Road Patching done badly

Tigerstrike

Turbocharged

bro, please get your facts right before posting...

LTA = Lampa Transport Authority [thumbsup]

or Labia... [smash]

↡ Advertisement

I fully agree with all of the roads listed.. For Steven road I would thought the LTA (Govt) would have care better since there could be oversea business visitors who could be on a taxi using that road to go somewhere for a meeting. For Pioneer Area... that's the worst... LTA thought that only heavy vehicles using that road... small cars' suspension will definitely wear out faster! For Bukit Batok Ave 3, used to be one of the best maintained road, but now become the playground for cable layers / exacavators.

I did ask about the quality of the metal plates which I total detest driving over it and what standards do they adhere to. LTA replied all are properly engineered..and I said BS...coz those metal plates at Pioneer Area which has plenty of heavy trucks driving onto has already WARPED! If you ever seen a car driving across them, you may start to wonder if they are newbies who is trying to find their clutch biting point (shaking like mad).

Ya Bukit Batok Ave 3 is one of the worst roads. Bumpy nevermind, there was a "hump" somewhere around the patchy areas which recently got better (but still can be felt). My car had been going over this "hump" everyday for over a year!

Easterners more go Lambo, Maserati, Ferrari forums.

Lol! I see that the complaints are west side roads. No east side jialat roads meh?

Our 'world-class' roads are falling to 3rd world stds. I find that roads in MY are smoother nowadays.

Called LTA to comprain abt badly patched roads, potholes, etc. Phone officer say they will look into it. Knn, receive a sms 2 weeks later saying they will onli patch up in 2 months time!......sibei world class. [shakehead]

Wrote to LTA a few times about patchy road, once the contractors are finally done, LTA will resurface the road once and for all. But its a matter of time before the roads get dig up again.

This may cause a few accidents. Especially for new drivers. :(

Our 'world-class' roads are falling to 3rd world stds. I find that roads in MY are smoother nowadays.

Called LTA to comprain abt badly patched roads, potholes, etc. Phone officer say they will look into it. Knn, receive a sms 2 weeks later saying they will onli patch up in 2 months time!......sibei world class. [shakehead]

How come nvr ask them why in 2 mths time?

check with LTA, i think they will give u good response.

try a few times (pot holes, crack on road).... within 24 hrs, action taken liao..

so i think road patch, they probably have good reason for the delay... they not short of $$ to patch the road.. what they need is monitoring (that fall on us the users)...

u cant expect LTA to monitor 100% of their road...

This may cause a few accidents. Especially for new drivers. :(

My friend 2 months old rim uplorry.

Dont have replacement for 4 and hard time to find a matt black 17" with 112PCD.

Just now at the WS, I saw a lancer driver not knowing he had wrapped rims.

Stones are gathering in between the rim & tyre already.

No choice, changed 4 rims.

I run over a few big pots these months and luckily for me at today's inspection, all ok.

need to tender for lowest bids? [lipsrsealed]

maybe they anticipated that they'll be super busy dealing wif all the kpkb from MCE........? [lipsrsealed]

check with LTA, i think they will give u good response.

try a few times (pot holes, crack on road).... within 24 hrs, action taken liao..

so i think road patch, they probably have good reason for the delay... they not short of $$ to patch the road.. what they need is monitoring (that fall on us the users)...

u cant expect LTA to monitor 100% of their road...

Roads should be LTA responsibility, not road users.

We can help LTA by feedback those areas they missed to Inspect, high wear and tear area

Contractor failed to finish the road properly, as to LTA requirement. LTA should check and get them back right?

It will be nice if LTA and Traffic police could put effort on the road condition (patches, uneven ground, wear & tear, etc).

We can help LTA by feedback those areas they missed to Inspect, high wear and tear area

Contractor failed to finish the road properly, as to LTA requirement. LTA should check and get them back right?

It will be nice if LTA and Traffic police could put effort on the road condition (patches, uneven ground, wear & tear, etc).

crime is police job, but crime prevention is everyone's responsibility...

u cant expect police to be everywhere and everytime..

we the road users, will be using the road.. if road got problem, we just feedback.. this help a lot in the monitoring..

if everything left to the LTA.. i think that is not right.

Edited by Wolfy3769
  • Praise 1

LTA owns and maintains all public roads to ensure they are safe for use and free of defects. By all means give feedbacks as road users to LTA on defects etc but fundamentally LTA must play its role as mentioned.

Ultimately if a pot hole causes an accident and if it can be proven that the fault lies in lack of timely maintenance / repairs on the part of LTA, it cant cite the lack of public feedbacks on the pot hole and free itself from its responsibilities mentioned.

This could mean life n dealth especially when a cyclist ("weaker" road user) is injured due to the pot hole.

Road users' feedbacks are good, but they cant replace LTA's regular monitoring of road conditions, this is their prime responsibilities.

If damage occurred to your suspension or wheels and tyres due to a bad patch, document the road with overview as well as close-up photo evidence, even better if can take photo with ruler to show the depth of the unevenness. Best to do at night.

Then at the workshop or tyre shop, again take close-up photos and overview photos of the vehicle part damaged by the bad road. Make sure your photos document in detail the effect the bad road had on your vehicle part. Replace the damaged parts and pay for it, keep all receipts and documentation. Not advisable to attempt any fraud here ok.

Then write email to LTA with photo attachments to present your case.

LTA will then refer you to the relevant authority responsible for the road works.

Relevant authority will then schedule a meeting with you, together with contractor responsible for the works.

After meeting and presenting your case, with supporting documents, contractor will refer back to his boss.

The boss will decide whether to compensate you.

I got compensated twice - once for bent steering arm, once for ruptured tyre inner lining.

Good luck!

Edited by Viceroymenthol
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1