Sleep apnea

Ysc3

Twincharged

anyone undergone treatment or study for the sleep apnea ?

got an appointment at the end of the month (29/1) for a sleep clinic at CGH ....

can tell me what's going to happen and how much its gonna cost ?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

got an appointment at the end of the month (29/1) for a sleep clinic at CGH ....

u subisdised or private? Basically they going to give u a bigger entrance. ur bj next time DEEPER,,,muaahahhaa

kidding. It basically does opening of the airway as there might be some blockage there. note hor, this condiiton can kill and you can die in sleep......er i not selling you my pkg hor, but the truth

naah. see here

http://www.moh.gov.sg/content/moh_web/home/costs_and_financing/HospitalBillSize/sleep_apnoea.html

Twincharged

had difficulty in breathing when asleep ... so went to polyclinic.

polyclinic then refer me to CGH A&E for heart and lungs tests.

now the CGH dr refer me to ENT for sleep clinic.

so i guess i should be under subsidized ... if not, the bill might kill me if the disorder doesn't.

but before the procedure, i am required to go thru the sleep clinic for them to monitor me when i am sleeping.

so would like to find out more about the sleep clinic first ...

so i guess i should be under subsidized ... if not, the bill might kill me if the disorder doesn't.

but before the procedure, i am required to go thru the sleep clinic for them to monitor me when i am sleeping.

bro whats your result

mine is almost 2 min stop breathing

using cpap out of the question as my face very sensitive

ops will be schedule but kind off surprise that i need to put 5k deposit for the ops

• Praise 1

bro whats your result

ops will be schedule but kind off surprise that i need to put 5k deposit for the ops

Are you obese? If so, go lose weight. I've had apnea issue also and have been using CPAP for a couple of years. After losing over 10kg weight, I never need to use CPAP anymore. In the meanwhile, CPAP is still the gold standard. I don't really believe skin is so sensitive that you can't wear it. It's the matter of getting use to it.

• Praise 2

Not everybody will benefit from surgery.

Sleep study is to assess the level of apnoea you are experiencing. The ENT will assess you see if surgery is helpful for you.

CPAP is still the gold standard.

Best is to lose weight if you're overweight.

• Praise 1

U need sleep aid respiratory and pillow

The respiratory machine about 1.xk

Pillow not sure how much

Cheaper alternative, exercise and slim down, when sleep don't put pillow too high as it might block ur respiratory throat. Make urself tired so can sleep better

Go get from cpap.com.

Local price here is too expensive, though I can't blame them. I've used puritan bennett goodknight sleep 420E for a couple of years until it kaput. Those time, it was made in France, can really tahan. Cost me like 600+ USD back then. In SG, if I not mistaken will be cost SGD2K. I then bought another unit, for 300+ USD and I used it for awhile before going for lifestyle change and weightloss program. The CPAP machine is now collecting dust in my cabinet.... :-D

Supercharged

SGH sleep clinic: They stick sensors on head and body, hook these up to a machine, and monitor you throughout the night (room get infrared camera). They then assess your condition to see how chialat and suggest treatment options.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

I forgot the cost but my brother went for it at Khoo Teck Puat. They hook you up with monitoring devices to collect data.

Go get from cpap.com.

Local price here is too expensive, though I can't blame them. I've used puritan bennett goodknight sleep 420E for a couple of years until it kaput. Those time, it was made in France, can really tahan. Cost me like 600+ USD back then. In SG, if I not mistaken will be cost SGD2K. I then bought another unit, for 300+ USD and I used it for awhile before going for lifestyle change and weightloss program. The CPAP machine is now collecting dust in my cabinet.... :-D

Resmed CPAP machine costs $2k plus. Didn't know there are cheap options available.

• Praise 1

I forgot the cost but my brother went for it at Khoo Teck Puat. They hook you up with monitoring devices to collect data.

Resmed CPAP machine costs $2k plus. Didn't know there are cheap options available.

Yup, although the site requires medical letter, I gave them a letter written by GP and they also accept.

I did my sleep study at SGH (B2 ward) for a day, costs was $500+... but after medisave and insurance, didn't pay a single cent.

Shortly after, was issued a prescription for a CPAP machine (Trial for 1 month - Philips model), but mask have to purchase (due to hygience reasons). Mask costs $187.50 (was told it was subsidsed but i doubt it).

After i returned the machine, i realised there is a website that sells the machine at a better price. Try out

http://w-w-w.secondwindcpap.com/ (i'm not related to the webby), and i got myself a low-hr Resmed Autoset S9 w/o humidifier @ $479 + $75 (postage). Definately cheaper than a $1800 new set in SG, if you dun mind a slightly used set (with new tubings). When i received mine, it only had about 50hrs used, so its not bad.

I just bought a mask from them too, so they are very reliable.

Hope this helps.

• Praise 3

Twincharged

bro whats your result

i guess you have got most of the answers already .... i did the sleep test and i was told i stopped breathing for 74 times or something ... can't remember already ...

options : CPAP, surgery or lose weight.

i still have not done any of the above.

i guess you have got most of the answers already .... i did the sleep test and i was told i stopped breathing for 74 times or something ... can't remember already ...

options : CPAP, surgery or lose weight.

i still have not done any of the above.

So it does not bother you at all?

Supersonic

Sleep study can also be done at home. I got mine done in my own home. They came to set up everything for me and then came back the next day to collect the machines and data.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

bro whats your result

woah.. 2 mins stop breathing is a lot isn't it?

• Praise 2

woah.. 2 mins stop breathing is a lot isn't it?

Basically, he can put those legendary korean sea diving auntie to shame... [nod]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1