Using power bank with Car Cam

Carnoob

Neutral Newbie

Hi Gearosv2,

I did not connect to cig charger, just direct from power bank to cam. I have a few powerbank so i exchange and bring home to charge. Yes it is very troublesome, but already use to it. Your suggested way of connection is not a bad idea. However, 2 issues 1)if the power bank become flat, your 1 hr drive will not be able to charge up the powerbank much, 2)I think that recharging the powerbank if it is not flat will degrade the powerbank ( this also depend on the type of material the powerbank is made of).

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

errr...so big, just to power a car cam??

guarantee won't run out of juice for 24 or more hr surveillance [:p]

yes.. only issue is the storage.

Neutral Newbie

Actually the car dvr wont eat much power even if connect constant power. If really worry abt draining battery can buy the magic power option or buy dvr with auto cut off function.

Powerbank need to be charge fruqently and car driving wont charge enough against the usage.

Neutral Newbie

Hi Gearosv2,

I did not connect to cig charger, just direct from power bank to cam. I have a few powerbank so i exchange and bring home to charge. Yes it is very troublesome, but already use to it. Your suggested way of connection is not a bad idea. However, 2 issues 1)if the power bank become flat, your 1 hr drive will not be able to charge up the powerbank much, 2)I think that recharging the powerbank if it is not flat will degrade the powerbank ( this also depend on the type of material the powerbank is made of).

Hi Arjohn,

Could you please let me know what cable do you use to connect your power bank to the cam (Blackvue DR550GW) ?

I'm planning to do the same thing. What is the size of the DC jack ?

Supercharged

I used a 50,000mah power bank on a 5V car cam, works just nice. Thanks for all the bros here.

what camera is it hooked to?

how long before you need to recharge?

Supercharged

what camera is it hooked to?

how long before you need to recharge?

My car cam does have motion detection so it's on loop for 5 minutes, it would last 6 hrs. If with motion detection which I had also tried, it will last me 3 days. So buy 2 good enough

• Praise 1

Supercharged

My car cam does have motion detection so it's on loop for 5 minutes, it would last 6 hrs. If with motion detection which I had also tried, it will last me 3 days. So buy 2 good enough

thanks bro. that is a good indicator.

time to go source for a 50k mah bank liow [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

bought a power bank, but the inputs and output is an issue for me, I want to ask anyone out there how to over come it. The power bank comes with USB heads, but the car camera is with cigarette lighter adapter. how do i get a male cigarette lighter head to a USB input to the power bank and also a USB output head to a female cigarette lighter adapter?

Anyone can advice?

Supercharged

bought a power bank, but the inputs and output is an issue for me, I want to ask anyone out there how to over come it. The power bank comes with USB heads, but the car camera is with cigarette lighter adapter. how do i get a male cigarette lighter head to a USB input to the power bank and also a USB output head to a female cigarette lighter adapter?

Anyone can advice?

Most car cam comes with both a USB cable and a 12V socket head (cigarette adapter). Yours don't have the USD cable ?

↡ Advertisement