Budget 2014

RadX

yup, thats why my wife doesnt understand the logic.. single income family sure need more help than those both working family mah, right?... but no leh.. even child care subsidize also lesser.... and before anyone come tell me that my wife should be the one looking after the kids, that is why no need childcare, blablabla... lets say beside looking after 2 young childs, she has to help look after mil with dementia.... [sweatdrop]

These 'helps' like other maternity benefits are to encourage married working woman to have children. Not so much of helping those with challenging income. Especially for singapore where a sizeable women population are working and having kids is not on their priority.

↡ Advertisement

every year, my wife, a stay at home mummy always ask me this question, "why working mummy will have more freebies than non-working mummy huh?".. my reply is always "u wanna go work?".... then she will walk away....... [laugh]

yah, i think likewise.. they need to keep the bullet.... [grin]

I would think more hard decisions till about 3rd quart 2014. Then 4th quart 2014 onwards, they start repenting. hopefully...

These 'helps' like other maternity benefits are to encourage married working woman to have children. Not so much of helping those with challenging income. Especially for singapore where a sizeable women population are working and having kids is not on their priority.

umm.. isnt every citizen singapore child? shouldnt they be treated equally? if u give one apple to child#1, shouldn't child #2 get one as well? why child #1 get it because she is working while child #2 didnt because she is not working?

im refering to childcare support hor, not maternity leaves... since she is not working, i dont expect her to have maternity leaves...and if they wanna encourage woman to give birth, why differentiate between working and non working?....my first son, she enjoy the 3mths maternity benefit but quit working after that..... the second one didnt enjoy any maternity leaves but she is not complaining...... this is my wife's logic... [grin]

I would think more hard decisions till about 3rd quart 2014. Then 4th quart 2014 onwards, they start repenting. hopefully...

you are too optimistic... my guess is in budget 2015 only will see their "sincerity".... :D

umm.. isnt every citizen singapore child? shouldnt they be treated equally? if u give one apple to child#1, shouldn't child #2 get one as well? why child #1 get it because she is working while child #2 didnt because she is not working?

im refering to childcare support hor, not maternity leaves... since she is not working, i dont expect her to have maternity leaves...and if they wanna encourage woman to give birth, why differentiate between working and non working?....my first son, she enjoy the 3mths maternity benefit but quit working after that..... the second one didnt enjoy any maternity leaves but she is not complaining...... this is my wife's logic... [grin]

I can see your wife pov too, in term fair treatment.

• Praise 1

Actually, doesn't non-working mum generally means the family is depending on only one source of income ?

that is from our point of view...but from them its very different view!

Huh? I tot President's authorization needed to activiate reserves..did we miss something?

in theory...but in reality the bugger oso donno whats his signing for! close eyes take pay....sibei song!
  • Praise 3

in theory...but in reality the bugger oso donno whats his signing for! close eyes take pay....sibei song!

umm.. come to think of it, didnt see him around recently... not on tv, not in news.... he is still enjoying his skiing holiday trip perhaps??... [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

yup, thats why my wife doesnt understand the logic.. single income family sure need more help than those both working family mah, right?... but no leh.. even child care subsidize also lesser.... and before anyone come tell me that my wife should be the one looking after the kids, that is why no need childcare, blablabla... lets say beside looking after 2 young childs, she has to help look after mil with dementia.... [sweatdrop]

Bro, you should be happy that you can afford to have single income to maintain the household.

Both parents working do not have a choice... they are unable to survive on 1 income...

Which mother do not want to stay at home to take care/spend more time with their children?

Bro, you should be happy that you can afford to have single income to maintain the household.

Both parents working do not have a choice... they are unable to survive on 1 income...

Which mother do not want to stay at home to take care/spend more time with their children?

BS, to us is a choice... if you are refering to those low income earner/low educated families, i agree... but if mid lvl, i dont agree.... just recently had a talk with wife about the expectation... she pop a remarks... "wah, recently, seems like everyone is staying in condo hor?".... (because my sil just bought a condo(tembusu), then my wife's younger sis moved to condo last year and her eldest sis staying in landed)

i simply said..,... depends on what type of life you want lar..?... we simply do not have the money or means to afford it..... if you want, we could buy, just sell this 4-rm flat away for 500K+, use it for dp for a condo and starts servicing again for 20yrs for few K's per mth... but the risk is high, if i get the boot next year, we are doom... im in a sunset industry and you are not working... i rather live in a fully paid up flat, driving a fully paid up car for another 3yrs, and starts buidling up education funds for the kids.... luckily my wife is a simple woman with simple needs, she just agree with that and move on....im lucky to have her, she is simple, no need brand bags, no need diamond,.. [thumbsup]

• Praise 2

BS, to us is a choice... if you are refering to those low income earner/low educated families, i agree... but if mid lvl, i dont agree.... just recently had a talk with wife about the expectation... she pop a remarks... "wah, recently, seems like everyone is staying in condo hor?".... (because my sil just bought a condo(tembusu), then my wife's younger sis moved to condo last year and her eldest sis staying in landed)

i simply said..,... depends on what type of life you want lar..?... we simply do not have the money or means to afford it..... if you want, we could buy, just sell this 4-rm flat away for 500K+, use it for dp for a condo and starts servicing again for 20yrs for few K's per mth... but the risk is high, if i get the boot next year, we are doom... im in a sunset industry and you are not working... i rather live in a fully paid up flat, driving a fully paid up car for another 3yrs, and starts buidling up education funds for the kids.... luckily my wife is a simple woman with simple needs, she just agree with that and move on....im lucky to have her, she is simple, no need brand bags, no need diamond,.. [thumbsup]

why you copy my story again ? [laugh][laugh]

Neutral Newbie

yes, I'm referring to the lower income, that's why I said they cant survive on 1 income.

So the working mom receiving more freebies than SAHM.

I'm with you on the second part [wave]

Good wife! Fully paid up HDB is better than a 70% loaned condo or landed..

As to why working wife get more subsidy.. Simple deduction: Freebies in Singapore are not free. Someone is paying for it. And by someone, it means you and me. So, if SAHM not contributing to economy (working), why would MIW give same subsidy as someone contributing more? [lipsrsealed]

• Praise 2

Good wife! Fully paid up HDB is better than a 70% loaned condo or landed..

As to why working wife get more subsidy.. Simple deduction: Freebies in Singapore are not free. Someone is paying for it. And by someone, it means you and me. So, if SAHM not contributing to economy (working), why would MIW give same subsidy as someone contributing more? [lipsrsealed]

i'm here long enough to fully understand your points and i agree but my wife being a simple woman, dont wanna corrupt her simple life with such stuff...... just let grumble a bit wont die one... [laugh]

i'm here long enough to fully understand your points and i agree but my wife being a simple woman, dont wanna corrupt her simple life with such stuff...... just let grumble a bit wont die one... [laugh]

Haha, don't say lidat, I never mean anything bad about your wife. In fact, I trying to teach my GF similar things. Eat coffee shop cai peng, take bus MRT walk, but she.. Not from high income family, but quite pampered as she's only child. What I'm worried is that next time she wanna have all the expensive stuff.. Now every time wanna go cafe and eat restaurant. Need to keep pulling her away.. Haiz.. But she's not GCP, as I'm poor guy.. Haha..

a good wife is very important asset in life [thumbsup]

• Praise 3

a good wife is very important asset in life [thumbsup]

yup, all my relatives said that... envy me leh.... [grin]

Haha, don't say lidat, I never mean anything bad about your wife. In fact, I trying to teach my GF similar things. Eat coffee shop cai peng, take bus MRT walk, but she.. Not from high income family, but quite pampered as she's only child. What I'm worried is that next time she wanna have all the expensive stuff.. Now every time wanna go cafe and eat restaurant. Need to keep pulling her away.. Haiz.. But she's not GCP, as I'm poor guy.. Haha..

[laugh] looks like you got a high maintenance ride hor... [laugh]

yup, all my relatives said that... envy me leh.... [grin]

in studies, career, business, investing time, effort, money usually yields results, more often than not

most people can get this aspect right if they put in the investment

however, a relationship is different. if both the man and woman attitidue is correct, investing time, effort and money usually yields tremendous result

but if any one party is not right attitude, whatever investment also no use one

in studies, career, business, investing time, effort, money usually yields results, more often than not

most people can get this aspect right if they put in the investment

however, a relationship is different. if both the man and woman attitidue is correct, investing time, effort and money usually yields tremendous result

but if any one party is not right attitude, whatever investment also no use one

wah... damn cheemmm leh.... err... what is the morale of the story huh?... [grin]

↡ Advertisement