Road Patching done badly

Tigerstrike

I find driving in Singapore roads are bumpy and danger some places, as too many road works and temporary patching done by the contractors.

According to LTA, http://app.lta.gov.sg/apps/news/page.aspx?c=3&id=18441a17-711c-4164-aa90-67ee180d250f

Any works that completed, contractors are to permanent reinstatement the roads within 3 weeks. However, I did not see it happening. No one care to check and verify. And that’s my thoughts. I am passing the same route to work every day, and for many months till now, the patches still there. More and more patches everywhere and seem getting worse.

Do you guys find road patches more in Singapore? Or is just me?

post-10428-0-54783600-1389188777_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Whenever therre are road works, the road patching confirmed is done badly. The patching is not done same level of the exisiting road. There are many such roads in jurong area! And complaint to LTA also no use.

LTA should inspect every road being dug and patched up, but they're bloody lazy.

Sit in office and issue permit only.

Why bother to patch up in the first place ?

Just wait for the next one to come dig again.

BUKIT BATOK EAST AVE 3 [thumbsdown]

I get free coilover feeling. ccb!

so much so that my camera shock sensing alarm went off!

Edited by Gohsj89

I think the persons in charge really no longer take any pride in their works, especially for such mundane, unglamourous jobs like ensuring smooth traffic flow or proper maintenance of our roads. No one in LTA cares if the South Indian/Bangladeshi workers suka suka block multiple lanes during peak hours and causes unnecessary (and could be massive) jams.

They would rather be associated with and appear in the news for things like the mega $4.3 Bn underwater car park..... or for teaching other cities/countries how to run their land transport system.

PS - Agree BUKIT BATOK EAST AVE 3 is in real bad shape, last night I drove along there and I thought I ran over a brick!

• Praise 1

Bideford Road near junction of Cairnhill Road towards CTE, "permanently" patched.

Been driving this road since 2013 still patchy. some more have small pot hole.

Pasir Panjang Road. They always dig & patch then dig again and patch.The process kept repeating. I felt like travelling on the major roads of Malaysia.

Turbocharged

too many roads to list already, esp the smaller roads in housing estates leading to the main roads.

quality of contractors have gone down. i would presume no survey and approval by the relevant authorities after road works are done. if there are, then it is very slipshod examination. [thumbsdown]

Some patch are horizontally across the road, make it a mini-roadhump. Suspension sure gone very soon when drive over at high speed.

BUKIT BATOK EAST AVE 3 [thumbsdown]

I get free coilover feeling. ccb!

so much so that my camera shock sensing alarm went off!

this stretch is constant dig and patch and dig again, it has been there for months and i wonder when they are going to complete the whole damn project.

I find driving in Singapore roads are bumpy and danger some places, as too many road works and temporary patching done by the contractors.

According to LTA, http://app.lta.gov.sg/apps/news/page.aspx?c=3&id=18441a17-711c-4164-aa90-67ee180d250f

Any works that completed, contractors are to permanent reinstatement the roads within 3 weeks. However, I did not see it happening. No one care to check and verify. And that’s my thoughts. I am passing the same route to work every day, and for many months till now, the patches still there. More and more patches everywhere and seem getting worse.

Do you guys find road patches more in Singapore? Or is just me?

LTA is govt agency so all repair works need to go through tende process. What do u expect if the award goes to the lowest bidder?

Moroever, isn't this the whole idea? If everything is done well the 1st time, there will be no more jobs for foreign workers. Like that how to justify their stay in SG?

• Praise 2

Wah lao, one of my pet topics man. I really don't understand how come our road so sub-standard. The point I think is not to compare to places like Malaysia or Indonesia where there are potholes, like that I think we can never improve, if we are happy so long as we are not last.

I think in Singapore we have so many manholes along the road that with each layer added on, the manholes becomea deeper and deeper hole relative to the level of the ground and then you end up with a bumpy ride. Plus the ownership and supervision issue, I agree LTA should be much stricter in their supervision and I don't mean after the re-paving is done, because by then it is like too late, LLST, it is during the paving process already must watch the vendor like a hawk.

Last but not least, I really wonder if there is something about the bituman mix that we are using to pave the road that makes it sub-grade.

• Praise 2

Commonwealth Ave beside the MRT station...

Bus lane on the left, 2nd lane want to turn in to tanglin halt.. left the bumpy right lane..

We need LTA to be more stringent in their inspection (if there is one) to raise the standard so that contractors know they can't get away with shoddy jobs. This is a vicious cycle.

↡ Advertisement