Buying A Commercial Vehicle

Hondasteam

I happened to browse upon a link about LTA is calling a surprise industry-wide meeting with motor traders, sparking speculation that it will announce more changes to the COE system...

http://www.sgcarmart.com/news/article.php?AID=9537

In view of the high cost of owning a private car, anyone has thought of buying a commercial car. What are the pros & cons?

Any idea which make/model is suitable for ferrying passengers (7-8 seaters) as well as carrying goods?

↡ Advertisement

I happened to browse upon a link about LTA is calling a surprise industry-wide meeting with motor traders, sparking speculation that it will announce more changes to the COE system...

http://www.sgcarmart.com/news/article.php?AID=9537

In view of the high cost of owning a private car, anyone has thought of buying a commercial car. What are the pros & cons?

Any idea which make/model is suitable for ferrying passengers (7-8 seaters) as well as carrying goods?

I would say that your intention is selfish.

If more people like you jump into buying a commercial vehicle for personal use, it will only drive up premiums for commercial vehicles.

Knowing the style of Singapore, the costs will only then translated to inflation to end consumers. Which also affect yourself in the end.

So if you're not ready to buy a 7-8 seater with current premium, join us in the not-so reliable public transport network.

• Praise 1

aiya, to each his own lah.

not many will be willing to dump their car for a commercial vehicle unless bo bian. Tio bo...... [nod]

Edited by Hamburger
  • Praise 2

Aiya, I also thought of getting 13-seater minivan as transport. Ferry the family plus getting some part time job using the minivan... hahaaa...

Twincharged

Also planning to get those small vans that can sit 10+ people after my COE ends. Cuz right now my family is using 3 cars and having a van and one more car would be cheaper.

Aiya, I also thought of getting 13-seater minivan as transport. Ferry the family plus getting some part time job using the minivan... hahaaa...

I browsed upon Toyota & Nissan website for commercial vehicles & saw that too but a bit exaggerating 12 is too much for me..

Fair enough, we all have something in mind on top of ferrying passengers, to do some side biz(s).. There is no way to register a commercial vehicle without 1st registering for bz right :)

A few things you need to know..

1. You need a registered company to buy a G plate

2. By rights, you can only use the G plate on company business - although this is hard to enforce

3. Only company employees are allowed to ride in the vehicle

4. For minibus (PA Plate) you can only buy if you have a certain number of employees (I can't remember exactly - maybe 7 or 9 CPF employees)

5. For minibus only company employees can ride in it

6. Cannot drive across the causeway in a G plate

7. For driving PA plate across the causeway, the law seems to be a bit murky - the info I have right now is that it can be done if you are not carrying goods, but I am not very sure.

8. You will be limited to 70 km/h

9. You will have to pay more ERP

Edited by Darryn
  • Praise 1

I browsed upon Toyota & Nissan website for commercial vehicles & saw that too but a bit exaggerating 12 is too much for me..

Fair enough, we all have something in mind on top of ferrying passengers, to do some side biz(s).. There is no way to register a commercial vehicle without 1st registering for bz right :)

I was thinking more of used minivan... yup need to register for biz first

Twincharged

Have to register a business first. I will probably register using my uncle's business. 2 of my relatives have been doing that for the past 3-4 years. Plus they are using diesel so can save alot on fuel.

whoa!!! simi van lai leh

$130k!!! [crazy]

Nissan%20NV200.pngNV200+6 8-STR GCP VAN EURO5

$128,912.00STARTING

PRICE

Have to register a business first. I will probably register using my uncle's business. 2 of my relatives have been doing that for the past 3-4 years. Plus they are using diesel so can save alot on fuel.

diesel no 3/4 tank [sly]

whoa!!! simi van lai leh

$130k!!! [crazy]

diesel no 3/4 tank [sly]

No wonder there are so many on lane 1/2.

Because it's equally or if not more costly than cars.

And when people pay more, they expect to be treated equally.

I driving dian yew chia. Most diesels are now Eu5 liao loh.

euro 5 pah jiu hoo's you sai, consperm uplorlee [laugh]

No wonder there are so many on lane 1/2.

Because it's equally or if not more costly than cars.

And when people pay more, they expect to be treated equally.

now many lorlee van pigkarp very hiong

my lao pigkarp which can only chet small moto, keep to left lane, low profile [shy]

Nissan%20NV200.pngNV200+6 8-STR GCP VAN EURO5

$128,912.00STARTING

PRICE

Driving this now. A very pratical car to get around Singapore.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1