China's Xiaomi Is Coming ...

Picnic06-Biante15

Don't get any wrong ideal ........... [sly]

It's China Smartphone.

Yahoo News : China’s Xiaomi confirms it will bring its smartphones to Singapore this year

Today Xiaomi, the Chinese smartphone maker known for selling top-notch handsets at bargain bin prices, revealed via social media that it’s next stop beyond the Greater China will indeed be Singapore.

Yesterday Xiaomi’s Hong Kong and Taiwan Facebook pages posted messages featuring the company’s rabbit mascot beside a Chinese dragon proclaiming “Hello Singapore”, linking to a Xiaomi Singapore Facebook page. However, now that Hugo Barra posted

the same picture on his Google+ profile page, the proverbial writing is on the proverbial wall.

Curiously, the Singapore Facebook page appears to have been created in May 2013 – three months before Barra got on board. This might indicate that Xiaomi had been eyeing the move for some time.

Xiaomi had publicly indicated that its next overseas stop beyond Taiwan and Hong Kong would be Singapore back in December when it held a fan meetup in Taipei.

The move to the city-state will test the company’s chops in a market in which consumers have higher incomes on average. It also will be branching out from exclusively Chinese-speaking markets into a multi-lingual market.

Just this morning Xiaomi announced that it had sold over 18 million handsets in 2013, more than twice the 7.19 million it doled out the previous year. In 2014, it’s hoping to hit 40 million. As for revenues, the company raked in over $5.18 billion for the year.

Saw it in China last month whilst visiting Hainan Island. Nice and light, only problem is program all in Chinese wording which reframe me from buying.... [grin]

post-21853-0-77668600-1388723178_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

my friend says that they have very good TV box that can watch a lot of overseas channels?? is it???

Even it is true...once come into our sunny lsland..it will be blocked lah....our medial industry so open to let them do such thing meh..everything must pay..

Edited by LoverofCar

Even it is true...once come into our sunny lsland..it will be blocked lah....our medial industry so open to let them do such thing meh..everything must pay..

sianz...the only place on Earth that we pay to get ourselves screwed........more like employees here...

my friend says that they have very good TV box that can watch a lot of overseas channels?? is it???

Go Aliexpress.com and see. Can only see a while then will not work when the service providers updates their security access codes in their own legal sets.

My coleague bought a couple and now only the 3rd set is working [lipsrsealed] the other 2 got lock-out.

Never heard of it leh...

BIG time in China in terms of market share, Apple no fight I heard. [sweatdrop]

I think cheaper to order on line or get friends from China to bring in.

• Praise 1

Don't get any wrong ideal ........... [sly]

It's China Smartphone.

Yahoo News : China’s Xiaomi confirms it will bring its smartphones to Singapore this year

Today Xiaomi, the Chinese smartphone maker known for selling top-notch handsets at bargain bin prices, revealed via social media that it’s next stop beyond the Greater China will indeed be Singapore.

Yesterday Xiaomi’s Hong Kong and Taiwan Facebook pages posted messages featuring the company’s rabbit mascot beside a Chinese dragon proclaiming “Hello Singapore”, linking to a Xiaomi Singapore Facebook page. However, now that Hugo Barra posted

the same picture on his Google+ profile page, the proverbial writing is on the proverbial wall.

Curiously, the Singapore Facebook page appears to have been created in May 2013 – three months before Barra got on board. This might indicate that Xiaomi had been eyeing the move for some time.

Xiaomi had publicly indicated that its next overseas stop beyond Taiwan and Hong Kong would be Singapore back in December when it held a fan meetup in Taipei.

The move to the city-state will test the company’s chops in a market in which consumers have higher incomes on average. It also will be branching out from exclusively Chinese-speaking markets into a multi-lingual market.

Just this morning Xiaomi announced that it had sold over 18 million handsets in 2013, more than twice the 7.19 million it doled out the previous year. In 2014, it’s hoping to hit 40 million. As for revenues, the company raked in over $5.18 billion for the year.

Saw it in China last month whilst visiting Hainan Island. Nice and light, only problem is program all in Chinese wording which reframe me from buying.... [grin]

buy first, then go chinatown ask atb there to explain the chinese words to you mah!!!

Never heard of it leh...

i think some atb working here use it... why not you borrow from them to try out!!?? [grin]

$169 for Quad core, dual sim, IPS... Good price..

http://www.xiaomi.com/sg/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Xiaomi-Singapore/535405486500557

Singapore Mi fans — #Redmi is coming your way on Feb 21st! Excited? Find out more at www.xiaomi.com/sg and please help us spread the word!

with or without telco contract ... -_-

Edited by Picnic06

Turbocharged

the irony is this company is complaining other non branded hp makers are copying their designs while they are known to copy those branded ones. [laugh]

with or without telco contract ... -_-

should be with telco contract ba...

china selling sgd400+

红米 is like the note version of samsung

Don't know yet.

But it's not 4g phone.. sigh..

yes no LTE for china phones