Transparency of parking charges at First Center

Seanboi

I went to First Center (Serangoon North) yesterday from 830pm to 9pm.

When I exited the carpark, I was charged $2.14 for roughly 30mins. Got quite a shocked because I went there before and they charged by the minute.

So the issue is:

1. No parking charges were displayed. Zero signs. (Can i assume it's free?)

2. No notice of change in parking charges

I tried asking the security guards but they wouldnt provide me the Management's contact be it email or phone number. They asked me to go down the next day. I also Tried googling online but to avail.

I would like redress as I felt cheated by the way they go about doing this. [bounce1]

↡ Advertisement

I am sure the time you spent going down and creating a ruckus is certainly worth more than S$2.14?

Matter of principle.... not everything is about money.

• Praise 2

Most likely is $2 per entry after 5/6pm. Add 7% GST, you'll get your $2.14', doesn't matter u went in for 30min or 5min, u still get charged the per entry rate.

You're welcomed. :-)

I went to First Center (Serangoon North) yesterday from 830pm to 9pm.

When I exited the carpark, I was charged $2.14 for roughly 30mins. Got quite a shocked because I went there before and they charged by the minute.

So the issue is:

1. No parking charges were displayed. Zero signs. (Can i assume it's free?)

2. No notice of change in parking charges

I tried asking the security guards but they wouldnt provide me the Management's contact be it email or phone number. They asked me to go down the next day. I also Tried googling online but to avail.

I would like redress as I felt cheated by the way they go about doing this. [bounce1]

It's not about the money. I do agree that going down to kp is a waste time and money.

It's the transparancy.

No parking charges were indicated at all.

No, I am waiting for the vendor to provide me the email to write to them.

Again I would like to emphasize its a matter or principle rather than the money.

TS maybe realized that is a per entry now did not make noise liao. TS can you let us know what is the conclusion to this?

Based on the charge I anticipated its a per entry charge. But my point here is parking charges were not made known. Which I don't think is fair to carpark users.

How does It feel if u get deducted $5, $10 with no transparency?

if im right , after 7pm is per entry $2.14

Was there a sign display which reflects the parking charges? Apparently not when I went.

Most likely is $2 per entry after 5/6pm. Add 7% GST, you'll get your $2.14', doesn't matter u went in for 30min or 5min, u still get charged the per entry rate.

You're welcomed. :-)

Your calculation should be right.

Whether its per min charging or per entry. There were no signs indicating the fees.

On a side note can I simply program my EPS to charge any amount per entry after a certain hour and not displaying parking charges? Would it fair to users?

I am sure the time you spent going down and creating a ruckus is certainly worth more than S$2.14?

if in angmoh country, maybe he can claim time and petrol for the trip to settleg the mistake/cheat caused by the management? But of course this is no angmoh country., and not all angmoh countries practise it also,

Your calculation should be right.

Whether its per min charging or per entry. There were no signs indicating the fees.

On a side note can I simply program my EPS to charge any amount per entry after a certain hour and not displaying parking charges? Would it fair to users?

I think (only):- if there is no sign, ie silence on charges, wont it be a case of user parks at his own risk if he still chooses to go ahead to park when everything regarding parking charges is "grey", unknown??

It's not about the money. I do agree that going down to kp is a waste time and money.

It's the transparancy.

No parking charges were indicated at all.

No, I am waiting for the vendor to provide me the email to write to them.

Again I would like to emphasize its a matter or principle rather than the money.

Based on the charge I anticipated its a per entry charge. But my point here is parking charges were not made known. Which I don't think is fair to carpark users.

How does It feel if u get deducted $5, $10 with no transparency?

Was there a sign display which reflects the parking charges? Apparently not when I went.

Not sure if its optional or compulsary to display car park charge rates at the entrance to car park. To protect the users/consumers, the latter is prefered. Maybe you can also check with Consumer Association, or URA/BCD to clarify this.

I was from Loyang and I have 3 roads to Sin Ming.

Checked the travelling time and should not be congested so I took PIE.

Halfway thru PIE, there was a traffic accident and was caught in the jam.

Can I email LTA and request for compensation as if I took TPE/KPE/Small Road or TPE/CTE will be much faster.

I was from Loyang and I have 3 roads to Sin Ming.

Checked the travelling time and should not be congested so I took PIE.

Halfway thru PIE, there was a traffic accident and was caught in the jam.

Can I email LTA and request for compensation as if I took TPE/KPE/Small Road or TPE/CTE will be much faster.

hmm.. your point is??

The transparency of LTA.

Given a estimated time but it's so inaccurate.

that one is wrong judgement instead of transparency?

IIRC, there is a very small signboard indicating the parking charges on the guard house with really small word size and almost faded away painting. I could be wrong as I only parked there once. Since then I park at the HDB car park opposite the street. Cheaper, larger lot and less crowded.

↡ Advertisement