Buying A Commercial Vehicle

Hondasteam

i have been hunting around for vans too. also noted the nissan nv200 GCP van.

1. would like to ask, since GCP vans are charged ARF, does it mean there will be parf rebate after 10 year COE expire?

2. also, anyone driving larger vans like volkswagon transporter or hyundai starex or traffic, do you have trouble with carparks due to their height. i know that 1.8m car parks confirm cannot, but 1.9m car parks give trouble?

3. my uncle told me that there is a scheme for educational institutes to purchase minibus (PA plate) or some vehicle without COE, is this true? anyone can help clarify on this scheme?

↡ Advertisement

i have been hunting around for vans too. also noted the nissan nv200 GCP van.

1. would like to ask, since GCP vans are charged ARF, does it mean there will be parf rebate after 10 year COE expire?

2. also, anyone driving larger vans like volkswagon transporter or hyundai starex or traffic, do you have trouble with carparks due to their height. i know that 1.8m car parks confirm cannot, but 1.9m car parks give trouble?

3. my uncle told me that there is a scheme for educational institutes to purchase minibus (PA plate) or some vehicle without COE, is this true? anyone can help clarify on this scheme?

Not many buy GPV nowadays, you are tax like normal car but no(zero) parf rebate irregardless of the vehicle lifespan. Only perks is the diesel and low road tax. As long as your van is more than 1.8m in height, just beware of those old carparks in shopping mall.

I have been driving petrol and diesel van. My opinion is that if using more for private work, petrol is advisable as the yearly inspection is a breeze and cheaper, diesel however, inspection standard have increase from emission 50 to 40. Any reading above 40 means fail.