Road Patching done badly

Tigerstrike

If damage occurred to your suspension or wheels and tyres due to a bad patch, document the road with overview as well as close-up photo evidence, even better if can take photo with ruler to show the depth of the unevenness. Best to do at night.

Then at the workshop or tyre shop, again take close-up photos and overview photos of the vehicle part damaged by the bad road. Make sure your photos document in detail the effect the bad road had on your vehicle part. Replace the damaged parts and pay for it, keep all receipts and documentation. Not advisable to attempt any fraud here ok.

Then write email to LTA with photo attachments to present your case.

LTA will then refer you to the relevant authority responsible for the road works.

Relevant authority will then schedule a meeting with you, together with contractor responsible for the works.

After meeting and presenting your case, with supporting documents, contractor will refer back to his boss.

The boss will decide whether to compensate you.

I got compensated twice - once for bent steering arm, once for ruptured tyre inner lining.

Good luck!

after you hve done so many thing, lta occifer shrugs and tel you: No case

:D

↡ Advertisement

Thanks for sharing your experience!!

I guess the process took quite a while, typical beauracratic style?

If damage occurred to your suspension or wheels and tyres due to a bad patch, document the road with overview as well as close-up photo evidence, even better if can take photo with ruler to show the depth of the unevenness. Best to do at night.

Then at the workshop or tyre shop, again take close-up photos and overview photos of the vehicle part damaged by the bad road. Make sure your photos document in detail the effect the bad road had on your vehicle part. Replace the damaged parts and pay for it, keep all receipts and documentation. Not advisable to attempt any fraud here ok.

Then write email to LTA with photo attachments to present your case.

LTA will then refer you to the relevant authority responsible for the road works.

Relevant authority will then schedule a meeting with you, together with contractor responsible for the works.

After meeting and presenting your case, with supporting documents, contractor will refer back to his boss.

The boss will decide whether to compensate you.

I got compensated twice - once for bent steering arm, once for ruptured tyre inner lining.

Good luck!

after you hve done so many thing, lta occifer shrugs and tel you: No case

:D

It is no the LTA officer who decides. Like I mentioned, the LTA will refer your case to the agency who needed to do the works (telecom company or utilities company etc), the agency representative will meet you together with the contractor they employed to do the digging and laying work (be it cable laying, etc).

The contractor company will decide whether to compensate you. I don't know behind the scenes where the money comes from, probably their insurance.

Thanks for sharing your experience!!

I guess the process took quite a while, typical beauracratic style?

Not really. Within two weeks you get compensated. In my case, they gave me hard cash after approving my claims.

PUI, 10mm as standard. PUI ... LTA please check the roads.

Agree bukit batok ave 3.
there one, slip road to lornie road from dunearn. i got a puncture there.

surprising as a Hougang resident, road patch there seem in better condition than elsewhere.

If you get my drift...

There used to be a pothole at Woodlands ave 10, just after turning in from Admiralty road west. It was patched up and tarmac laid nicely after some time. I guess someone must have reported this to the authorities. If only every road can be patched up and tarmac laid properly, then we wouldn't have passengers bouncing up and down in the rear seats..

Actually, assuming that its a situation that cant be improved like mrt, the next best thing will be to use standard comfort tyres?

Side wall no lower than 105mm ?

• Praise 1

Actually, assuming that its a situation that cant be improved like mrt, the next best thing will be to use standard comfort tyres?

Side wall no lower than 105mm ?

Actually standard comfort tyres are good enough for low speed, stop-go traffic in SGP also.

Bideford Road near junction of Cairnhill Road towards CTE, "permanently" patched.

Been driving this road since 2013 still patchy. some more have small pot hole.

surprisingly, 1 week after commenting on the above, the stretch of road

were being nicely done.... [:)][:)] smooth passage now

Wrote in to LTA to patch things up around Bukit Batok area - after more than 1 week, I got a response that they need more time to "investigate"! Including for a pothole.....

sigh.....

Lane1, Sengkang East Drive towards Punggol is one goode example.

i already complained this mentioned road.

LTA replied saying contractor havnt finish the job. so cant get a smoooth road.

many cars, even though they are on 1st lane, they tend to drift more to the left touching the divider between the 1st/2nd lane. in order to siam the uneven road.

actually, once you complain to LTA, they act very fast especially for those dangerous pothole.

The next 3 days, they had it fill up. [thumbsup]

I guess LTA fill up pothole pretty fast, but they dont really act fast on unevenly patching due to road works. If you complaint on road unevenly on roads, they will tell you they would not do anything unless there is a big hole on the road.

• Praise 1

many cars, even though they are on 1st lane, they tend to drift more to the left touching the divider between the 1st/2nd lane. in order to siam the uneven road.

yep, that's true. I hv to second guess if some of these cars are trying to lane change abruptly.

Actually, I observed vehicles keeping mostly on lane 2 and 3, even during peak hours.

Edited by Toothiewabbit

I guess LTA fill up pothole pretty fast, but they dont really act fast on unevenly patching due to road works. If you complaint on road unevenly on roads, they will tell you they would not do anything unless there is a big hole on the road.

This seems to tell us that uneven roads are now acceptable to LTA's world class roads!! Maybe they know their elite leaders sit in well cushioned limos or atas cars and wont feel the unevenness, so bo chup peasants' compliants about uneven roads!! They do know their priority!! [sweatdrop]

This seems to tell us that uneven roads are now acceptable to LTA's world class roads!! Maybe they know their elite leaders sit in well cushioned limos or atas cars and wont feel the unevenness, so bo chup peasants' compliants about uneven roads!! They do know their priority!! [sweatdrop]

Your are right. Had complaint on the uneveness on the road, and LTA replied that the uneveness is not major problem and very subjective, some may find the road ok and some may find the road bumpy, but overall unless LTA received many complaints on the same road, if not no action will be taken.

BUKIT BATOK EAST AVE 3 [thumbsdown]

I get free coilover feeling. ccb!

so much so that my camera shock sensing alarm went off!

I wrote to LTA regarding the poor, patchy resurfacing. After about 3 weeks, here's the reply (among others):

" Bukit Batok East Avenue 3

SPPG is carrying out cable-installation work at this area since early December 2013, and would need time to test the cables after they have been laid. We target to complete these testing in September 2014 and then commence resurfacing work on the road. "

A 300m cabling work that takes almost 1 year! Amazing! And even more amazing it will take 9 months to "test" the electrical cables. Any primary student will know cables are either close circuit, open circuit, or shorted.... within 30 minutes. Meanwhile thousands of motorists will have to suffer like drivers in India or Bolivia.

Most amazing of all, LTA can accept a patchy stretch of road for such a long duration waiting for Power Grid's "test" results.

No wonder the whole country's infrastructure is going downhill - no pride in their work, accepting third class performance. In Taiwan their road engineers have to clear land slides within a day or two. Imagine them saying "we will test the repair work for the next 9 months before opening the road"....

It indeed the patch road surface and lengthy road works indicate a systemic problem in the organization.

• Praise 3