? Yeah, that was one I wanted to get too. Ended up w Acer Ultrabook. Pretty good once u add RAM and SSD

the MBA is with the 128 SSD? Yeah, that was one I wanted to get too. Ended up w Acer Ultrabook. Pretty good once u add RAM and SSD

I pass the MBA to my boy as he need one for his school. Thinkpad is a real workhorse, tough, reliable and durable, that's why I hardly need to change laptop (refer to the IBM time).

I pass the MBA to my boy as he need one for his school. Thinkpad is a real workhorse, tough, reliable and durable, that's why I hardly need to change laptop (refer to the IBM time).

yup! Damn solid machine

Maverick seems to be quite buggy.

haven upgrade yet. Still on Lion.

looks like most here who have been into laptops, even tetek man, agrees that the Thinkpad wins hands...(boobs) down [:)][:)]

My first and only laptop is Lenovo Y series which I got around 4 years ago, stock condition. Still function ok but the battery is dead so now can only operate via direct electricity supply.

My office using Lenovo computer, so my impression of it is good, hence got myself Lenovo Y series for home use. Next one probably the same brand too.

My first and only laptop is Lenovo Y series which I got around 4 years ago, stock condition. Still function ok but the battery is dead so now can only operate via direct electricity supply.

My office using Lenovo computer, so my impression of it is good, hence got myself Lenovo Y series for home use. Next one probably the same brand too.

try the thinkpads bro.....batteries can get off amazon or elsewhere.

try the thinkpads bro.....batteries can get off amazon or elsewhere.

Will look into thinkpads... Only concern now of upgrading new laptop is the operating software is Windows 8, it looks so different from the earlier Windows version which I'm familiar with......

Will look into thinkpads... Only concern now of upgrading new laptop is the operating software is Windows 8, it looks so different from the earlier Windows version which I'm familiar with......

me still on Win 7 enterprise..altho one of my home lappies is on Win8. Matter of rethinking how to get arnd it lah. Moderate learning curve

maverick so far okay ley....

still having problems with some software upgrades after upgrading to Maverick. iPhoto took me quite sometime, after many trails and errors to get it working properly. Now, I can't recall what I did. [laugh]

So far, this is the worst experience with Apple OSX. My >10 years experience with Apple is never this bad. Never had any problem with their software upgrades before until Maverick. [bigcry]

Twincharged

Fujitsu Lifebook E series. Bought in 2006. Still working properly now. Upgraded to 4gb ram, SSD and Win7 last year.

I had a Sony Vaio X505, that was made specially for the the Japanese market and not for export, almost 10 years ago. It was the best I've used for it's time - lightweight, fast and beautifully made.

↡ Advertisement